I've had posts removed form the BBC message board of MK Dons for having a go at their origins, the way the club was formed should never be forgotton - I hate the club and all the connotations that come with it, I can't understand how grown men can have any real affinity to a man made experiment that has not been passed on or had time to become inbedded, Know this opens a whole new debate but i personally intend to give them alot of stick come saturday (whilst seated), does anyone think it's time to forget or do they still deserve all the critiscm - There is no argument that it's not the fans fault they chose to support MK Franchise with all the facts...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a football club is defined by its history, relationship with its local area, and its generations of fans.

MK Dons have none of this. It has no definition, it has no soul.

The good news is that AFC Wimbledon have started like a house on fire and could be playing in the Conference Premier next season.

the funny thing is, i dont have a problem with the fans... just imagine, its 1895, u live in oldham and a football club springs up in your area. if you like the game you'll go and have a nosey, and a support will be cultivated. Fair play to them, i couldnt imagine going all them years without a local club.

The real villain in the piece is pete winkleman, he ripped the soul out of a football club, so the abuse should be in his direction :violent111::stretcher: *

*i do not condone violence towards football club chairman....**

**MK Dons are not a real football club :grin:

the funny thing is, i dont have a problem with the fans... just imagine, its 1895, u live in oldham and a football club springs up in your area. if you like the game you'll go and have a nosey, and a support will be cultivated. Fair play to them, i couldnt imagine going all them years without a local club.

The real villain in the piece is pete winkleman, he ripped the soul out of a football club, so the abuse should be in his direction :violent111::stretcher: *

*i do not condone violence towards football club chairman....**

**MK Dons are not a real football club :grin:

Most places below a certain size outside the Northwest don't have a team in the Football League. Even in our region lots of people choose to go and follow teams below our level, and lots of the "new" fans of Franchise were probably part time Spurs, Arsenal, even Northampton supporters as well as draining the local clubs trying to make something bigger of themselves. I'm love for us to attract more fans from the local competition both bigger and smaller, but never by buying the right to play at a level we never earned. I hate Wigan, but they have the right to be where they are, MK Dongs do not.

I wonder if the occasional chant of "you've got no history, you've got no history" will be heard?

They could be quite a physical team under Ince. Will be interesting to see how the new boss has them playing.

Think we will have to have some real orginal chants

They have heard them all before

I have a brother is a MK season ticket holder :angry: and coming with me on Sat

He has heard them all before and sort expects the same chants

I've had posts removed form the BBC message board of MK Dons for having a go at their origins, the way the club was formed should never be forgotton - I hate the club and all the connotations that come with it, I can't understand how grown men can have any real affinity to a man made experiment that has not been passed on or had time to become inbedded, Know this opens a whole new debate but i personally intend to give them alot of stick come saturday (whilst seated), does anyone think it's time to forget or do they still deserve all the critiscm - There is no argument that it's not the fans fault they chose to support MK Franchise with all the facts...

They are a blot on the football landscape and the only good thing that could happen would be that the experiment fails and they go out of business.

They stole a football club, which is unforgivable. MK does not deserve a football league team. If it did then Milton Keynes City would have been well supported and worked its way up through the non league.

The worst thing about it is that the FA letting Milton Keynes steal a club sets a very dangerous precedent.

I would go as far as saying I hate Franchise FC more than any other club (including M*n Un**d).

It's a big shame that Pete Winkleman moved the football club to MK, but really Wimbledon didn't deserve a football team....6k in the prem (even as low as 4k one night) is :censored:e.

As for all this tradition baloney, well Wimbledon had about as much tradition and history as Wigan.

Edited by Yard Dog

It's a big shame that Pete Winkleman moved the football club to MK, but really Wimbledon didn't deserve a football team....6k in the prem (even as low as 4k one night) is :censored:e.

As for all this tradition baloney, well Wimbledon had about as much tradition and history as Wigan.

Totally, totally missing the point. Wimbledon fluked it into the Premiership, but they did it by results. They would for sure have got relegated, and returned to whatever level they could stick at. "Tradition," isn't about having been at the top level for years, it's about what people have done over the decades to keep the club going, having their moments of relative glory and tragedy, and coming through the good times and the bad at whatever level they were at. Rochdale have a rich history, as do for example Southend. Thousands of fans' ancestors go into it.

Edited by leeslover

But Wimbledon and Wigan got to where they did/have on their own merits, not by stealing someone else's club. I wouldn't have anything against MK Dons if they had started on the bottom rung and worked their way up like everyone else. The fact that they were allowed to steal Wimbledon and take their place in the Football League is nothing other than an absolute disgrace.

I suppose your right....those few thousand Wimbledon fans who turned up every week deserved to have their club stolen from them. Actually, no, your wrong. Nobody, no matter how few of them, deserve to have their football club stolen from them.

Everyone as to start their history sometime.

Yes, and all but one club in the League pyramid started it from the bottom up. A lot of teams below MK have thousands of supporters and officials who have put a lifetime in. Justify them being below a parachuted establishment fronted by someone who wouldn't look out of place in the Funny Section at Man City.

Hi,

MK Dons fans here... popped in for advice on travel (see Travel -Trains Stations topic) but I probably ought to say something, though I don't have energy for an extend 'debate', so just a couple of comments.

- The saga of how we got to where we are now - MK Dons - is not straighforward. For example, Wimbledon were already in a bad way before Winkelman got involved. It really is not as simple to say that Winkelman stole the club. I'm sure it is very satisfying to have simplistic view that makes us the baddies and therefore allows you to hate us, but the reality if much more complicated.

