Welcome northern&proud. We're a very accepting community :unsure:

I'm at work and under the watchful eye of the boss so can't answer your comments in length...but one quick thing that does confuse me...how can you afford to see all the away games for the last three years, but not make it up to Wigan even just three or four times a season...or even just seeing them away in London or what have you? Surely seeing Wigan only play in the capital is just as cheap as following MKD all over the country...not to mention easier on your conscience :wink:

(I can't believe I'm encouraging someone to follow Wigan...)

lol fair play, i have mate seen wigan play in london a few times, but even they its still way more than watching dons away, just to watch wigan play chelsea and arsenal cost me nealry £60 where dons away to accrington on a tuesday well was only £25 so it sums it up a bit, but thanks for your comment, and like i said, my parents didnt mind paying me £30-£40 even cheaper to watch dons play but higher than that to watch wigan they didnt accept much, speacailly now since being 16 from april and being on my own paying its been a pain but ive tried to make games

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes because i get help from my parents to pay £20 thats all it really cost for an away game maybe £30 now im 16 i cant,, even when i was stil in school and they helped pay they wasnt going to pay me nearly £70-£80 a week to go to watch wigan where they,, plus my season ticket was £50 for dons which my step day brought me and my uncle brought me this years one, so work out the sum of the money, cheaper to watch wigan or dons?

You went to school?

KtF,

Derek.

lol, my dads from scotland and my step dad form blackpool, also got sum from stoke so no lol :D

So, You have family from Blackpool and Stoke, come from Wigan and Support MK Dons... my god matey, you are either very brave or very silly coming on here! :wink:

To be honest, not got much bones with MK Dons, the FA say they can exist, so therebeit, eventually they will build up the fan-base, and that isnt a fans fault - you will never get me having a go at fans morals for supporting a local team... its the ethics of MK existing at all that is the problem...

Its a massive tangent, but I almost see it as similar to the Lee Hughes situation, oppo fans having a go at us for supporting this guy who should be in jail... fair enough, but we support him as he plays for our team - and this is seperate to the morals of whether he should be in jail or not... supporting MK dons is a seperate issue to whether they should exist or not in the same way....

However, how anyone has the ability to disown their local club just because they move away is beyond me .... it makes me shudder to even consider going supporting anyone other than Oldham... if I couldt afford to travel and support them the last thing I would do is go any watch another league side.... fanchise or not...

people have a right to support whatever team they like regardless of geographical position and tradition.

Do you honestly believe in that statement? You must love the way football is going in general at the moment then.

And it'd also be boring if you was YOUR club taken away from you, relocated in Workington and had millions of pounds ploughed into it, right? Still, as long as it doesn't ever happen to us, hey.

Guest oa_exile
oppo fans having a go at us for supporting this guy who should be in jail... fair enough, but we support him as he plays for our team

So you think that Hughsey should still be in Jail ? :blink:

Do you honestly believe in that statement? You must love the way football is going in general at the moment then.

And it'd also be boring if you was YOUR club taken away from you, relocated in Workington and had millions of pounds ploughed into it, right? Still, as long as it doesn't ever happen to us, hey.

Fine - but the point is that has nothing to do with the people of MK does it? Have a go at the chairman, the league, the FA whomever.... but not the fans, what are they supposed to do, still travel 100 miles to go and watch someone else, or support their local team - when previously they had been armchair Arsenal, man Yoo or liverpool fans...

The people of Mk have every right to support the dons, you are so right that the Wimbledon fans have been crapped upon from a great height - but that aint the MK Fans doing...

So you think that Hughsey should still be in Jail ?

whoa there exile, misreading my words and that is a whole new bunch of bananas... which is very old ground... I was putting it in context of what an opposition fan may think.... he is wrongly released, the dons wrongly in MK - both issues that has nothing to do with the fans themselves...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Fer Christ's sake! (Yes I know JC was a jew), the lack of sense, perception, irony and humour amongst some members is worrying!

Let me make it a little clearer to those who only have the ability to read between the lines;

The MK Dons situation absolutely DOES NOT compare to the holocaust. The analogy used was a lighthearted dig at those people who are prepared to spit venom at kids who have no concept of the political aspect of the team they have always supported.

I am as disgusted as the next man that MKD were allowed to do what they did, but I won't be accusing their fans of having no morals (Like some in this thread), as we've been down the 'No morals' road ourselves with the Hughes saga, and it aint warranted.

I've already stated that I hope visitors don't get put off coming to BP - banter will be great fun, coins and bottles won't.

I don't for one minute think there will be a repetition of the JPT game, as I think the decent fans were so incensed by it that they'll pretty much self-police it.

I do think some of the hatred is misplaced though - When a league team is dropped on your doorstep after having no football affinity previously it must be difficult not to want to go and have a peek at what it's all about, and then suddenly you're hooked.

For the record, I have no problem with Jews. My dentist is Showman's in Failsworth - and I occasionally let him near my gold crowns...

