Gregan [MERGED]

Yes we didn't seem to miss him when he was out for about 4/5 months last season

absolutely unbelievable. i trust thats sarcasm? youre in with a fair few on here who need to remember the following when typing..

when repeating an untruth over and over and over, although it may succeed in changing your perception of events, IT DOES NOT HAVE AN EFFECT IN THE REAL WORLD.

unless, of course, your words are to be interpreted litterally and without sarcasm? in which case they are correct..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely unbelievable. i trust thats sarcasm? youre in with a fair few on here who need to remember the following when typing..

when repeating an untruth over and over and over, although it may succeed in changing your perception of events, IT DOES NOT HAVE AN EFFECT IN THE REAL WORLD.

unless, of course, your words are to be interpreted litterally and without sarcasm? in which case they are correct..

Im confuzzled......did we miss Greegs last season?!?

Im confuzzled......did we miss Greegs last season?!?

my memory tells me we were on a losing run until he got injured, we then picked up markedly as soon as he was out. we enjoyed a much lower loss percentage without him, then we promptly threw away our faint play off hopes on his return? i very much doubt im wrong.

one thing im not to sure on was did we also set a club record for going unbeaten without him? or go very close to doing so? that might be my brains version of justifying opinion!!

my memory tells me we were on a losing run until he got injured, we then picked up markedly as soon as he was out. we enjoyed a much lower loss percentage without him, then we promptly threw away our faint play off hopes on his return? i very much doubt im wrong.

one thing im not to sure on was did we also set a club record for going unbeaten without him? or go very close to doing so? that might be my brains version of justifying opinion!!

Wow. Had we had him we could have won the cup!

:jester:

We certainly did, there is no confusion just some pillock trying to create some.

your personal attack links in well with my comments elsewhere about it only applying if its true, never the less i hope your inability to debate within reason results in censure lol.

anyways with regards gregan, as one of our memories is clearly faltering, i believe it would be prudent if both of us were to check our facts with regards the teams performance with/ without him last season. obviously he missed more games than he played in so using a percentage figure would probably be best. in fact, if you are correct, as we lose constantly without him and he missed more games than he played in, the two figures combined should give a result which would be highly embarrasing for myself. but as i said, i doubt it very much..

Wow. Had we had him we could have won the cup!

:jester:

great post. the way you added my quote, really shows the depth of thought that went into your reply. its becoming obvious to me, that the same amount of independent thinking went into your appraisal of sean gregans worth to a team from 2007 onwards.

This is commonly called selective memory, we were not on a losing run until he got injured and we did not pick up as soon as he was out.

We picked up to such an extent that we hardly won a home game before New Year, and hardly won an away game after New Year.

We won something like 7 consecutive away games but in the same period hardly won a single home game.

Our form without him was extremely patchy and inconsistent, hence we did not make the play offs and in honesty never really looked like doing so.

This season with Gregan back and fully fit we have started brilliantly and topped the table for several weeks.

Opposition managers such as Gary McAllister and Ronnie Moore have both described Gregan as immense, the difference between the two teams and MoM in our wins at Leeds and Tranmere.

These are professional managers making these judgements, also Shez quite rates him as well.

I remember having the same debate with you last season when he was injured.

I remember saying as soon as he was fit he would be straight back in the team, you disagreed as you think he is rubbish, but yet as soon as he was fit he was straight back in the team.

lol im aiming selective memory at you, and you at me, but from opposing ends!

im going to check the stats before i next log on.

with regards what other managers say ronnie moore is a football genius, and mcallister has similar management experience to penis wise, who fired greegs right off early doors.

i remember the debates, but you are wrong regards my views. i dont say hes rubbish, but ive articulated several views regards temprament, concentration and the destabilising effect of bollocking players for making the mistakes he makes. do you remember my example? well you prob wont, but it involved eardley. when did eardly last excell? some say never, honest people know when it was.

you just say hes brilliant, hes ace and that other people say hes ace, therein lies the problem. how much of that is your view and how much is reputation? i believe its quite high on reputation, and thats whats keeping him in the game.

I agree he was bad early last season remember Accrington when he got booed. That was how bad it got and it wasn't a one off bad performance. His best performances Leeds ,Tranmere are against immobile strikers,he can't cope with mobile attacks like Hartlepool and Yeovil.It is interesting that the Leeds/Tranmere model is more successful in the long run in this division, but not against Gregan.So with Gregan in the side maybe we are going to do better against bigger strikers and better teams and trip up against lesser teams.

