Memories of Latics

To celebrate my 7,000th post, I'm copying and pasting an article I had published in the 'Beyond The Boundary' fanzine back in April 2000. Obviously a lot has happened since then, but no doubt others will add their memories.

50 YEARS OF KEEPING THE FAITH

Jogging to Tandle Hills with the team in pre-season training in the 50s.

By train to Accrington Stanley in 1958.

Being made to go through the Chaddy End turnstile two at a time in 1959 and then having to give evidence in court in The Great Turnstile Swindle prosecution.

Waiting to see who won the toss to get behind the goal we were attacking, and changing ends at half-time at Boundary Park.

Brimelow's cough tablets and mintoes being sold around the pitch.

Seeing Stanley Matthews play at Boundary Park in a benefit game.

A lunchbox being thrown onto the pitch in the match which determined that we would be founder members of the Fourth Division, and then a bloke being arrested as he went onto the pitch to retrieve it, as he knew it was more than his life was worth to go home to his wife without it!

Winning the Ford Sporting League month after month, so that it could be publicised on "Match of the Day".

Bert Lister's six goals in the 11 -0 win against Southport on Boxing Day in the snow with the crowd smoking their Christmas cigars!

Bobby Johnstone's cheekily taken free kicks, whilst distracting the ref in conversation.

The ball bouncing over Johnny Bollands' head when we were about to beat a West Ham team which included Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.

The excitement created by Alan Groves.

The many goals of Ray Haddington, Eric Gemmel, Jim Fryatt and Roger Palmer.

The spectacular goals of Ryszard Kowenicki.

Hartlepool United pre-season and then having a puncture after driving away from the ground.

Having another puncture a few days later and then asking Bernie Slaven outside Ayresome Park, for the whereabouts of the nearest tyre repairer.

Having my birthday announced on the Scoreboard at the Baseball Ground (arranged by a Derby fan) and then going on to beat Derby 1-0.

B.B.C. Radio Derby commentator at Boundary Park saying that "The Lookers Stand must be called Lookers because that's where the Oldham fans look at the pitch".

Being "robbed" by the ref at Portsmouth and then having a puncture after driving away from the ground.

Andy Goram swinging on the Chaddy End crossbar in premature celebration of a play-off final place, just before Keith Edwards scored THAT goal.

Frankie Bunn's six goals.

The victory in the League Cup against reigning champions and the then League leaders Arsenal.

The victory in thev F.A. Cup against the then League leaders Astor Villa.

The St. Valentine's Day Massacre of West Ham.

Wembley Way full of Latics fans.

Meeting the great Alan Williams inside Wembley.

That huge Latics flag.

Ian Marshall's hat-trick against Wolves.

Roger Palmer's hat-trick at Maine Road.

Fancy dress at Notts County and a "crocodile" of Blues Brothers.

Promotion at Ipswich.

Redfeam's Championship winning penalty.

Roger Palmer's testimonial match.

The all-night vigil for tickets for the Liverpool match.

Earl Barrett's goal at Anfield making all that queuing for tickets worthwhile.

Beating Chelsea 3-0 in the first home match in the old First Division to prove that we could play on grass as well.

Brian Clough returning to the dugout in advance of his Forest team for the second half, and then standing up and showing us a three nil scoreline when Latics fans chanted to ask him for the score.

Beating Wimbledon's 'crazy gang' 6-2.

Standing in the eye of the Wiltshire White Horse for good luck and then Paul Bernard getting a last minute winner at Swindon.

Neil Adams' two late goals at Everton.

Winning at Southampton.

The final whistle after the Great Escape victory.

Ricky Holden diving for City at Maine Road, and then winking at Latics fans whilst still on the ground, with boos turning into laughter and applause.

Mike Milligan's flicked goal and four season's weather in the first half at Maine Road.

Passionate singing at Norwich on relegation day.

Big Kevin Francis's own goal for Birmingham at Boundary Park.

