Away to Burnley again

Awful F-ing sh*ting draw.... crap team we played last season who will bloomin lose to, again.... and have thier fans dribbling and sticking up thier three stumped fingers at us, whilst playing their banjo's...

bobbins.

When's the FA Cup again?

Godawful draw.

Can't see last years numbers making the trip across. Can't see their lot turning out in force. Chances are we'll lose. Can only think of one or two worse ones in the bag.

Same thoughts here.

Of all the teams we could have got, we draw the ones we played at the same stage last season. Ace <_<

why wouldnt you be bothered? thats a strange thing to say. i wouldnt right us off.

I'm not bothered that I'm missing it. Did it last year and it was an alright day out, nothing special. Think we'll probably get turned over like we did last year...play well but their class will prevail.

I was worried we'd get a great draw and I wouldn't be able to go. It's like I'm happy, if I've got to miss a game, I'm only missing Col U in the league. It's worked out well. Of course I want us to win, but I'm not exactly gutted that I'm not going to be able to make it.

Edited by jsslatic

Awful F-ing sh*ting draw.... crap team we played last season who will bloomin lose to, again.... and have thier fans dribbling and sticking up thier three stumped fingers at us, whilst playing their banjo's...

bobbins.

When's the FA Cup again?

How soon Shez's call for us to be confident has been forgotten!

Guest M_OAFC

I'm quite shocked at the reaction to that draw. I wasn't expecting any wow factor but I don't think it's too bad.

We aren't going to win the Carling Cup and so we all know that for clubs at our level it's about hoping to make some money and get a glamour day out for the players and fans.

Well frankly I don't think you're going to get that from any of the sides that enter at this stage. You've got to get to Round 3 before opponents of that ilk are in the hat so for me the first 2 rounds are all about just getting through, other than that there is little or nothing to gain from them.

The seeding system meant we were always going to be 2nd favourites whoever we played so on that basis I'd much rather play Burnley than some mid table moderately supported Premiership side with no glamour factor that we'd have even less chance of beating and still wouldn't make any money out of.

Of course Burnley are more likely to win but I'd say this one is more winnable than most of the potential ties we could have got thanks to the seeding. Despite what the scoreline would suggest I thought we were very unlucky to lose there last year.

Plus it's local which is handy on a week night and I thought the atmosphere in our end at Turf Moor last season was absolutely fantastic.

All things considered I'm relatively pleased with the draw.

Edited by M_OAFC

I'm quite shocked at the reaction to that draw. I wasn't expecting any wow factor but I don't think it's too bad.

We aren't going to win the Carling Cup and so we all know that for clubs at our level it's about hoping to make some money and get a glamour day out for the players and fans.

Well frankly I don't think you're going to get that from any of the sides that enter at this stage. You've got to get to Round 3 before opponents of that ilk are in the hat so for me the first 2 rounds are all about just getting through, other than that there is little or nothing to gain from them.

The seeding system meant we were always going to be 2nd favourites whoever we played so on that basis I'd much rather play Burnley than some mid table moderately supported Premiership side with no glamour factor that we'd have even less chance of beating and still wouldn't make any money out of.

Of course Burnley are more likely to win but I'd say this one is more winnable than most of the potential ties we could have got thanks to the seeding. Despite what the scoreline would suggest I thought we were very unlucky to lose there last year.

Plus it's local which is handy on a week night and I thought the atmosphere in our end at Turf Moor last season was absolutely fantastic.

I thought Shez had written that for a moment. Well said!

I thought Shez had written that for a moment. Well said!

Any local derby is a good draw - would have been better at home though.

Leeds are going to Brighton , long way home from somewhere like that if you get beat !!!

Edited by losesome

Leeds are going to Brighton , long way home from somewhere like that if you get beat !!!

Leeds are at home to Palace. Brighton are at home to Man City, whose tie will be played later as City is trying to qualify for UEFA Cup.

For possible TV coverage, I'd say:

Hartlepool vs West Brom

Forest vs Sunderland

Cheltenham Town vs Stoke City

Brighton vs Man City (week later)

Edited by Fyldelatic

No, not having this. It'll be a crap crowd. Ours won't be bothered - we might take 1500. They'll roll up 5000. It'll be a tenner a shot. Minus the fuzz, we'll be lucky to take a few grand from the game. Absolutely awful draw.

If you think there were no good draws, look at the ball before Burnley. Very few worse ties than this one out there.

Not sure we were unlucky to lose there last season. They just had better players than us.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Yeah spare a thought for the poor sods travelling from yeovil to middlesbrough :shock:

Having said Beyond The Boundary got it right: "Things to look out for in Burnley: Civilisation. The odd witch burning."