That just doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, I'm fick.

I agree, elements will get involved in ignorance, and I said it earlier on - there'll be the usual crowd giving it the lemon anyway - so it'll be business as usual in the Rocky this weekend.

But I hope that those who should know better, realise the fans are only supporting a team that's been given to them to support. Little Johnny has never heard of the Crazy Gang, or Dave Beasants FA Cup heroics - he supports MKD, hopes that'll they'll win and will hopefully go home happy with his Dad after the game.

The point I was making is that the earlier comparison didn't work, for the reason that there is nothing wrong with being Jewish - hey, some of my best friends charge usurious interest rates - whereas there actually is something wrong with being an MK Dons fan. I agree that Little Johnny doesn't need abusing, but I don't think they should be welcomed with open arms as if they were any other team. I hope the crowd behaviour improves regardless of that, we don't need incidents like against Morecambe whoever we were playing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, I'm fick.

I agree, elements will get involved in ignorance, and I said it earlier on - there'll be the usual crowd giving it the lemon anyway - so it'll be business as usual in the Rocky this weekend.

But I hope that those who should know better, realise the fans are only supporting a team that's been given to them to support. Little Johnny has never heard of the Crazy Gang, or Dave Beasants FA Cup heroics - he supports MKD, hopes that'll they'll win and will hopefully go home happy with his Dad after the game.

I'm not suggesting for one minute anyone directly attacks their fans, but they do have a choice in who they give their hard-earned to see, which therefore in my eyes doesn't make them complete innocents. They believe in no morals, nor have a concience and most of them over the age of 12 supported a football team before they came along which constantly begs the question "why now choose them?". So IMO they deserve every bit of abuse they get chucked at them, non-violent of course.

And the analagy of comparing BFS fans to Jews in 1930's Poland is a pretty disrespectful one, surely? To my knowledge, no-one's ever been murdered through supporting franchise football.

Little Johnny has never heard of the Crazy Gang, or Dave Beasants FA Cup heroics - he supports MKD, hopes that'll they'll win and will hopefully go home happy with his Dad after the game.

Nah. For Little Johnny to see his team fail miserably, go on a 30 game losing run and see multiple relegations resulting in Winkleman pulling out and chasing another 'dream' which finally sees the club liquidated. That'd be a far better scenario Rummy.

Then Little Johnny can go back to supporting (albeit through Rupert Murdoch) the team he supported prior to BFS. He'll be happy then.

all views on this are respectable, because there's many different perspectives to look at the situation from but i have to say mk dons are coca cola league 2 and johnstones paint trophy holders so they have been successfull so they shouldnt have to take too much criticism

:shock:

The point I was making is that the earlier comparison didn't work, for the reason that there is nothing wrong with being Jewish - hey, some of my best friends charge usurious interest rates - whereas there actually is something wrong with being an MK Dons fan. I agree that Little Johnny doesn't need abusing, but I don't think they should be welcomed with open arms as if they were any other team. I hope the crowd behaviour improves regardless of that, we don't need incidents like against Morecambe whoever we were playing.

I see now. Still, it's not the fans' fault. Maybe the MKD fans are just doing what footy fans do? And sure, I don't expect a brass band with bunting :lol:

I'm not suggesting for one minute anyone directly attacks their fans, but they do have a choice in who they give their hard-earned to see, which therefore in my eyes doesn't make them complete innocents. They believe in no morals, nor have a concience and most of them over the age of 12 supported a football team before they came along which constantly begs the question "why now choose them?". So IMO they deserve every bit of abuse they get chucked at them, non-violent of course.

And the analagy of comparing BFS fans to Jews in 1930's Poland is a pretty disrespectful one, surely? To my knowledge, no-one's ever been murdered through supporting franchise football.

I just don't see how the fans could've switched off to the move. I'm sure you can appreciate that the local kids must've got pretty excited knowing that they're going to have a local team in the Football League. Next thing, they're dragging their parents along to a nice new stadium and ironically the rest as they say, is history....

Its not a case of being an idiot about it but opinionated footy fans making feelings known, nowt wrong with that

The boundary is pretty hazy on that one...

Nah. For Little Johnny to see his team fail miserably, go on a 30 game losing run and see multiple relegations resulting in Winkleman pulling out and chasing another 'dream' which finally sees the club liquidated. That'd be a far better scenario Rummy.

:lol::grin: Yeah, I suppose so J!

Just leave the innocent supporters out of it, was the point I was making.

The last thing we need is more complaints from away fans.

They are not innocent supporters, With all other daft analogioes being used - a vegetarian wouldn't eat a piece of steak just because the cow had been hit by a bus, the fans went to watch this club, financially supported it after they knew the only reason they had it was down to some genuine football fans having it taken from them.... even after this time its not excusable

Will our pack animals turn on another innocent bunch of fans

In a word NO,because even if it is raining again they will have to PAY to get in.

So they will be spending their saturdays as usual smashing up bus shelters and phone boxes :)

REMEMBER MANCHESTER NORTH END - WOULD YOU RESPECT ANYONE WHO HAD FOLLOWED THAT CLUB IF IT HAD EVER HAPPEND

The thought of that name still makes me feel sick, any adult currently supporting MKD has no respect what so ever for what was achieved on a shoestring by the crazy gang, why support something that is not rightfully your to support? Didnt Winklemen want to take the club to Dublin as a base at first also, MK was just an after thought

The thought of that name still makes me feel sick, any adult currently supporting MKD has no respect what so ever for what was achieved on a shoestring by the crazy gang, why support something that is not rightfully your to support? Didnt Winklemen want to take the club to Dublin as a base at first also, MK was just an after thought

I actually think that Sam Hamman was responsible for the Dublin thing, because it was just before he sold up and left them. Winkleman came in and made it clear very early they wanted to move it lock, stock 80 miles away to Milton Keynes, change the badge, colours and identity and even had the neck to keep the name 'Dons'.