Brian 'Killer' Kilcline's own goal at Elland Road.

Darren Beckford's celebration with his brother through the fence at Burnden Park.

Ronnie Blair's stanchion hitting ‘goal’ against ManUre

Nick Henry's disallowed ‘goal’ in the first semi-final replay at Maine Road.

David Currie's disallowed ‘goal’ at Old Trafford.

Neil Adams' goal that beat table-topping ManUre!

Sean McCarthy's hat-trick at Notts County.

Sean McCarthy's goal at Old Trafford.

Neil Pointon's goal at Wembley and those glorious twelve minutes before THAT goal!

The penalty shoot-out at Grimsby.

Travelling with the team by coach to the stadium in Ancona.

The two 'wild women' of Ancona.

That scary plane landing with the team in Genoa when I was not the only one to think we might be about to be mentioned in the same breath as the Munich victims.

Jumping up and down for the entire match to beat the cold in Genoa.

Running the police gauntlet in Genoa.

Stuart Barlow's hat-trick at Bradford City.

Running the City fans' gauntlet after yet another victory at Maine Road.

Running the gauntlet to take a half-time penalty at Ramsey, Isle of Man and then informing the P.N.E. Fans massed behind the goal that “we're the pride of Lancashire“.

Singing the Sean Gregan chippy song all through our match against P.N.E. In Douglas

Singing outside the Irish Bar in Douglas in unison with fans of other clubs.

Shamrock Rovers' fans starting the singing of Latics songs on the way back from Dundalk after the mini-bus had been stoned.

Being part of Adrian Littiejohn's and Matthew Tipton's debut goal celebration moshes.

Winning in the rain at Chesterfield and juggling the ball across the terracing.

Andy Ritchie coming into the crowd to greet Laics fans at the Scarborough v Carlisle match.

Danny Standring's 'Sharp out!' centre-spot protest, and the Magistrate saying that he had suffered so much being a Latics fan that he did not deserve additional punishment.

Andy Ritchie coming home!

On the Barlow's coach singing "Going down, going down" (for the tyre) when our coach got a puncture on the way back from Norwich...

A perfect example of Latics humour!

I will add some

celebrating Arsenal going two nil up against Crystal Palace last day of the season 92-93

The mexican wave when 4-1 up against Southampton

Ian Marshalls Torpedo against Notts County 92 to make it 4-3

Seein Rick Holden slam Lee Dixon into the advertinsing hoardings right in front of me.

Andy Ritchies blockbuster aginst Barnsley Fa cup 5th round 94

Meeting Neil Adams at The Glossop Juniors end of season awards in 1993

Lee Richardsons 2 brilliant goals on his debut.

Andy Ritchies Hat trick against Wolves boxing day 94

Sitting in the Bolton end with my Bolton supporting mate in 1997 when they went 3-0 up in half an hour

Christian Colusso's last minute equaliser against Bury in 2002

Andy Gorams second coming against Cardiff

Getting Locked out at Blackpool in 1997

David Eyres last minute winner at Stockport in 2003

The atmosphere against QPR in the play offs 2003

Matt O'Hallorans last minute winner against Dagenham & Redbridge my last match at BP for five months as i went to live in the south of France

Spanking Plymouth 4-1 in march 2004

Scott Vernon scoring agaisnt city (one nil in your cup final)

The atmosphere at Huddersfield november 2006

Last minute winner against Tranmere to send us top feb 2007

The Hoof chants the same game.

The march for planning permission november 2007

Lee Hughes first goal for the club against Bournemouth November 2007

Gary Mcdonalds goal against Everton jan 2008

Chris Taylors winner against Millwall aug 08

and plenty more I just can't think of at this moment.

Ian Marshalls goal at Barnsley in the championship winning season. How many latics fans were there that day, it was like we knew it was going to be our season.

