Ooooh Roger Palmer..

Since i joined this forum, i have realised how everybody thinks of my stepdad Roger Palmer. I live in jersey now, but i'm going back home november 29th for a long weekend

and was planning to try and get us to a game. Thought it would be good for him to show his face. However oldham play Walsall on tuesday 25th so that can't happen.

Has anyone got any ideas of something i can set up.

cheers......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First reply to Rogers stepson....

Edit: I think the club would be keen to have him back so you should go the whole hog and contact them.

Maybe he could play on Saturday?

He can play for the Fans' team any time he fancies! I'd even put Lordy on the bench for him :wink:

Since i joined this forum, i have realised how everybody thinks of my stepdad Roger Palmer. I live in jersey now, but i'm going back home november 29th for a long weekend

and was planning to try and get us to a game. Thought it would be good for him to show his face. However oldham play Walsall on tuesday 25th so that can't happen.

Has anyone got any ideas of something i can set up.

cheers......

Change the dates of your trip mate or lets just hope we get a home draw in the 2nd round of the F.A. Cup..................basically just get the great man back to BP :imnotworthy:

First reply to Rogers stepson....

Edit: I think the club would be keen to have him back so you should go the whole hog and contact them.

Maybe he could play on Saturday?

[/quote

LOL!!! Sure he would love to. I could send someone an email i suppose. don't really trust him to turn up to anything unless i'm there though, he's

good at doing the disappearing act!!!

Change the dates of your trip mate or lets just hope we get a home draw in the 2nd round of the F.A. Cup..................basically just get the great man back to BP :imnotworthy:

No can do already paid for flights. The robbing t***s charge you to change.. and got plans!!!

And the ghost!!! fits him well believe me, could never find find him when i wanted some money!!!

Get in touch with the club mate... just to know how he is would be great for us fans. If he could ever get to a game (and want to for that matter), it would certainly put quite a few extra on the gate I'm sure.

Get in touch with the club mate... just to know how he is would be great for us fans. If he could ever get to a game (and want to for that matter), it would certainly put quite a few extra on the gate I'm sure.

yes i will try and get in touch with someone to sort something out. Might try and get back in december for a game. , Where will i find a contact? official site?

yes i will try and get in touch with someone to sort something out. Might try and get back in december for a game. , Where will i find a contact? official site?

Email to enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk

You could always phone the club 0871 226 2235 and ask for Alan Hardy, he will be sure to help out where he can.

The best person to contact is:

gordon.lawton@oldhamathletic.co.uk

who keeps in touch with the former players.

I'm sure Gordon would love to make contact with Roger for a programme article and to give him (and you) the full BP V.I.P. treatment.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The best person to contact is:

gordon.lawton@oldhamathletic.co.uk

who keeps in touch with the former players.

I'm sure Gordon would love to make contact with Roger for a programme article and to give him (and you) the full BP V.I.P. treatment.

Unless that's a bit too much too soon and he doesn't want to warm up with a personal appearance and maybe a cameo (of up to 95 minutes) with the Fans team first?

The phrase "the term legend is bandied about too freely" is bandied about too freely these days but in Roger Palmer's case he really is a legend. If he ever was to return to BP on a cold, wet and windy day it would make a lot of people very happy indeed.

Managed to speak to the legend the day before the masters event (he was rushing to get to the bookies in sale) I told him it would have been the highlight of the event if he would of played, he just laughed and said his knees had gone. It certainly made my day.

Like you have said he really is a LEGEND!!

Guest oa_exile
Me too........... not really bothered about the prize money at all, I just want a photo with the great man.

Maybe the prize should be a photo with the great man ?

I got a pm off channel m asking if he would like to do an interview, and Andy Ritchie would be asking the question's. I'm going to speak to him later today about that and will mention all the other ideas. hope there's a game on the 29th that would be perfect.

Just got off the phone to him and he said he would come with me if there is a second round match on the 29th of nov all i need to do now is contact the club. As for the interview with channel m he wants a few days to think about it, souds good though i told him how much of a legend he is with the fans and he said i know ha ha!!!