Seems his poor form isn't any coincidence now we can openly consider his off-field situation. There is a post elsewhere on this, so no need to discuss what he's allegedly done but there's a solid reason to have back up as he's a shadow of himself at present. I'd be getting someone in and even be contemplating playing Gregan from the bench at present until his off-field situation is resolved. As I've said above, he cost us 3 goals in the past 3 games and was lucky his mates helped him out against Scunny who could've scored a bagful in the 1st half. Time to act Shez!

PS In quoting Leeds and Tranmere as him being immense, a picture gets built of being the sort of player who is complacent against your Yeovils and Swindons etc. That sort of player won't get us up...I'm not saying that is what he is, but those who want to back Gregan strenuously (to the point of being blind to his current form) by stating his 2 best performances this season are in danger of inadvertedly painting this picture of Greeegs IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Seems his poor form isn't any coincidence now we can openly consider his off-field situation. There is a post elsewhere on this, so no need to discuss what he's allegedly done but there's a solid reason to have back up as he's a shadow of himself at present. I'd be getting someone in and even be contemplating playing Gregan from the bench at present. As I've said above, he costed us 3 goals in the past 3 games and was lucky his mates helped him out against Scunny who could've scored a bagful in the 1st half. Time to act Shez!

agree

lol im aiming selective memory at you, and you at me, but from opposing ends!

im going to check the stats before i next log on.

with regards what other managers say ronnie moore is a football genius, and mcallister has similar management experience to penis wise, who fired greegs right off early doors.

i remember the debates, but you are wrong regards my views. i dont say hes rubbish, but ive articulated several views regards temprament, concentration and the destabilising effect of bollocking players for making the mistakes he makes. do you remember my example? well you prob wont, but it involved eardley. when did eardly last excell? some say never, honest people know when it was.

you just say hes brilliant, hes ace and that other people say hes ace, therein lies the problem. how much of that is your view and how much is reputation? i believe its quite high on reputation, and thats whats keeping him in the game.

I never at any point ever said he was ace or brilliant, I thought at the time he was the best central defender at the club which is a view I still hold.

He is far from brilliant or ace or he wouldn't be playing in league 1.

He has though been a Championship standard player for the most part of his career, which none of our other centre halfs or defenders can claim.

He is still a better centre half than Hazell and Byrne and as for Stam he wouldn't still be at the club but for the clause for an extra year if he played a certain number of games last season, which he only did due to Gregans injury.

Gregan is far from perfect and does make mistakes, but he is still the best aerial prescence we have at the club especially since Trotman left.

Granted his current off the field distraction certainly cannot be helping his game, but he was a major reason we were at the top of the league earlier in the season.

If he was dropped then we would be looking at Hazell and who else, Stam is uncharacteristically injured and Byrne is just back from an injury and neither fills me with optimism anyway, we would be seriously short of aerial power at the back.

Perfect he is not, still the best we have at the club he is.

Is a potential drink-driving condition hanging over his head genuinely likely to affect his form on the pitch?

Is so, why? .

Right, I’m going to focus 100% on getting really tight to that big giraffe and when the ball comes over, I’ll outjump him and clatter him in the back with my knee and elbow in one move, see how he likes that. I won’t have players his size to mark in the prison team, that’s for sure..... Just hope the missus is still there when I get out and that Lids doesn’t mind going out of his way to collect me.

Oh :censored:, goal.

:thinking2:

Edited by leeslover

time for some FACTS lol

greegs played nineteen times last season, and we lost eight FACT

he missed thirty six games, of which we lost nine FACT

as soon as he got injured we instantly stopped losing FACT

as soon as he returned we instantly lost FACT

if there is a pillock on this board with a selective memory it aint me FACT

time for some FACTS lol

greegs played nineteen times last season, and we lost eight FACT

he missed thirty six games, of which we lost nine FACT

as soon as he got injured we instantly stopped losing FACT

as soon as he returned we instantly lost FACT

if there is a pillock on this board with a selective memory it aint me FACT

Good point, well made, Daz. I'm with you on this one. Be prepared for your stats to be ignored though.