The above post from 'cmon_oldham' is post number 1 - Diego's was to celebrate post number 7,000 - Diego - you are the man -respect :grin:

Incidentally - 7000 posts in 20 months is an average of:

350 per month

or 11 a day.... :mmm:

Edited by TheBigDog

To celebrate my 7,000th post, I'm copying and pasting an article I had published in the 'Beyond The Boundary' fanzine back in April 2000. Obviously a lot has happened since then, but no doubt others will add their memories.

Will you be going out for a celebratory meal to honour the occasion? Or just two dollops of marmite and a big mug of Bovril?

Tommy Wright chipping the Sheffield Utd goalkeeper in a 5-0 at Bramall Lane....my first away game.

the Newcastle full backs last minute own goal

Steve Redmond clearence off the line at Villa

Nick Henrys goal in same game

Nick Henrys goal against Arsenal

Roger Palmers record breaker against Ipswich.

Jon Hallworths save at West Brom when he practically had to run back from the half way line after making a tackle

ossie ardiles playing at bounday park

Guest oa_exile
Will you two dollops of marmite and a big mug of Bovril be going out for a celebratory meal to honour the occasion?

lol :lol: with reference to Mr & Mrs Sideburns and oafc_ok :grin:

The above post from 'cmon_oldham' is post number 1 - Diego's was to celebrate post number 7,000 - Diego - you are the man -respect :grin:

Incidentally - 7000 posts in 20 months is an average of:

350 per month

or 11 a day.... :mmm:

To think that I'm unable to post when driving all over the country, and I've also written a 360 page, 65,000 word family history document in that time as well, and I only type with one finger - it's much shorter than the rest! :grin:

Will you be going out for a celebratory meal to honour the occasion? Or just two dollops of marmite and a big mug of Bovril?

The Bovril was a life-saver at Alfreton last Tuesday - it was almost as cold as ISZ.! I can't stand Marmite, I only promote it on here to help local industry.

We've got an Oldhamer (Latics fan) coming for tea, so we're entertaining him at home. He's working at Marston's all week, so we'll probably show him Burton's best drinking places on Thursday night.

Ian Marsahlls goal at Barnsley in the championship winning season. How many latics fans were there that day, it was like we knew it was going to be our season.

Marshy's two goals at Ipswich that won us promotion to the top league.

Colin Garwood Hatrick at Bournemouth

Going on the disco train to Bournemouth

Going on the train to Southampton and getting back at 6 am

(worth it for Andy's goal)

Being 4 up against workington in some poxy cup and losing 7-4 ??

leaving BP when 2-0 up against wolves in cup to arrive home for mum to say sorry you only drew.

Beating Huddersfield 6-0 to win promotion.

I know it's been mentioned but when winning the ford sporting league every month the best bit was Manure whinning every month it wan't fair because the points were carried over to the next month and we were so far in front nobody could catch us.

Seeing Bobby Johnstone leave the pub at Ayresome Park at 2.45 to drunk to stand up.

Billy Johnston took his place.

Coming back from Donny one friday night with no coach windows - bloody freezing over the moors.

The last 3 games of the great escape season.

Arriving late at Crystal Palace one Sunday and were 3-0 down when we got in.

Burnnley scoring 3 goals whilst we were in the queue to get in at BP.

Maurice Whittle free kick against York

David Shaw hatrick on his second debut

OH HAPPY DAYS

Edited by losesome

Ian Marsahlls goal at Barnsley in the championship winning season. How many latics fans were there that day, it was like we knew it was going to be our season.

Yeh, that was brilliant especially after we seemed to always lose there. Same at Wolves - massive away following and great win. Good times.

Coming back from Donny one friday night with no coach windows - bloody freezing over the moors.

Maurice Whittle free kick against York

OH HAPPY DAYS

i remember coming back from a match and the coach freezing and no windows

and if i am right that goal by whittle was in april 74 away at york if so it was my first latics match

Lee Richardson scoring two absolute screamers vs charlton athletic on his debut in opening game of 1994/1995 season (My first game)

Beating Birmingham City 4-0 and witnessing Kevin Francis score the best own goal ever seen at boundary park.

