Help well sorta info really...

... just off track slightly... but still one of my funniest memories at Leeds was when Mark almost got busted by the stewards and police for starting the "Zigga Zagga" chant....

... because they thought he was shouting "Zeig Heil Zieg Heil Athletic!"

:lol:

That reminds me of an expose the Sun tried doing on 'Far-right racist Millwall supporters' 3 or 4 seasons back. The black reporter attended a game against Brighton and was apparently sickened by hundreds of fans singing vile "ZEIG HEIL!" chants throughout the match. Not only did he get the team wrong because it wasn't Millwall fans at all but Brighton fans, and the vile chant they were singing was in fact an innocent "SEAGULLS!". The Sun then published a full apology for the mix up.

Hehe :grin:

Funny day that - apart from the 6am start. I just remember you abusing all the ALF GARNETT Happy 'Ammers on every tube we seemed to be on. Think if we werent playing there enemies - then you'd have probably got a crack for the cheekiness. "do you remember when we absolutely panned you 6-0." - "whats that? cant hear you. 6-0 was it?" - "oh look, we think we've won the title.........oh dear. Oldham have equalised against wednesday in the last minute." :lol::lol:

Think you were on a roll that day. Even got a tad lippy despite being surrounded by hundreds of Millwall banging on the tube windows - telling some of them that they were crap and we deserved at least a draw. :unsure: Could of been worse though - the other lot who went down got asked by a load of cockneys where they were from. One of them bottled it and said Gillingham. LOL. Dont think he'll ever live that down.

Still have no idea how I managed to walk down the walkway and order under 18s tickets whilst suppin that crap german lager you'd decided to buy from an offy.

Shame it was all for a crap 10 defeat with Maheta Molango upfront :blink:

He is Andy from Crewe.

Others have become disgruntled when they attempted the chant at BP and many fans would not join in unless Andy started it. In the RRE on Tuesday it was started by a very young voice, but I joined in, as I do at away matches. At home it is a Chaddy tradition and Andy is the master. :zigga:

At away games Markoasis or Latics & England start it in slightly different keys.

I heard the same thing (maybe it was from the same person) about the BP zigga zagga and no offense to the bloke but why should someone who doesn't go to away games get to start a chant and only have the same chant sung when he starts it (not like everyone doesn't know the words- and some people would have the bottle to start it- including me). Since I had never seen him until the last home game (sat just behind and to the right of him- think you can make him out on some of the pics on the official site- he's sat down) I had always slightly wondered what he looked like. I'd also like to point out Sheridan's world has started some (I think) away from home but think Mark Oasis starts more and whoeever it was on here that had obviously partaken at Brighton last year had a good go too.

Snook deffo does a mean Zigga Zagga, but only away.

Hola from Marbella guys!

I certainly do enjoy a ZZ at away games. Rarely at home, mainly due to sitting in the Lookers lower for the last 10 years! Although I did chuck one out against Millwall ( A ZZ that is!!).

Whilst I'll agree Oaf has tradition on his side and is indeed "Zigga Zagga Man", mine are infinitley louder!

I hate it when some little herbert squeeks away trying to do one though, I cringe when they're not done properly.....

Edited by Snookmeister

I heard the same thing (maybe it was from the same person) about the BP zigga zagga and no offense to the bloke but why should someone who doesn't go to away games get to start a chant and only have the same chant sung when he starts it (not like everyone doesn't know the words- and some people would have the bottle to start it- including me). Since I had never seen him until the last home game (sat just behind and to the right of him- think you can make him out on some of the pics on the official site- he's sat down) I had always slightly wondered what he looked like. I'd also like to point out Sheridan's world has started some (I think) away from home but think Mark Oasis starts more and whoeever it was on here that had obviously partaken at Brighton last year had a good go too.

Andy from Crewe starts the chant at home and has done for years, so he has become established as the chanter. Why should he start it at home when he doesn't go away is nothing to do with the Chaddy tradition. It's like saying why should fans who don't go in the Chaddy start the chant at away games or in the RRE? Those who have been miffed at the 'choir' not joining in when they've started it, take their opportunity to start it at away games.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who starts it home or away, but traditionally the best response comes when Andy starts it.

