My view is that the most worrying thing about this is that with more and more people starting to accept what happened as just "thats life" this will most likely encourage others to do the same to similar teams, which cannot be allowed to happen and is possibly the biggest fear here and so why theres a problem with m***s (anyone hear about the possibility of a team being taken over and being renamed harchester united after the tv show??)

Im sorry but i disagree with this idea that the wimbledon fans and club, like them or not, had it coming to them in terms of going bust from there own mismanagement/lack of help from local council and so cant be unhappy with what there is now, and seeing as they were on there last legs, lets go and give the club to a town that hasnt got a team! why the hell should this town over any other be given a football league team for the pure fact that they have never had league football. tough :censored:e i say!! for me a club should be able to fight for its survival or go bust yet this somehow meant they deserved to be stripped of its soul and shipped off miles away for a toy town, and rather than work for a league club from the bottom up decided to steal in on another clubs misfortune. Just goes to show the nature of Britain today when nobody is willing to work for anything anymore.

As for the m***s fans themselves, im sure there really nice folk and i wouldnt wish any harm on them but i find them really difficult to understand and justify themselves for allowing this to happen and actually taking part in it by supporting the team!!

:rant.sml: ahh thats feels better lol

Very well put. Warrington don't have a team and we have :censored: crowds. Could be a business idea?

A genuine idea - I wonder if we could sort out a charity pub day for when we are away at MK - Latics World on the broadcast, couple of quid apiece to the club to cover the LW piracy, donation to a worthwhile cause? I'd personally rather give my money to something like that than give it to that Spinal Tap dropout :censored:bag.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well put. Warrington don't have a team and we have :censored: crowds. Could be a business idea?

A genuine idea - I wonder if we could sort out a charity pub day for when we are away at MK - Latics World on the broadcast, couple of quid apiece to the club to cover the LW piracy, donation to a worthwhile cause? I'd personally rather give my money to something like that than give it to that Spinal Tap dropout :censored:bag.

Just all crowd round a speakerphone and me and JSS can give you running commentary.. :wink:

... be quite good, me & him and 2000 empty away fans seats! I also know someone who works there, so can probably get free tickets - hopefully that makes it less of a cardinal sin as I will be paying sod all to the winkleman empire... and still supporting th lads...

:lol:

Now theres an arguement bent about three times over and thrown back in a way no-one could possibly argue with....!!

As i say - i'm not the most informed on the old football politics that saw the MK Dongs come into being, who got promoted instead of Wimbledon? Or was that the season they just cut the teams in the Prem, or whatever? Who knows.... we have had fans on here saying that they wanted to go non-league and start from the bottom... anyway, not informed enough to comment on that....

The crux of my arguement is that Wimbledon were going out of existance anyway (and probably the way things were heading if they were about now they would be starting the seaosn on about -200 points), and it aint the MK Fans fault, nor is the fact they support the team plonked on their doorstep... and with that, i'm throwing myself overboard and getting out of here whilst I still have a life raft....

.... looking forward to the "I'm not going to Stadium MK thread" in a few months....

With all due respect BigFin, if you're not well versed in the politics and what went on down at Wimbledon, then it's probably wrong you speculating and basing your arguement on pure guesswork. And to say "Well, they were going to go bust anyway" is extremely narrow-minded, and above all disrespectful. I'd certainly put a wager on you losing your rag if other fans said that to us when we nearly went to the wall 4 years ago. "Why should I put my hand in my pocket... you're going to go bust anyway". Football's a family mate.

Wimbledon may not have gone to the wall like you say. OK, their natural level may have ended up being the 4th Division or even Conference, once they'd cut their cloth but I'm sure they would have still existed, perhaps still even groundsharing with someone like Woking or Brentford.

With all due respect BigFin, if you're not well versed in the politics and what went on down at Wimbledon, then it's probably wrong you speculating and basing your arguement on pure guesswork. And to say "Well, they were going to go bust anyway" is extremely narrow-minded, and above all disrespectful. I'd certainly put a wager on you losing your rag if other fans said that to us when we nearly went to the wall 4 years ago. "Why should I put my hand in my pocket... you're going to go bust anyway". Football's a family mate.

Wimbledon may not have gone to the wall like you say. OK, their natural level may have ended up being the 4th Division or even Conference, once they'd cut their cloth but I'm sure they would have still existed, perhaps still even groundsharing with someone like Woking or Brentford.