Again, as mentioned above, the centre circle protest (forget whether it was vs ipswich or wolves)

Seeing Bristol Rovers knock three past us in the first ten minutes

Being stuck outside for 30 minutes only to be told game called off due to fog.

Andy Ritchie banging in a last minute goal vs middlesboro. Steve Mcmahon went off with a broken arm to the jubilant cheers of latics fans

Beating City 2-1 at boundary park in division 1, with Gary Kelly saving a kinkladze penalty

Being 3-0 up against bristol rovers (under warnock) and seeing us blow the lead to go in 3-3 at half time.

The 7-1 drubbing vs Baadif

The away team bringing the wrong kits to the game (think this happened when we played birmingham and charlton in 1996/1997) and having to wear our away strip.

Lee Richardsons penalties.

Aside from those that have been mentioned (and in no particular order):

Being in the ground before the team at West Brom (Hallworth's save game)

Beating City at Maine Road in 99

Getting absolutely spanked by City on Boundary Beach in 92 (and the journey home in a car full of City fans)

The smile on my face when we beat Bury 4-0 on a Tuesday night (I went to school in Bury so knew I was going to be giving a lot of banter the next day)

The day after beating Man U

The day after loosing to Spurs in 94

The Liverpool game at Anfield in 94 when they scored the winner in the 100th minute

Being one of 7 Oldham fans sat down at stamford bridge in 93 when we won 1-0 (and I was told by some cockney :censored: that Oldham were :censored: in the toilet at half-time - we were 1-0 up)

Absolutely hooning it over the Pennines in my dad's car when the coach to Barnsley failed to show up and making it in time for kick-off

Getting a puncture in Doncaster and missing the start of the game in 05

Arriving late for Hartlepool last season (I must live 2nd closet to their ground)

That week in Jan 08

Getting revenge on a Hudds car after the cup defeat last season

And two more personal ones

Watching my Dad drag Dr. Kelso onto the pitch as the physios were trying to stop Andy Payton swallowing his tongue at the RRE

Being the mascot for the Tottenham game in xmas 92 (and whoeever it was that said I was a lucky mascot after Olney's last minute winner)

bobby johnstone playing keepy uppy in the centre circle in his first match for latics telling bert lister where to run then splitting the exeter defence with the pass for the first of 5 goals to come back from 2-0 to win 5-2

In terms of a season though it has to be 73/74, power cuts so a generator used to power the floodlights as we beat cambridge 6 -1, grovesy's debut against aldershot, winning at bristol rovers easter saturday then beating southport 2-0 at their ground easter monday, having beaten them 6-0 at BP on the friday beating huddersfield 6-0 to clinch promotion losing at home to charlton when we needed to win for the championship (never been in main stand paddock since!) then listening to radio commentary when we hung on for a goalless draw at plymouth to clinch the championship of division 3. reception on town hall steps and a mate of mine refusing to show his bare backside on the same steps even though he had said he would if latics won promotion. all this just makes me realise how lucky we are to still have the latics in existence to support. misty eyed reading this thread and writing this lol

Edited by eddyblue

Wembley Way full of Latics fans.

That huge Latics flag.

Fancy dress at Notts County and a "crocodile" of Blues Brothers.

Roger Palmer's testimonial match.

Beating Chelsea 3-0 in the first home match in the old First Division to prove that we could play on grass as well.

Beating Wimbledon's 'crazy gang' 6-2.

Neil Adams' two late goals at Everton.

The final whistle after the Great Escape victory.

Ricky Holden diving for City at Maine Road, and then winking at Latics fans whilst still on the ground, with boos turning into laughter and applause.

Mike Milligan's flicked goal and four season's weather in the first half at Maine Road.

Big Kevin Francis's own goal for Birmingham at Boundary Park.

Darren Beckford's celebration with his brother through the fence at Burnden Park.

Neil Adams' goal that beat table-topping ManUre!

