shouted at to sit down when looking to find my seat at swindon town latics

i was really unhappy at the match yesterday, i was walking to find my seat and some woman shouted for me to sit down :shock: to be true i should have been more constructive with my response and i apologised for this but it really annoyed me... fans and stewards telling me to sit down when i am at my seat is something i find annoying but really... someone shouting at me whilst i am walking to find my seat at the start of the match is pathetic...

i was really unhappy at the match yesterday, i was walking to find my seat and some woman shouted for me to sit down :shock: to be true i should have been more constructive with my response and i apologised for this but it really annoyed me... fans and stewards telling me to sit down when i am at my seat is something i find annoying but really... someone shouting at me whilst i am walking to find my seat at the start of the match is pathetic...

People who come in while the game has started then trying to find their seat when its unreserved seating also blocking the view of others is a bit of sh!tter too. :grin:

People who come in while the game has started then trying to find their seat when its unreserved seating also blocking the view of others is a bit of sh!tter too. :grin:

ohh my gosh... sorry for having a drink and a good time with my mates before the match, ill try to be a tad more miserable at the next match i go to

ohh my gosh... sorry for having a drink and a good time with my mates before the match, ill try to be a tad more miserable at the next match i go to

What I can never work out is why it seems impossible for a sizeable number of fans to have a drink and a good time with their mates before the match without then setting off at two minutes to three from a pub that's a good ten minutes from the ground...

Am I just old? :blink:

Edited by garcon

What I can never work out is why it seems impossible for a sizeable number of fans to have a drink and a good time with their mates before the match without then setting off at two minutes to three from a pub that's a good ten minutes from the ground...

Am I just old? :blink:

:lol:

... and whom might you be referring to I wonder! :ph34r:

To be fair... we did all walk in and get to our seats at the exact moment the team lined up and the referee blew his whistle... perfect timing in my book! Drinking time is precious!

... oh, theres nothing like 90 minutes of watching latics to spoil a good booze up!

I mean it's not our fault the stadium is badly designed, people are always going to be going back and fourth whilst a game is on

It has crossed my mind that grounds should have a special section of seats that double up as latrines for those who've just necked four pints of flat lager... :laught16:

It's time that grounds had a new entrance method to avoid this.

It could work like this:

1) Your seat is based underneath the stand.

2) You sit in it and press the appropriate button.

3) Using an air tube your seat can be lifted in to the stand, providing you with a perfect view of the pitch, thus not interfering with the view of others who got their earlier.

4) Beer can be served automatically at the press of a button, saving the need to leave for the bar 5 minutes before half time.

I like it so far!

It's time that grounds had a new entrance method to avoid this.

It could work like this:

1) Your seat is based underneath the stand.

2) You sit in it and press the appropriate button.

3) Using an air tube your seat can be lifted in to the stand, providing you with a perfect view of the pitch, thus not interfering with the view of others who got their earlier.

4) Beer can be served automatically at the press of a button, saving the need to leave for the bar 5 minutes before half time.

I like it so far!

I reckon if you add in my idea for the inbuilt latrine you're onto a winner! :grin:

The blessing was that you didn't disrupt the minute's silence.

thats why we got to the seats late, I couldnt put up a flag whilst that was going on, it seemed disrespectful, but when I did I had to do it in an awkuad crouching position otherwise people in the seats in front wouldnt of been able to see the game

thats why we got to the seats late, I couldnt put up a flag whilst that was going on, it seemed disrespectful, but when I did I had to do it in an awkuad crouching position otherwise people in the seats in front wouldnt of been able to see the game

People just take all this flag-tying for granted - they don't appreciate how complex it can be! :grin:

I was scared her husband was going to start on you mate :grin:

I reckon if you add in my idea for the inbuilt latrine you're onto a winner! :grin:

With you in spirit on this one.

I'm trying to work out a way of including this with a guaranteed "splatter proof" concept so that you don't actually end up pi$$ing on your jeans/trainers in error.

A heated cushion on the seat with temperature controls, possibly an essential at BP, is also being considered!

I was thinking of then adding glass to protect from the biting wind, but then I realsied there are already two patents on this type of thing. One is called a pub, and the other is the front room!!!

I don't want to appear to be a grumpy old bastard (actually I dont give a :censored: as thats what I am).

But it is really annoying when people wander in at five past three so pissed they can barely stand, then disrupt everyone because they dont know were they are supposed to be sat.

They finally struggle to there seat and then not content with this have to go for a piss every 10 minutes because they have a bladder the size of an acorn and have still seen fit to neck about 5 pints in the half hour before the game.

:rant.sml:

I don't want to appear to be a grumpy old bastard (actually I dont give a :censored: as thats what I am).

But it is really annoying when people wander in at five past three so pissed they can barely stand, then disrupt everyone because they dont know were they are supposed to be sat.

They finally struggle to there seat and then not content with this have to go for a piss every 10 minutes because they have a bladder the size of an acorn and have still seen fit to neck about 5 pints in the half hour before the game.

:rant.sml:

i cant say i was drunk when i walked to find my seat and i was helping my mate to do his flag and i really cant understand how this is annoying to you, it has never annoyed me... chill out

I'm trying to work out a way of including this with a guaranteed "splatter proof" concept so that you don't actually end up pi$$ing on your jeans/trainers in error.

You could pay homage to an authentic footballing tradition by fitting each seat with a tube mocked up to look like a rolled up Liverpool Echo. Problem solved.

:lol:

... and whom might you be referring to I wonder! :ph34r:

To be fair... we did all walk in and get to our seats at the exact moment the team lined up and the referee blew his whistle... perfect timing in my book! Drinking time is precious!

... oh, theres nothing like 90 minutes of watching latics to spoil a good booze up!

Ah... this should be the OASIS slogan

i cant say i was drunk when i walked to find my seat and i was helping my mate to do his flag and i really cant understand how this is annoying to you, it has never annoyed me... chill out

My comments were not directed at you specifically but generally to every annoying :censored::censored: who drifts in at 5 past 3 and disturbs and annoys everyone with there inconsiderate behaviour.

What annoys you and what annoys me are obviously 2 very different things, thankfully.

Maybe you need to chill out, taking offence at someone asking you to sit down.