Perfectly respect that Frankly, hence why I admitted it... think there is a bit of a difference though between a club which is utterly unsustainable (no ground, no fans etc) and someone who has been frigged over and needs some realistic investment... you are right though, and not gonna stick my head out much more... what makes me think though, is when in a couple of season and AFC Wimbledon are in the conference or 4th division, with great finances and a new fan-base based on winning, and a stable foundation, wonder what the old fans of Wimbledon would have prferred - to go into freefall and claw onto existance, or start from the bottom and work up. There will be a lot of painful memories - however i'm sure they would admit the future is much more rosy...

I think it all stems down to the fact that i have supported a couple of teams (in other sports) that were essentially franchise/expansion teams... it is the most pathetic and condescending thing ever to be told that your opinion/support of the team/sport is not worthwhile as you are 'new' and therfore you are not worth of the support you give to the team (which frequently has more money than its peers)...

There are now some very passionate MK Dons fans out there i'm sure, who contribute as much to this football 'family' as we do... its a circular arguement with the context of the wimbledon fans we lost, however again they are not to be blamed....

Just all crowd round a speakerphone and me and JSS can give you running commentary.. :wink:

... be quite good, me & him and 2000 empty away fans seats! I also know someone who works there, so can probably get free tickets - hopefully that makes it less of a cardinal sin as I will be paying sod all to the winkleman empire... and still supporting th lads...

Well I'm not sitting next to you.

:grin:

My view is that the most worrying thing about this is that with more and more people starting to accept what happened as just "thats life" this will most likely encourage others to do the same to similar teams, which cannot be allowed to happen and is possibly the biggest fear here and so why theres a problem with m***s (anyone hear about the possibility of a team being taken over and being renamed harchester united after the tv show??)

I agree that MKDons should never have happened but its systematic of a much bigger problem... the FA. People have been thinking "thats life" since 1992. They have complained about the bad parts of the Premiership but have welcome the so called benefits with open arms. Especially the sky sports subscriptions. Our national game is then sold down the river. How do we counter this? we boycott a league 1 game.... but still pay our sky sports subscriptions???

As for the m***s fans themselves, im sure there really nice folk and i wouldnt wish any harm on them but i find them really difficult to understand and justify themselves for allowing this to happen and actually taking part in it by supporting the team!!

You're not putting yourselves in their shoes then. It's an investment into their area and into their lives. Just like the arab investment into City, you can pick holes in it and say why they shouldn't except it, but few will turn the chance down.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I agree that MKDons should never have happened but its systematic of a much bigger problem... the FA. People have been thinking "thats life" since 1992. They have complained about the bad parts of the Premiership but have welcome the so called benefits with open arms. Especially the sky sports subscriptions. Our national game is then sold down the river. How do we counter this? we boycott a league 1 game.... but still pay our sky sports subscriptions???

You're not putting yourselves in their shoes then. It's an investment into their area and into their lives. Just like the arab investment into City, you can pick holes in it and say why they shouldn't except it, but few will turn the chance down.

i can honestly forsee the premier league getting so big and so greedy with the new influx of foreign owners,that it will break away from the fa at some point.

the fact that citys owners and chelsea for that matter could play behind closed doors and still make a profit,is a very worrying statistic as well....they could just turn round to fill the stadium offer season tickets for £50,the fans money is of little significance now,if that was to happen us and a hell of a lot of other clubs in this area would lose its fan base.

£345 to watch oldham or £50 to watch all the stars,it wouldnt be a hard decision for the apathetic public.

if this break away did occur then i would hope the fa had the balls to stand upto it and introduce the 4 leagues again incorporating the top non league league and thus giving something back to the fans so to speak,and maybe just maybe that would go some way to appeasing the general football family who believe the fa and fl are spineless puppets for the greedy boys.

also maybe incorporate the jocks in some way.

i can honestly forsee the premier league getting so big and so greedy with the new influx of foreign owners,that it will break away from the fa at some point.

the fact that citys owners and chelsea for that matter could play behind closed doors and still make a profit,is a very worrying statistic as well....they could just turn round to fill the stadium offer season tickets for £50,the fans money is of little significance now,if that was to happen us and a hell of a lot of other clubs in this area would lose its fan base.

But, if they did that do you really think they'd stick around in this Country? Manchester City you can nigh on gaurantee will be off to the UEA (University of East Anglia?) UAE to play. They want to advertise their Country. Half a dozen will bob off to the US, another half dozen to the Far East.

I suspect this is pretty near to happening. How many is it they need to pass any vote? 16 is it? Or is it less? Well they are at least half way to that.

Why stick around in Manchester/Newcastle/London when you can make so much more elsewhere?