So, You have family from Blackpool and Stoke, come from Wigan and Support MK Dons... my god matey, you are either very brave or very silly coming on here! :wink:

To be honest, not got much bones with MK Dons, the FA say they can exist, so therebeit, eventually they will build up the fan-base, and that isnt a fans fault - you will never get me having a go at fans morals for supporting a local team... its the ethics of MK existing at all that is the problem...

Its a massive tangent, but I almost see it as similar to the Lee Hughes situation, oppo fans having a go at us for supporting this guy who should be in jail... fair enough, but we support him as he plays for our team - and this is seperate to the morals of whether he should be in jail or not... supporting MK dons is a seperate issue to whether they should exist or not in the same way....

However, how anyone has the ability to disown their local club just because they move away is beyond me .... it makes me shudder to even consider going supporting anyone other than Oldham... if I couldt afford to travel and support them the last thing I would do is go any watch another league side.... fanchise or not...

fair point pal,, stoke and blackpool to be honest i dont even think about,, and yer i see your point, and lee hughes, like i said to my mate i hate him from what hes done, and yes maybe he should still be in jail, but hes not hes playing for you lot as oldham gave him the 2nd chance, fair play to oldham really, plus hes a good player so i dont have the problem of him playing its justy what hes done and yer you put it in a good sentence there, but like is said i wont be having a go or abusing your fans because of hughes because whats the point, plus its got nowt to do with the fans,hes been out for a while now and hes got his feet back on the ground playing football so like i said fair play to oldham

yes i understand your point but when i moved i was like 10 or 11 and didnt understand why we where moving so far away and also whay i couldnt carry on watching wigan, even when dons came i didnt excatly understand the franchise stuff intill i where abit older, and i havent disowned them i still look out for them as much as i can and try and make them a few times a season

Edited by northern&proud

fair point pal,, stoke and blackpool to be honest i dont even think about,, and yer i see your point, and lee hughes, like i said to my mate i hate him from what hes done, and yes maybe he should still be in jail, but hes not hes playing for you lot as oldham gave him the 2nd chance, fair play to oldham really, plus hes a good player so i dont have the problem of him playing its justy what hes done and yer you put it in a good sentence there, but like is said i wont be having a go or abusing your fans because of hughes because whats the point hes been out for a while now and hes got his feet back ont he floor playing football so like is said fair play to oldham

yes i understand your point but when i moved i was like 10 or 11 and didnt understand why we where moving so far away and also whay i couldnt carry on watching wigan, even when dons came i didnt excatly understand the franchise stuff intill i where abit older, and i havent disowned them i still look out for them as much as i can and try and make them a few times a season

Fair enough matey.... sorry, forgot to add some cruicial words to my post...

However, how anyone has the ability to disown their local club just because they move away is beyond me except if that club is wigan, when you should be dancing a merry dance to be given the rightful opportunity to support someone other than the fake pie-eating latics.... it makes me shudder to even consider going supporting anyone other than Oldham... if I couldt afford to travel and support them the last thing I would do is go any watch another league side.... fanchise or not...

:wink:

the point is like big finn has said,vent your spleen at the fa and the fl and whoever owns mk dons,but not the fans.

and it did nearly happen to us didnt it,if the tta's hadnt come in where might we be now,ashton droylsden duckinfield middleton or miles away.

you have to face facts that football has changed dramatically since the invention of the premier league(which we voted for by the way) and that ever since the mass influx of money it will never be the same again.i predict within the next ten years the majority of football clubs will be franchised...what will you do then.

the only people who have a god given right to feel aggrevated and let down are the wimbledon fans,it was them that got shafted.

what it has to do with you directly is nothing.

what are they supposed to do, still travel 100 miles to go and watch someone else, or support their local team - when previously they had been armchair Arsenal, man Yoo or liverpool fans...

... Or go and watch Northampton, Luton, Watford, Peterborough...? All of which are in a fairly easy distance from Milton Keynes.

... Or realise they're leapfrogging everything that makes football good and decide to go and watch hockey instead. Oh, but that's not as 'cool' is it?

... Or actually support the teams they used to support before the franchise came on the scene? Now there's a thought...

In actual fact, what they should do is of no actual importance to me. Before they existed they must have supported someone. Why not carry on with supporting that someone, whether it be Man United or Boston United? Is it because they can flock and see McDongs play more often? Is it what football's about these days? Seeing it, as opposed to living it? Plastic seats and hot dogs over crumbly terrace and pies?

I just feel like football itself is being taken away from the people that really care about the game and what it stands for. People who go to "Stadium MK" contribute to all of this.

the point is like big finn has said,vent your spleen at the fa and the fl and whoever owns mk dons,but not the fans.

and it did nearly happen to us didnt it,if the tta's hadnt come in where might we be now,ashton droylsden duckinfield middleton or miles away.

you have to face facts that football has changed dramatically since the invention of the premier league(which we voted for by the way) and that ever since the mass influx of money it will never be the same again.i predict within the next ten years the majority of football clubs will be franchised...what will you do then.

the only people who have a god given right to feel aggrevated and let down are the wimbledon fans,it was them that got shafted.

what it has to do with you directly is nothing.