Andy from Crewe starts the chant at home and has done for years, so he has become established as the chanter. Why should he start it at home when he doesn't go away is nothing to do with the Chaddy tradition. It's like saying why should fans who don't go in the Chaddy start the chant at away games or in the RRE? Those who have been miffed at the 'choir' not joining in when they've started it, take their opportunity to start it at away games.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who starts it home or away, but traditionally the best response comes when Andy starts it.

Fair enough I can see where your coming from and its good to have it pointed out that he is the recognised chanter (and has been for a few years). I don't have a problem with him starting the chant (he is good and gets the best response) I do have a problem with some of the (insert appropriate deorgatory name here) who react negatively to someone else starting the chant. After all we are all there to support the club and I'd think that if someone starts the chant (and people actually follow them) it gives better support than sitting in silence.

Think you were on a roll that day. Even got a tad lippy despite being surrounded by hundreds of Millwall banging on the tube windows - telling some of them that they were crap and we deserved at least a draw. :unsure: Could of been worse though - the other lot who went down got asked by a load of cockneys where they were from. One of them bottled it and said Gillingham. LOL. Dont think he'll ever live that down.

best of it was the story bout the megabus, and how it cost them over 50 each to go down one way! haha

Fair enough I can see where your coming from and its good to have it pointed out that he is the recognised chanter (and has been for a few years). I don't have a problem with him starting the chant (he is good and gets the best response) I do have a problem with some of the (insert appropriate deorgatory name here) who react negatively to someone else starting the chant. After all we are all there to support the club and I'd think that if someone starts the chant (and people actually follow them) it gives better support than sitting in silence.

Agree - most of us have a problem with that and you're correct about giving better support than sitting in silence, but I've been on about it for years and got nowhere so far. :disappointed:

aye, right ok................ well get a message to him to contact Lois in the club shop. He's about to become famous for 15 minutes. Or even a cat walk model!! Lois wants him to have his picture took with her new creation... the Scarf I posted about a while back....the one with the Latics songs along the edge. I've seen um and they look good...in fact I've purchased one today. I guess the picture will be used to promote um. Can you contact him for me and get him to buzz her.

They are available now are they?

It's all in the timing and how clear and loud you are when you do it! Wait for the right moment and bark it out nice and loud, and people will follow. I only tend to do it at away games because that's when I was most likely to get a response! It was never gonna happen in the Lookers lower!! I also only get to around 5-10 away games a season due to family commitments, but when I do, I like to give me lungs a good workout!! I've never had a poor response yet!

:zigga:

Are you going tomorrow Dan?

Hola from Marbella guys!

I certainly do enjoy a ZZ at away games. Rarely at home, mainly due to sitting in the Lookers lower for the last 10 years! Although I did chuck one out against Millwall ( A ZZ that is!!).

Whilst I'll agree Oaf has tradition on his side and is indeed "Zigga Zagga Man", mine are infinitley louder!

I hate it when some little herbert squeeks away trying to do one though, I cringe when they're not done properly.....

Hint hint!!! :wink:

Sorry Centurion.....missed that one, have a good one, Ibiza was good.

You just don't listen do you!!!!! Sorry mate, out here with the Mrs and the inlaws, so that's all I've been hearing!!

But I'll be there in spirit. Probably JD or maybe a cheeky B&C whilst I bake in the sun under a cloudless sky and listen to Latics World!!

Probably a good job though as I've been to PP 4 times and never seen us win there yet!!

Might even belt out a ZZ and confuse the locals........

Funny day that - apart from the 6am start. I just remember you abusing all the ALF GARNETT Happy 'Ammers on every tube we seemed to be on. Think if we werent playing there enemies - then you'd have probably got a crack for the cheekiness. "do you remember when we absolutely panned you 6-0." - "whats that? cant hear you. 6-0 was it?" - "oh look, we think we've won the title.........oh dear. Oldham have equalised against wednesday in the last minute." :lol::lol:

Still have no idea how I managed to walk down the walkway and order under 18s tickets whilst suppin that crap german lager you'd decided to buy from an offy.

Shame it was all for a crap 10 defeat with Maheta Molango upfront :blink:

I think the German lager was my doing. But FMS sure was pushing the boundaries with that toothless 50 year old Hammers fan on the Underground...

... just off track slightly... but still one of my funniest memories at Leeds was when Mark almost got busted by the stewards and police for starting the "Zigga Zagga" chant....

... because they thought he was shouting "Zeig Heil Zieg Heil Athletic!"

:lol:

Just back from three days in Berlin (i kid you not) ... did I miss anything?