Sean McCarthy's hat-trick at Notts County.

Sean McCarthy's goal at Old Trafford.

Neil Pointon's goal at Wembley and those glorious twelve minutes before THAT goal!

Running the City fans' gauntlet after yet another victory at Maine Road.

Danny Standring's 'Sharp out!' centre-spot protest, and the Magistrate saying that he had suffered so much being a Latics fan that he did not deserve additional punishment.

Andy Ritchie coming home!

Amen to that! Was there at all of the above!

Amen to that! Was there at all of the above!

Going to try and not repeat any of Diego's

The overpowering smell of bovril, cigar and cigarettes in the Chaddy end as a kid

Freezing my little nuts off aged nine and not caring less!

Tommy Wright scoring the winner in my first game, immortalised him forever in my eyes

Andy Goram, Gravy!

The squeaky voiced guy at the back of the Chaddy (mid-late 80s)

Andy Linighan's o.g. vs Birmingham on the windiest day ever April '87

Battered at home to Chelsea with them wearing a Donny cast-off kit

Everton Cup Replay Nov'88, so cold and wet I almost fused myself to the Chaddy End fence, but I wasn't moving for any bugger!

Singing 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, to Watford fans just as Stitch buried his second in a minute............2-0, 2-0, 2-0!!! Feb '89

Drawing 2-2 at home to Sunderland and listening in disbelief at half-time as the news of the tragedy at Hillsborough filtered through

Andy Holden's headers v Swindon and Brighton (Feb/May '89)

a Plymouth player passing straight to Andy Ritchie and he proceeded to put us 3-1 up, helping secure our first win of the pinch-me season

Going to the home game against Leicester in September '89, with a small crowd in attendance - The disbelief of a crowd twice as big come Boxing Day when we played Port Vale, the roar in the Chaddy seemed deafening to my 12 year old ears!

Roger Palmer's equaliser vs Everton after being 2-0 down and spotting me and my Bruv on MOTD that night. clinging to the Chaddy fence

Being shoe-horned into the Kippax two hours before the first semi-final kicked off.

Missing Barrett's, Webb's and Wallace's goals 'cos I could hardly see!

Wembley, the anticipation for weeks, the journey, the pride, the performance, the tears! A sea of blue everywhere and Littlewoods Cup in Littlewoods!

2-3 home friendly defeat to Bradford, had the bubble burst?

Andy Jones' miss for Charlton at the front of the Chaddy!

Lenny Johnrose in the last minute!

Stitch's backheel and Redders chip v Watford

First defeat at Vale Park, my first League Away Game, dad tanting 'cos it was £5, no concessions!

4-1, 6-1, 4-1, 5-3 consecutive home games, fabulous!

Adams clearing off the line, then burying at the other end within 15 second vs Brentford

Brian Parkin's display for Bristol Rovers

Boundary Park shaking as the 'Dodger' nicked a late winner vs WBA March '91

TV crew trying to get the Chaddy to sing 'What's New' for a trailer, instead we invited Becky Want to 'get her tits out'! May '91

Sharpy's brace at Maine Road and the ensuing Conga around the Platt Lane

Ian Wright and 'Spit-gate'

Spike scoring a wonder goal vs The Toffees

Psycho, Psycho what's the score?

Beast Man's excocet of a late winner vs Notts County

Sharp's 4 goals vs Luton

David Currie destroying us in pre-season at Oakwell

Sitting in the home end for the 3-3 at Maine Road and unable to restrain myself when Gunnar equalised!

Olney's late brace vs Leeds

She's here, she's there, she's every ******* where, Shearer's wife, Shearer's wife (first kid born that week). No more motivation needed L0-2 at Blackburn. Super Al bags the first. Comedy penalty from Beastman!

John Wark being 53 and still class act!

Tommy Wright being about 17 stone, during John Keeley's comedy performance v 'Boro

The fog, Oldham Nil for 4 or 5 games and then an assist from Roger Milford vs Chelsea. Brennan's goal from the halfway line same game.