I think its fair to say for kids of 13-14 and younger then they're pretty innocent in all this. After all, they'll have little or no recollection of a football-less Milton Keynes, it's what they know. Anyone older than though, can surely be held to account in some way in all this because a> I would imagine that they make up the majority of the fanbase and b> if they really loved football and all its traditions and values then they'd think twice at putting their support behind such a move. But then again, I think if you choose to live in a soulless town like Milton Keynes in the first place then you hold minimum character, tradition and values as it is.

You really need to put yourself in the shoes of the old Wimbledon fans to get a handle on this properly. To watch the cheap success, cups and promotions with the franchisers using YOUR nickname, whilst you've been fighting through the long journey of the football pyramid for the best part of SEVEN years must be a horribly bitter pill to swallow. Just because it hasn't happened to our team shouldn't mean it should be justified or diluted down into an acceptable situation.

hi another mk dons fan here but origanly from wigan

im 16 years old and yes i think we should of started at the bottom of the league, for one i do feel sorry for the fans who go tthe clubed nicked from them,, but if you do look into it,,mk dons did try to start at the bottom but the fa wouldnt allow it,, we even asked to start in other leagues below league 2 but they wouldnt alow it for sum reason, i understand the history and the history that wimbledon and most clubs had and have as i love football as much as anyone, but you try paying £30 £40 evn sumtimes £80 for a train fair up to wigan pretty much every week, beacause i cant plus ticket,food etc,, im 16 no job and no school so 5 years ago i started to support dons and have had a season ticket since. Mk city for one we couldnt have as they where a private bussiness and as us looking for other clubs, luton for one,, even got told by the fa that they had to move to milton keynes or they would get chucked out of the league for what money problems they where in,, they even got told they wouldnt even be a club, but last min actions saw them get the money they need, but like i said i feel sorry for them and yes our fans understand the reasons why we shouldnt support dons, but i cant afford to make it back up north every week, though i would love to, im even struggling to go to away gams this year and i aint missed one in at least 3 years, but lookign forward to the match, and yes you dont have to read this as i susspect sum of you or most will disagree, anway well done for th eway you have started and gd luck for the rest of the season

im even struggling to go to away gams this year and i aint missed one in at least 3 years,

You've just epitomised exactly how little morals you have. Bleating on about how you can't afford to up to watch Wigan every other week, but you've not missed a Bastard Franchise Scum away game for 3 years and own a season ticket.

As priests of hypocrasy go, you're up there in the Archbishop Of Canturbury league.

im 16 years old and yes i think we should of started at the bottom of the league, for one i do feel sorry for the fans who go tthe clubed nicked from them,, but if you do look into it,,mk dons did try to start at the bottom but the fa wouldnt allow it,, we even asked to start in other leagues below league 2 but they wouldnt alow it for sum reason, i understand the history and the history that wimbledon and most clubs had and have as i love football as much as anyone, but you try paying £30 £40 evn sumtimes £80 for a train fair up to wigan pretty much every week, beacause i cant plus ticket,food etc,, im 16 no job and no school so 5 years ago i started to support dons and have had a season ticket since. Mk city for one we couldnt have as they where a private bussiness and as us looking for other clubs, luton for one,, even got told by the fa that they had to move to milton keynes or they would get chucked out of the league for what money problems they where in,, they even got told they wouldnt even be a club, but last min actions saw them get the money they need, but like i said i feel sorry for them and yes our fans understand the reasons why we shouldnt support dons, but i cant afford to make it back up north every week, though i would love to, im even struggling to go to away gams this year and i aint missed one in at least 3 years, but lookign forward to the match, and yes you dont have to read this as i susspect sum of you or most will disagree, anway well done for th eway you have started and gd luck for the rest of the season

I understand this pal - I understand you want to watch league football, Their are towns/city's as big as MK who dont have the oppurtunity due to the fact that their team has not progressed through the non-league system - It is not a god given right for a big city to have a league club and the fact is you shouldn't have been given the chance - Its not a character assasination of you mate but your chairman and Grown men thta grew up with Wimbledon existing as their own entity,

In all honesty i do hope your relegated aswell, enjoy the game and your long juourney home without any points

yes because i get help from my parents to pay £20 thats all it really cost for an away game maybe £30 now im 16 i cant,, even when i was stil in school and they helped pay they wasnt going to pay me nearly £70-£80 a week to go to watch wigan where they,, plus my season ticket was £50 for dons which my step day brought me and my uncle brought me this years one, so work out the sum of the money, cheaper to watch wigan or dons?

Welcome northern&proud. We're a very accepting community :unsure:

I'm at work and under the watchful eye of the boss so can't answer your comments in length...but one quick thing that does confuse me...how can you afford to see all the away games for the last three years, but not make it up to Wigan even just three or four times a season...or even just seeing them away in London or what have you? Surely seeing Wigan only play in the capital is just as cheap as following MKD all over the country...not to mention easier on your conscience :wink:

(I can't believe I'm encouraging someone to follow Wigan...)

You've just epitomised exactly how little morals you have. Bleating on about how you can't afford to up to watch Wigan every other week, but you've not missed a Bastard Franchise Scum away game for 3 years and own a season ticket.

As priests of hypocrasy go, you're up there in the Archbishop Of Canturbury league.

give it a rest it gets boring after a while.

people have a right to support whatever team they like regardless of geographical position and tradition.