But, if they did that do you really think they'd stick around in this Country? Manchester City you can nigh on gaurantee will be off to the UEA (University of East Anglia?) UAE to play. They want to advertise their Country. Half a dozen will bob off to the US, another half dozen to the Far East.

I suspect this is pretty near to happening. How many is it they need to pass any vote? 16 is it? Or is it less? Well they are at least half way to that.

Why stick around in Manchester/Newcastle/London when you can make so much more elsewhere?

I can see this in some format eventually happening. The suggestion of a 39th game was a test of the water. It'll be back in some format or other.

I suppose, but yet milton keynes is hardly the third world is it, seeing as in terms of history compared to the rest of the towns and cities in this country, its brand new. As has been said by one of there fans, they were "willing to drop down the football leagues or even start up from the bottom which the fa wouldnt allow them to do" which if true and to show they were so willing to start from a lot lower down why not just start up a football team or support the one there was (milton keynes city i think??) instead of, when you look at it, cheating their way into a position in the football league at the expense of another league club. Im sorry but there fans must carry some, not much mind but some, of the blame along with all the other parites involved the fa/winkleman.

I suppose, but yet milton keynes is hardly the third world is it, seeing as in terms of history compared to the rest of the towns and cities in this country, its brand new. As has been said by one of there fans, they were "willing to drop down the football leagues or even start up from the bottom which the fa wouldnt allow them to do" which if true and to show they were so willing to start from a lot lower down why not just start up a football team or support the one there was (milton keynes city i think??) instead of, when you look at it, cheating their way into a position in the football league at the expense of another league club. Im sorry but there fans must carry some, not much mind but some, of the blame along with all the other parites involved the fa/winkleman.

They may carry burden just as City will have to face cries of "buying success" from ManUre but the choice is still a lot easier to make than some people think. Especially when they don't have their own team of any sort of stature. The whole point is that the people who are going to MKDongles aren't the sort who would support MK City or in the case of most of my mates who live in MK the Cobblers, they are basically new to football or expats from other towns who want to watch football. Thats why you can't blame them and why you can't expect them to have the same ideals as us who believe strongly MKdoobies shouldn't have come about.

Yeah its not the third world, it has an awful lot of investment, but it is also the biggest town/city in the country until a few years ago not to have a professional football league club. At the end of the day we only get 4000 odd home fans but if we were in the prem we will probably get another 7,000 - 10,000 + . All these extra people are only doing what MK fans are doing, going when the situation suits them and the same can be said of many "supporters" in this country.

I can see this in some format eventually happening. The suggestion of a 39th game was a test of the water. It'll be back in some format or other.

If the Dubai lot get there hands on Liverpool, I would expect a Abu Dhabi City V Dubai Pool.... sorry I mean a Manchester City V Liverpool game to feature in the UAE.

Interestingly enought the Arabs are setting up a Merchandising company called City Ltd or something, no mention of Manchester in it.

Aye fair enough, i can see where your coming from, for me its just it appears like they support what happened to wimbledon as they follow the dongs (and its easy to get this assumption) yet from how youve put it you can imagine there fans are probably more as you described and not having fully the same ideals as me and you about how football should be etc, etc. as if they did it probably would have been blocked by the very same people.

I remember that Milton Keynes City had a team in the Southern League in the early ninties which folded after a couple of years and crowds of 250 where was the 10000 then ???

MK City folded after Franchise FC moved to the city as they lost all support. They probably realised it was pointless them even bothering, as you dont have to earn a football league place....in fact, if Milton Keynes was to be handed a league place on a platter why did the undeserving MK City not get given it?

So what is coming out of this is the fans are either wrong in the extreme or are ignorant to the fact they are wrong in the extreme?

Sadly, it appears a large percentage have accepted this 'team' as legitimate. I won't count a single result involving them as fact.

BTW congratulations to Grimsby on winning the LDV. Even though that is the second most :censored: thing in football to this bunch.

So what is coming out of this is the fans are either wrong in the extreme or are ignorant to the fact they are wrong in the extreme?

Sadly, it appears a large percentage have accepted this 'team' as legitimate. I won't count a single result involving them as fact.

BTW congratulations to Grimsby on winning the LDV. Even though that is the second most :censored: thing in football to this bunch.

I don't accept them as a good thing but I don't accept them as the problem. The FA is the problem, the government is the problem, the premiergreed is the problem, MKwadabawabwabs is merely the result of the problem.

So I say again, boycotting a league 1 match, whats it gonna change?