Standing in the Kop, Liverpool 1 Latics 0, crap game, wonder goal from Rush, gutted but great experience

Going in the Holt End as we nicked a priceless win at Villa, crapping myself for 90 mins!

Scouselatics face when Olney scored 2 in a minute, vs Liverpool.

Battered at Stoke in more ways than one, a real mugging! Feed the Bear!

Last minute defeat at Rooots Hall.....bloddy Otto!

Forrest Gump's miss at Roker Park

Hugging a complete stranger as Forrest Gump scored our firts goal in weeks at Ayresome Park

Boing, Boing Baggis Baggies.......awesome sight!

John De Wolfe on his arse, Stitch buries Boxing Day 1994

You're :censored: and yer stink of Fish! December 1994 at Blundell Park!

Carlton Palmer's o.g. FAC4 Jan '95

Banger finally bags vs Sheff U

Stitch's last gasp winner vs 'Boro April 1995

McCarthorse destroying Bolton

McCarthorse's miss at St. Andrew's

Bez's goal vs Reading Oct '95

2-0 up vs top of the league Millwall to 2-2 in 2 injury time minutes Nov'95

Fianlly seeing a win at Vale Park Easter Monday 1996, Beckford playing like Ronaldo (the fat un!)

Beckford in goal vs Wolves

Creaney's penalty miss - same game

The game ending 0-0!

Creaney's backheel vs Stoke, Safety!

First win taking until October, battering Vale 3-0

ok that's the first ten years!

i remember coming back from a match and the coach freezing and no windows

and if i am right that goal by whittle was in april 74 away at york if so it was my first latics match

Whittle goal was away at york in 74. If i remember right he did it again in the following home match on the Tuesday , may have been bournemouth ?? Took it from just inside their half near the dug outs shooting towards the chaddy end.

Does anybody remember miss of the century -

It was crewe away - may have been a friday night.

Big jim Fryatt breaks through one on one with goalie.

Chips it over his head and runs round him.

Thinking the ball is going in he just follows it in with his hands in the air only for it to hit the post.

In his panic he puts the rebound wide !!!!

In addition to those memories already listed from 1990 or so

Going to overy game at the start of the 03/04 season thinking it would be our last

Celebration Sunday - Griffin meant it!! Oldham were back!!

Beating Forest 5-0

Following it up with 1-1 at Scunny in the most one sided game ever seen and grown men crowd surfing, hugging anyone they could

Neil Eardley nerly being thrown out at the same game

Staying up on the last day under Ritchie

Swindon away under Talbot - for al his misgivings, that was a great performance and a great day out. The day "Oh when the blues" really caught on for me. It's got faster by the day ever since

Bristol City away in same season - Muzza and Ernie making it a day to remember

John Sheridan giving me his shirt at the end of said Reading game (it was my last season as ball boy)

Watching League Cup final on video for weeks afterwards hoping Rhodes pushed the ball that bit further or Ritchie's shot would go in!

Carlo's 4 goal haul against Wrexham helping him get to the mighty total of 11 that season

Wayno's goal after 12 seconds at the JJB

Dux's goal at the JJB

Beating Wolves 3-1 at Molyneux after being 1-0 down at half time sat in their end

Millwall last season - unbelievable

I think everyone has covered a lot of the other memories. If I think if anymore I'll add some

Earl giving the Leeds striker a nugde into the fence of the chaddy end, i think he left an inprint.

Marshall marking a frenchman out of the match on his debut in english football, i think he did ok after that though.

sutton savimg from palmer at wembley and adams being inches away from a touch ( i swear i thought it had gone in at the time.)

SOS kicking the bucket at Hull, (he actually kicked a bucket)

the squeky voice defender in the 80s......Mick Flynn, he never shut up

Andy Linighan always trying a back heel back pass

Earl Barrets goal at Anfield at the Kop (my dad started crying he was so happy)

every time we beat cirt at maine rd, (many times over the years)

ok continuing in the same vein Part 2

Through working Saturdays at the time, first game in three months at home to Grimsby Feb' 8th 1997 L0-3 My 20th Birthday and Sharvey's last game!