Its a matter of principle, we support a sh***y, not well supported lower division football club, surely you cannot be suggesting this doesn't affect us, it affects footy as a whole

... Or go and watch Northampton, Luton, Watford, Peterborough...? All of which are in a fairly easy distance from Milton Keynes.

... Or realise they're leapfrogging everything that makes football good and decide to go and watch hockey instead. Oh, but that's not as 'cool' is it?

... Or actually support the teams they used to support before the franchise came on the scene? Now there's a thought...

In actual fact, what they should do is of no actual importance to me. Before they existed they must have supported someone. Why not carry on with supporting that someone, whether it be Man United or Boston United? Is it because they can flock and see McDongs play more often? Is it what football's about these days? Seeing it, as opposed to living it? Plastic seats and hot dogs over crumbly terrace and pies?

I just feel like football itself is being taken away from the people that really care about the game and what it stands for. People who go to "Stadium MK" contribute to all of this.

ill give you this, as im one who does prefer terraces and pies over plastic seats and soulless grounds

Its a matter of principle, we support a sh***y, not well supported lower division football club, surely you cannot be suggesting this doesn't affect us, it affects footy as a whole

how directly has it affected you ???

how can you class your own team as :censored:ty,not well suported by all means.

football has no longer been the sport of the working class since the introduction of the premier league and the invention of sky tv coverage,it will never be the same again until either wages of the ordinary working class man or woman increase dramatically in line with everything else....or football chiefs introduce a ceiling on transfer prices and players wages.

lets not forget our club voted for the greedy league as were in it from the beginning.

im not saying what has happened to wimbledon is justified,it isnt quite clearly,but i cant understand why or what it has to do with ordinary latics fans.

the only fans justified in being so deeply upset are the wimbledon fans,end of.

But like it or not FMS thats what football is becoming in this country, through a combination of money and PC gone mad towards safety/continued media hype hooliganism, which has essentially disapeared from our game. The heart and soul does seem to be getting ripped out of football but id say those at the top of the table have contributed much much more than the MK Dons. And what if we had hung on in there for a few more seasons, surely we would be as souless as the rest by now, but would we ourselves care?

Edited by wozz_oafc

i predict within the next ten years the majority of football clubs will be franchised...what will you do then.

This is about the only thing I'd agree on with you. It'll be worse. Much worse than that. Hard to say what I'd do then. Hypothetically, if someone came in, moved us to Workington, made us play in Red, white and black and changed our badge to something corperate and unrecognisable saying "Workington Athletic" then I'd probably have completely fallen out of love with football by then.

No, it's not my fight per se, but should that really stop me feeling aggrieved and quite strong about the way Wimbledon FC was nuked and happy, plastic supporters lap up the new 'brand'? Do you simply shrug your shoulders, mutter "that's life" and welcome the new breed? You does what you likes really, but I'll continue to call BFS fans 'hypocrites' because let's face it, if they didn't flock and put their bums on seats then people like Winkleman wouldn't do what they do.

Starting to get into realms of things that i dont really give a toss about - but yes, that is exactly where football is heading, hence why our furture relies on so much on getting our shiny new ground, which we, and TTA, hope will attract people to do exactly what you are criticising and not be armchair reds, or bules, or vegas fans, or rochdale fans, and come to boundary park because we are a nice shiny big club with a nice shiny new ground...

And lets clear something up, if Oldham disnt exist - would you go to watch Wigan, or Huddersfield, or Tranmere, or Bury - no, because you couldnt be arsed, you would much more likely be a Red or a blue because it is easier... that is where MK's fans are coming from - the armchair ManYoo, Arsenal and Spurs fans, not their local teams fans - there are 10,000 odd new football fans who wouldnt go to matches otherwise... of course there is the counter arguement with the old wimbledon fans but again - that aint their fault...

Edited by BigfinLatic

This is about the only thing I'd agree on with you. It'll be worse. Much worse than that. Hard to say what I'd do then. Hypothetically, if someone came in, moved us to Workington, made us play in Red, white and black and changed our badge to something corperate and unrecognisable saying "Workington Athletic" then I'd probably have completely fallen out of love with football by then.

No, it's not my fight per se, but should that really stop me feeling aggrieved and quite strong about the way Wimbledon FC was nuked and happy, plastic supporters lap up the new 'brand'? Do you simply shrug your shoulders, mutter "that's life" and welcome the new breed? You does what you likes really, but I'll continue to call BFS fans 'hypocrites' because let's face it, if they didn't flock and put their bums on seats then people like Winkleman wouldn't do what they do.

but dont you understand we also contibuted to footballs downfall by voting for the premier league in the first plasce..

like has been said what if we had stayed in it another 4 or 5 years,we would be no better than them would we???

so if someone did come in and buy us and do what you said,but the crowds increased by 75% would it have been the right or the wrong decision.

we all basically agree in essance that what has happened is out of order,and shouldnt have been allowed,but i was replying to the fact the crowd trouble could arise again this saturday by people hurling abuse over the wall at the away fans,when essentially they havent done anything wrong.