Ronnies in not having (too much) of a dig at Oldham Shocker

He's gone very positive about shez, hasn't done his usual "I saved Oldham don't ya know" speech and even has only a sarcastic if not slightly humerous pop at the fans stating "we get on well me and their supporters".

Has Mr Moore learn't his lesson. Looks like for once Shez will actually have to give a pre-match motivational talk. They have got a load of youngsters at the back though so hopefully we will able to do some damage.

Don't like this new look Ronnie, perhaps he's been in rehab.

Ronnie on the happy baccie????

Edited by jimsleftfoot

To be fair though - there will be a lot of people that will be having a go at him.

What do you want him to say? All managers say these kind of things, wind people up, get a reaction. IF he can make it more of a Moore vs Latics fans battle, it might be beneficial to his team? Personally I dont agree that it would, but it might.

He's gone very positive about shez, hasn't done his usual "I saved Oldham don't ya know" speech and even has only a sarcastic if not slightly humerous pop at the fans stating "we get on well me and their supporters".

Has Mr Moore learn't his lesson. Looks like for once Shez will actually have to give a pre-match motivational talk. They have got a load of youngsters at the back though so hopefully we will able to do some damage.

Don't like this new look Ronnie, perhaps he's been in rehab.

Ronnie on the happy baccie????

On that top photo, if it wasn;t for the tranmererovers sign, he could easily be mistaken for Dowie!!

He also said after the Northampton game that they passed the ball well. So, he's clearly a lying toss pot all round. They may have hoofed it well, but pass?

they probably did..

but did he specify how long and high the passes were

think the term bending the truth comes to mind here ;)

To be fair though - there will be a lot of people that will be having a go at him.

What do you want him to say? All managers say these kind of things, wind people up, get a reaction. IF he can make it more of a Moore vs Latics fans battle, it might be beneficial to his team? Personally I dont agree that it would, but it might.

Apart from Junior, I wouldn't have thought his team would be that arsed about beating us just because we don't like him. Loads of different players at both clubs since those days.

Edited by leeslover

"Luke (Waterfall" is just 18, he's six foot three and he's strong and powerful. He's the old fashioned type of centre half. Nowadays there's a lot who want to play, get on the ball and pass it. He's going to be the type who ends up with a lot of stitches because he's brave. He puts his head in where it hurts. He will score goals at this level as well."

HOOF :wink:

Edited by Tactics

To be fair I think RM was just joshing when he said that you'll bring more just to abuse him.

Also Ronnie Moore has brought in some class youngsters this pre season including Luke Waterfall and Charlie Barnett and has finally given Curran his chance up front, so its a bit unfair to say he isnt trying the youngsters.

Guest oa_exile
and scholes and sinclair and taylor and allott and that keeper who went to everton whos name i cant recall and butt and the nevilles and need i go on?

Paul Gerrard , you can add that other goalie as well who went on to play for Scotland (Andy Goram) ...... the list is actually endless

'we finished 10th their best finish in the previous 8 years'

Now im sure we were in 6th in 02/03??!!

seems moore has to bring up this lie every time we play them to try and justify himself as being good when he was actually :censored:e. god i hate that stubborn arrogant scouse :censored:

'we finished 10th their best finish in the previous 8 years'

Now im sure we were in 6th in 02/03??!!

seems moore has to bring up this lie every time we play them to try and justify himself as being good when he was actually :censored:e. god i hate that stubborn arrogant scouse :censored:

its all gamesmanship......people just dont actually realise that ronald moore....is a FOOTBALL GENIOUS.

make sure you get your match neck brace before going through the turnstlyes.

Talking about 18 year old Luke Waterfall (the flooding is all his fault!) Ronnie said:

“Waterfall is a big strong boy who is going to get better. These days you see a lot of centre-backs who like to get on the ball and pass it. They are too pretty. Luke is going to end up with cuts over the eye and maybe a broken nose because he is a brave player. He put his head in where it hurts. That part of the game is disappearing.”

Keep hoofing it Luke!

Are we going to have abit of banter with him tomorrow because I think this whole thing has got boring now. Surely enough water has passed under the bridge with this guy now he came, he tried, it didnt work, out he moved, on so did we.

That said a few bevys down my kneck tomorrow Junior Moore scores and gestures at us and things could all quickly change :bounce::bounce::bounce: .

yes i agree it is a bit boring now, but its always good to ram that arrogant attitude down his throat with a win against them and his pre match tripe to wind us up always gets me going in giving him abuse. The sad thing his he just doesn't have a clue why we and mostly all tranny fans hate him, he thinks 'old methods worked once, they're bound to work again somewhere else' i.e HOOF - NO they wont ron!