Winning at QPR about 50 of us there and it felt like we'd won the World Cup

Tipton's wonderful late winner vs Wrexham

Me and 20 others pacing up and down under the Platt Lane stand unable to watch the last few minutes!!!! March '99

Holty's late winner at Wrexham

10 man win v Stoke, Paul Beaver's !

Safety vs Reading!

Disbelief at us finally scoring at the beginning of 99/00 (First a late goal from Mark Allott, vs Stockport LC 2nd Leg) Then his wonder goal vs Bury.

Dux's late goal vs Wigwam at the JCB, me not being compus mentus for 2 or 3 days!

Tipton getting sent off, lose to a last minute pen at Millwall Feb '00, me with the hangover from hell!

Paying the price for our fans holding onto the ball vs Bury at Gigg Lane. Andy Preece!

The fog at Layer Road and Karl Duguid's pen miss!

Ricker's winner at Scunny and Ratboy's penalty miss!

Paul Jones and Gary Kelly coming to blows at Dean Court

What a waste of Petrol at Reading

THAT SUNDAY at Millmoor, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Eyresey and Carrs arriving

The rain at Bristol Rovers!

The guy nicking the corner flag at Hednesford

Carlo's 4 vs Wrexham, shouldda been 5, he missed a pen!

Rotherham's weird late winner

Tipton's late thunderbolt vs the Shakers

Safe Day vs Brizzle Rovers and Carrs' wonder goal

Late comeback at Wrexham

Mini-Shez chip at Tranmere

Reeves' brace at Bloomfield

2-0 up lose 4-2 Saltergate, the Allott show

Eyresy's free-kick vs Brighton

1-7 vs Cardiff

Derby & West Ham in the League Cup

2-0 down after 7 mins at Plymouth, we draw 2-2

Baudet's late winner at Prenton Park NYD '03

Eyresy's winner at Stockport

Eyresy's free-kick v QPR Play Offs

Paul Furlong and Chris Day

The Survival Match

Shez scoring in front of the Kop at Hillsborough

John Eyre's late winner v QPR

Ernie's goal at Grimsby

Shez's reception at home to Sheff Wed

Celebration Sunday and JUST managing to blag our way in

Wes Wilkinson destroying Bristol City

Pogs wonder show at Edgeley Park Easter Monday 2004

THAT game at Swindon

2-0 vs Walsall, win 5-3

KK's debut at Bradford

Killen the goal machine Nov/Dec 2004

2 first half penalties against us at Hartlepool

The City Cup Game

Finally a striker that anticipates! Beckett bags at home to Luton, seizing on back-pass!

Pogs Performance at home to Bradford

The debacle at Tranmere L0-4

Andy Liddell's Free-Kick at Swindon and his volley vs Chesterfield

WTF!? Barnsley L0-4 Scapegoat Butcher

Hughesy's celebration v Bristol City

Embarassed in the mud at Chasetown

Beckett's two late goals vs Gills

Throwing it away at the Galpharm

Destroying Forest 3-0

The capitulation under Moore - April 2006

We've got our Oldham (nil) back Tranmere August '06

Wellens goal at Blackpool

Charlie's goal vs Gills

Free Tickets to Cheltenham Nov '06

Huddersfield wonder show

The New Year's Day Destruction

Me steaming in the exec boxes as we nick a late winner vs the Bin Dipper's

A new hero, at the Liberty...........Rocky!

The win at Brighton and Liddell's goal

Outclassed by the lasher's in the Play Offs

Davies' late winner on the opening day

Everton

Anti-climax v Hudds

Another win at Vale

Destruction of Hudds

Destruction of Crewe

Back from the dead v Millwall

Never say die at Col U

Another win at the Bin Dippers