For All Those Who Rate Neal Eardley

and being honest, even if he has a stinker tomorrow (obviously hoping not!), he's played over 100 senior games for us, been our captain, is wales under 21 captain and has represented the full wales side on more occasions than anyone on this board has.......i think he has earned a right to be rated and supported by tics fans! and not slagged off because he puts the ball out of play or doesn't find a man every pass :chubb:

and being honest, even if he has a stinker tomorrow (obviously hoping not!), he's played over 100 senior games for us, been our captain, is wales under 21 captain and has represented the full wales side on more occasions than anyone on this board has.......i think he has earned a right to be rated and supported by tics fans! and not slagged off because he puts the ball out of play or doesn't find a man every pass :chubb:

:applause1:

Nail.

On.

Head.

All of this, and he's only 6 months older than me. He's played in almost as many Oldham games as I've been to.

good to see that Sheridan listened to me....!

Thought Kelvin had a good steady game, got forward to support Liddell and put some decent crosses in, whilst minimising Dyers attacking. Just thought that with the pace of Dyer, Eardley would have struggled, as shown by any winger with trickery and pace in the past.

I wasnt as pleased with Kelvin as some...... His defending was good, (and lets face it, thats what his primary objective was!) but i thought he punted the ball up to nobody a hell of a lot. And thats one of the things Earole gets slated for. His crossing was god tho when he was up there putting them in.

Verdict..... Undecided. Give him another game on tuesday.

Possibly horses for courses. Lomax is very fast, Eardley is reasonably quick. I think when you add the fact that we started with Taylor on the right instead of Lids and you get a feel for what the game plan was.

People who maintain that Eardley is rubbish still need to wake up though.

Possibly horses for courses. Lomax is very fast, Eardley is reasonably quick. I think when you add the fact that we started with Taylor on the right instead of Lids and you get a feel for what the game plan was.

People who maintain that Eardley is rubbish still need to wake up though.

Absolute rubbish......what do Toshack and Flynn know about Football?

:grin:

I'm not saying Eardley is rubbish because he isn't, BUT as I posted on another thread I did feel that the team played it on the deck much more on Saturday, and I reckon that was because there was no Eardley pumping those aimless balls up the pitch like he seems to do most of the time he's in posession.

I'm not saying Eardley is rubbish because he isn't, BUT as I posted on another thread I did feel that the team played it on the deck much more on Saturday, and I reckon that was because there was no Eardley pumping those aimless balls up the pitch like he seems to do most of the time he's in posession.

Thought Lomax hoofed aimless balls more than anyone. He got wragged a few times to.

Thought Lomax hoofed aimless balls more than anyone. He got wragged a few times to.

Agreed. Again, as has already been said, a problem that seems to occur with Eardley as well, yet he regularly gets a bit of grief for it.

Both talented young players, but do need to improve on their distribution - though i'd have Eardley back in.

I don't disagree, Lomax hasn't been at his best either for a few weeks, but I still feel we played it out from tha back more without Eardley in the team.

If we did play the ball out from the back more (and I'm not really sure we did), I think it had more to do with Gregan coming back in than Eardley dropping out.