Manchester Senior Cup

We beat Man. City 3-2 goals from Ryan Brooke, Dean Smalley and JP Kalala, 3-0 up at half-time and City got 2 goals in the last 10 minutes or so.

Nice One!

Smalley really pushing for the first team!

Kalala comes up with the goods again.

How did Kieron Lee play

Lee had a steady game. But if he was part of the first team he would look far better. Very able on the ball. Fleming had a good game. For me, he is better than Crossley but we are waiting for Crossley to cock up before he gets his chance.

Stephens looks class.

Stam was solid.

Thompson was good.

Black was very good till he left the field with concusion.

All in all a very good first game for the stiffs. But they need to be in a league.

Lee had a steady game. But if he was part of the first team he would look far better. Very able on the ball. Fleming had a good game. For me, he is better than Crossley but we are waiting for Crossley to cock up before he gets his chance.

Some might say Crossley has already cocked up against Millwall.

Never ever been to a reserve game....that is 'superfan' stuff ...how many spectators do you normally get at BP for a reserve game ?

Not that many get down to the stiffs. Depends on afternoon or evening kick off's. Last night saw more than normal with a few coming from City, at a guess I'd say 350 last night.

Latics played some good football in patches. In fact the second goal would take some licking all season in terms of build up play in midfield creating the wide left hand side opening for a great, firm low cross across the box where Smalley running onto it with the City back line having to face it's own net, met it mid goal about 12 yards out to crisply first time thump it into the bottom left hand corner. Great goal all round. Both Stevens and Lee have got it in their lockers to play the midfield role of recieve and move the ball on keeping a move going but on occasion choose the wrong option. This you feel will be improved upon with coaching cause the ability is there. JP did ok but the decision as been made so I want him out asap now. Fleming looks ok too. In truth City for me did enough to warrant a draw and at 3-0 it flattered Latics some what and these were City Kids, not a one near the first 11. Big Joe was in attendance as was Cassells.

i really think we should keep jp.k at the moment he is showing what he can do

No chance, why do we need a 17th choice central midfielder when we could use his wage on a Left-back?

Sounds as if the stiffs put in a good showing, not bad when you can actually play a reserve side rather than an u-15's team! (and a decent ressie team at that!)

How did Kieron Lee play

I thought Lee was off the pace again and Stephens disappointed me with some casual play.

Kalala was the pick of the midfield, but none looked as good as Manchester City's industrious 18 year old Adam Clayton.

Snap him up Latics.

Edited by BP1960

I thought Lee was off the pace again and Stephens disappointed me with some casual play.

Kalala was the pick of the midfield, but none looked as good as Manchester City's industrious 18 year old Adam Clayton.

Snap him up Latics.

Was he No.6?

Was he No.6?

a mate of mine went and he said lee did ok but still lacking match fitness and practice....but did say he could be our left back problem sorted.

i think kalala is trying to impress,but its done and dusted as far as the club are concerned,shez would like his wages for another player.

a mate of mine went and he said lee did ok but still lacking match fitness and practice....but did say he could be our left back problem sorted.

i think kalala is trying to impress,but its done and dusted as far as the club are concerned,shez would like his wages for another player.

Black was at left back and played very well.

Lee is a bit on the short side. Showed some neat touches but still looked a little off the pace at times.

Stephens looks class.

Stam was solid.

Thompson was good.

Black was very good till he left the field with concusion.

All in all a very good first game for the stiffs. But they need to be in a league.

QUOTE(BP1960 @ Aug 21 2008, 10:56 AM)

Snap him up Latics.

Its amazing how 2 views can differ

QUOTE(BP1960 @ Aug 21 2008, 10:56 AM)

Snap him up Latics.

Its amazing how 2 views can differ

i half agree about lee,for the first 25 mins he was excellent then started to look a bit tired,not surprising though he was making good runs but the ball wasn,t getting to him and you could see his frustration,but he definately looked sharper than he did at ashton,my worry is he needs games but where will he get them

Yes, Adam Clayton was Manchester City's number 6, one to watch IMO.

He would certainly play with Pride and Desire. If we still haven't found what we're looking for by New Years Day then we should give him a chance In God's Country

Guest oa_exile
He would certainly play with Pride and Desire. If we still haven't found what we're looking for by New Years Day then we should give him a chance In God's Country

Right Bono :lol:

Edited by oa_exile