NFL - SUPERBOWL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest... Did you see the better side of the game tonight :)

Was a great game... Only thing that could of made it better if it went to over time... Which is truely nerve wrecking.... Like penalty shoot out

It was a great game...I don't think the body clock can deal with late nights for the NFL as well as the hockey...but I will keep for of an eye out for the Steelers and would probably be more inclined to watch the NFL if it was on.

Agreed, the owner shouldn't get the trophy.

'Winningest' is NOT a word!

It was a great game...I don't think the body clock can deal with late nights for the NFL as well as the hockey...but I will keep for of an eye out for the Steelers and would probably be more inclined to watch the NFL if it was on.

Agreed, the owner shouldn't get the trophy.

'Winningest' is NOT a word!

I always think if people give it a chance they will like it...

Its a great little sport...

Gutted I have to wait so long till the season starts again :( boo :censored:ing hoo....

Watched it at the Hard Rock Cafe in Manc, one of the best NFL games i have ever seen (but not as good as last years Superbowl ;) ).

For me, this game has confirmed that Ben Rothlisberger and Kurt Warner should both end up in the hall of fame.

Cant believe that last pass was ruled a fumble, and not even reviewed. A hail mary last play would have been interesting!

Atmosphere in the pub was buzzing, 50/50 split between fans (well quite a lot of Steelers fans, and everyone else rooting for the underdog). Id be sick if i was a Cardinals fan right now, so close and you never know when the chance will come again.

Rounded the night off with a 3am snowball fight round the centre of Manchester lol....roll on September, and hopefully a successful season for the New York Giants.

Incidentally, as oafc0000 said, he started rooting Giants in about 88...i started about 10 years ago, and the only reason is that they share colours with Latics. If you are looking for a team to follow, that is as good a reason as any!

I'd be sick if i was a Cardinals fan right now, so close and you never know when the chance will come again.

Nah, to use Rummy's way of thinking: Anything better than a 50-0 defeat (in any playoff game this season*) is a success.

As for Warners inclusion, you just need to look at the Superbowl records for quarterbacks, or one in particular:

Most yards passing in a Superbowl:

1. Kurt Warner (414)

2. Kurt Warner (377)

3. Kurt Warner (365)

4. Joe Montana, etc...

*This is generally any game.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Who do we all follow then?

I'm a whodat! - New Orleans Saints fan....

What a game last nite, great coverage for the end-to-end pick TD, absolutely great coverage. However, the "Rouging the Holder" and "Roughing the Passer" calls were way out to give the Steelers an edge when the Cards D where clearly commited.

Fitz is class, but the concentration and control by Santonio Holmes to collect and hold tiptoe whilst under great pressure in the endzone was immense.

I just about managed to stay awake till the finnish and was regretting it at half 6 this morning when my alarm went off! One of the best finnishes to a game iv seen and was worthy of being the superbowl.

The Steelers were obviously the favourites going into the game and probably did just enough to win. You have to give it to Arizona though because at times they made the steelers defence look ordinary. Only if they didnt give away so many penaltys it could very well of been a different outcome. Its a shame that Boldin looks to be of this summer because him and Fitzgerald are by far the best 1-2 receiver combination in the league.

Anyway another season over and now looking forward to free agency and the draft in april. only another 8 months to wait!!

I just about managed to stay awake till the finnish and was regretting it at half 6 this morning when my alarm went off!

Agree with you there Shaggs, I was like a zombie at half six but I would not have missed that game for anything, AWESOME

Kinda feel sorry for the Cardinals, they did a superb job considering they finished the regular season 9-7.

Role on next season, lets hope its a Cowboys strole in the park, then again its only five weeks until F1 is back AND on the beeb (yee-har)

I just about managed to stay awake till the finnish and was regretting it at half 6 this morning when my alarm went off! One of the best finnishes to a game iv seen and was worthy of being the superbowl.

The Steelers were obviously the favourites going into the game and probably did just enough to win. You have to give it to Arizona though because at times they made the steelers defence look ordinary. Only if they didnt give away so many penaltys it could very well of been a different outcome. Its a shame that Boldin looks to be of this summer because him and Fitzgerald are by far the best 1-2 receiver combination in the league.

Anyway another season over and now looking forward to free agency and the draft in april. only another 8 months to wait!!

I think your right, the Steelers were just that bit better. Overall as well, I think the seasons best team has won the league. They had the toughest schedule since the merger, and managed to come through as number 2 seed, which is pretty impressive.

I hope Warner plays on for another season and the Cardinals kick on from here. Would be a shame for Fitzgerald to lose such a good QB, and for them to go back to how they usually are.

Lets not, i couldnt think of anything worse! :D

How very dare you Mr Ragg :lol:

As a Cowboy for over 20 years its about time we deliver once more, our recent play-off form (when we get there!!!) is on a par with our beloved Tics.

Hopefully Mr Romo can leave that bit of Simpson fluff alone for long enough to realise that he has the potential to be the next Marino, Manning etc

Here's to next season and my only wish is that the Cowboys fare better than my good mates:-

The Dolphins - Harry Dowds Green Shirt's team

The Broncos - Nava's team

The Bears - Neil Adams Headbands's team

The Eagles - El Tel (from our works) team

How very dare you Mr Ragg :lol:

As a Cowboy for over 20 years its about time we deliver once more, our recent play-off form (when we get there!!!) is on a par with our beloved Tics.

Hopefully Mr Romo can leave that bit of Simpson fluff alone for long enough to realise that he has the potential to be the next Marino, Manning etc

Here's to next season and my only wish is that the Cowboys fare better than my good mates:-

The Dolphins - Harry Dowds Green Shirt's team

The Broncos - Nava's team

The Bears - Neil Adams Headbands's team

The Eagles - El Tel (from our works) team

Patriots Bucs sold out already. Come on England's team.

They reckon that London may have a franchise within 10 years. Does anyone else think it will be a flop?

Patriots Bucs sold out already. Come on England's team.

They reckon that London may have a franchise within 10 years. Does anyone else think it will be a flop?

In th UK I do, Monarchs and Claymores are evidence of that. If there is going to be a European side, surely it must be in Germany? NFL Europa saw some success with Galaxy with themselves being the only side to make it from start to finish...