It wouldn't happen there

The CEO of Sainsbury’s today spoke out following below expected sales figures from the last week’s trading.

This just isn’t good enough, said Mr CEO, the public need to support us so that we can continue to stock the best products. For years, we accept that we have been stocking below standard goods but this year we have really pushed the boat out and are now stocking Heinz baked beans alongside our own brand variety. I was expecting this to lead to a significant increase in sales but we are now in our second week since we re-opened and still they are not coming. Unless we see an immediate improvement in profits, we will take the Heinz beans back off the shelf.

In an exclusive interview with a shopper outside Asda, we were told “I’d started to hear good things about Sainsbury’s but I am used to going to Asda. If Mr CEO takes the Heinz beans off the shelf, that doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to me, because I shop at Asda. I must admit, I did consider going to Sainsbury’s in the next few weeks as they are now stocking goods that I thought I might like, but hearing this, I don’t know what I’ll find when I get there, so I’ll probably stick to what I know”.

Leaving Sainsbury’s at lunchtime today, a shopper told us “This is very disappointing news. I’ve always shopped at Sainsbury’s and in the last couple of weeks it has been a very enjoyable experience. It would be terrible if we had to go back to those own brand beans again. I’ve told all my friends about how good it has become and it would be very sad if they followed by suggestion that they should try it for themselves, only to find that the quality had slipped again.”

The CEO of Sainsbury’s today spoke out following below expected sales figures from the last week’s trading.

This just isn’t good enough, said Mr CEO, the public need to support us so that we can continue to stock the best products. For years, we accept that we have been stocking below standard goods but this year we have really pushed the boat out and are now stocking Heinz baked beans alongside our own brand variety. I was expecting this to lead to a significant increase in sales but we are now in our second week since we re-opened and still they are not coming. Unless we see an immediate improvement in profits, we will take the Heinz beans back off the shelf.

In an exclusive interview with a shopper outside Asda, we were told “I’d started to hear good things about Sainsbury’s but I am used to going to Asda. If Mr CEO takes the Heinz beans off the shelf, that doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to me, because I shop at Asda. I must admit, I did consider going to Sainsbury’s in the next few weeks as they are now stocking goods that I thought I might like, but hearing this, I don’t know what I’ll find when I get there, so I’ll probably stick to what I know”.

Leaving Sainsbury’s at lunchtime today, a shopper told us “This is very disappointing news. I’ve always shopped at Sainsbury’s and in the last couple of weeks it has been a very enjoyable experience. It would be terrible if we had to go back to those own brand beans again. I’ve told all my friends about how good it has become and it would be very sad if they followed by suggestion that they should try it for themselves, only to find that the quality had slipped again.”

Sad bastard. Get your arse down to Boundary Park for 3PM on a Saturday! :lol:

I see what youv done here :lol:

Quality.

Its true aswell. He needs to sell us the goods rather than threaten to take them away from us. The attendance has been poor but what do you expect?

Look at Hull for example, they had simular attendances to us. Then they moved into their new stadium and the attendance quadrupled.

Now there in the prem.

Put the money in (done), sell us the goods and wait for the crowds to come in.

Its not going to happen over night. If we keep what we have then by Xmas they crowds will be up.

Have full respect for Corney but think he has gone the wrong way about this.

In an exclusive interview with a shopper outside Asda, we were told “I’d started to hear good things about Sainsbury’s but I am used to going to Asda. If Mr CEO takes the Heinz beans off the shelf, that doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to me, because I shop at Asda.

And the "analogy" falls apart. How many Asda (aka Dale,Bury,Manure,Massive,Stockport) fans were going to turn up? Was the message even aimed at them? No

Guest oa_exile
Funnily enough I think most arses were grumbling after a dodgy Carlsberg aswell. Me thinks Im lucky drinking ye olde Bitter.

That reminds me of a saying :

If you think the bottom is falling out of your World , then drink real ale and the World will be falling out of your bottom :surrender:

There is another analogy here, though slightly more political than I am intending. So ignore the political parties involved.

The Government has held out there may be a suspension of the Stamp Duty, but will neither confirm nor deny it.

Result, most people agree the this has helped freeze the housing market as they wait to see what happens.

Best of intentions, help people trapped, but result is nto what was desired.

I think this may happen to a certain extent with the floating fans, they may see who we sign, or who we let go,and wait and see if Latics form tails off (it has done previsouly!!)

A sustained run is all we really need.

There is another analogy here, though slightly more political than I am intending. So ignore the political parties involved.

The Government has held out there may be a suspension of the Stamp Duty, but will neither confirm nor deny it.

Result, most people agree the this has helped freeze the housing market as they wait to see what happens.

Best of intentions, help people trapped, but result is nto what was desired.

I think this may happen to a certain extent with the floating fans, they may see who we sign, or who we let go,and wait and see if Latics form tails off (it has done previsouly!!)

A sustained run is all we really need.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Bizarrely, the last few seasons have seen improving league position yet falling gates (top 10 twice, play offs once) and yet I suspect that had we seen mid table finshes the last 3 seasons, fans would be coming back quicker.

Effectively some may have been put off by false dawns (everton away vs hudds at home) and expect a lasting period of success. many of the (latics supporting) glory hunters watch sky and therefore do not percieve defeat, but whn they turn up to games and we lose, they are associated with that defeat. Whilst the regulars see this as something to fight against (as much as fans can) the GHs see it as a chance to walk away.

Unfortunately we have only the JPT at home to see us through the next few weeks, so the momentum may even be lost by then??