- Milton Keynes is different from other towns. Like it or not (and of course you don't!) it is a New Town. It IS an 'artificial' town, but a real town none the less, with 200 000 people who have the same needs and desires as anyone anywhere else. Being a New Town lots of things have been done differently. It hasn't been possible to 'evolve' all structures, facilities, networks, of a traditional town - there hasn't been time. Things have had to be accelerated and 'imposed'.

And, as someone has already said, yes, we've heard it all before, so if you abuse us, please try to make it original!

Here's hoping for a good match on Saturday.

Dave

But Wimbledon and Wigan got to where they did/have on their own merits, not by stealing someone else's club. I wouldn't have anything against MK Dons if they had started on the bottom rung and worked their way up like everyone else. The fact that they were allowed to steal Wimbledon and take their place in the Football League is nothing other than an absolute disgrace.

That maybe so but they are here now .......... don't understand a comments about 'what stick' they are going to sing to the MK fans, it's pathetic. No doubt the club are in for a rough time again in the RRE and for what.

To be honest I don't care for the history of MK Dons .. all I'm bothered about is my team.

Hi,

MK Dons fans here... popped in for advice on travel (see Travel -Trains Stations topic) but I probably ought to say something, though I don't have energy for an extend 'debate', so just a couple of comments.

- The saga of how we got to where we are now - MK Dons - is not straighforward. For example, Wimbledon were already in a bad way before Winkelman got involved. It really is not as simple to say that Winkelman stole the club. I'm sure it is very satisfying to have simplistic view that makes us the baddies and therefore allows you to hate us, but the reality if much more complicated.

- Milton Keynes is different from other towns. Like it or not (and of course you don't!) it is a New Town. It IS an 'artificial' town, but a real town none the less, with 200 000 people who have the same needs and desires as anyone anywhere else. Being a New Town lots of things have been done differently. It hasn't been possible to 'evolve' all structures, facilities, networks, of a traditional town - there hasn't been time. Things have had to be accelerated and 'imposed'.

And, as someone has already said, yes, we've heard it all before, so if you abuse us, please try to make it original!

Here's hoping for a good match on Saturday.

Dave

Worst excuse I've ever heard. Well done.

Towns don't NEED a town in the upper Leagues. They EARN them. There is no need for everyone else to accommodate your, "special needs," you can just do as lots of other large towns do and support lower league teams, or get a train. Or - now think about this... it's a real biggy - why not continue to support the team you did before you moved to MK? Or the one your dad did?

Or - now think about this... it's a real biggy - why not continue to support the team you did before you moved to MK? Or the one your dad did?

Well, for a while I took my sons on the occasional trip to Anfield. But, my sons were born in MK and actually, from their perspective, Liverpool is a long way away. They even have southern accents (that's hard to live with!). Milton Keynes is their home and the Dons their team.

Well, for a while I took my sons on the occasional trip to Anfield. But, my sons were born in MK and actually, from their perspective, Liverpool is a long way away. They even have southern accents (that's hard to live with!). Milton Keynes is their home and the Dons their team.

Not for me to tell you how to raise your children, but I can appreciate that as an Exile you realise that you won't be able to make Scousers of them. I'm surprised though that given the long family tradition that makes Anfield what it is, you would be happy for you kids to adopt some soulless sinister anti-football club like Franchise, which is the enemy of everything that everyone who stood on the Anfield terraces for generations believed in. I suppose that drive to Luton, or Rushden, or Northampton, or Oxford, or Stevenage, just within about 15 miles, would have been to much to show them what a real football club with roots is about.

So what if they were in a bad way? If Latics were in a bad way, Id rather we died trying to survive in Oldham, than moved to another town and let another town steal our place (and another deserving clubs place) in the league.

The real villain in the piece is pete winkleman, he ripped the soul out of a football club, so the abuse should be in his direction

I'd agree on the villain tag, although the heart and soul of Wimbledon was already dead, he just exploited a league loophole that allowed him to transplant the team. We all cherish the league(s) we've been part of for the last 100+ years and we're proud of how it's set up in a fair way so that all teams have the chance to progress if they're capable. MK Dons skipped all that and even in their first few years of existence still listed the FA Cup in 88 as one of their honours until fairly recently

I for one look forward to the day when AFC Wimbledon rise to the ranks of league football once more. Yard Dog said in his post that they didnt deserve a team, but at the end of the day, they probably still are the greatest fairytale football team ever to exist(Non league to FA Cup winner in how many years?). Their achievements are exactly what we want(again) and most of the other lower league teams who struggle and work hard to attain.

I'd agree on the villain tag, although the heart and soul of Wimbledon was already dead, he just exploited a league loophole that allowed him to transplant the team. We all cherish the league(s) we've been part of for the last 100+ years and we're proud of how it's set up in a fair way so that all teams have the chance to progress if they're capable. MK Dons skipped all that and even in their first few years of existence still listed the FA Cup in 88 as one of their honours until fairly recently

I for one look forward to the day when AFC Wimbledon rise to the ranks of league football once more. Yard Dog said in his post that they didnt deserve a team, but at the end of the day, they probably still are the greatest fairytale football team ever to exist(Non league to FA Cup winner in how many years?). Their achievements are exactly what we want(again) and most of the other lower league teams who struggle and work hard to attain.

I, like almost everyone at the time bar a few London journos, hated Wimbledon for the talentless thugs they were, but I never thought they didn't deserve to be there. I hoped they'd go away, but via the medium of not getting enough points.