Gregan [MERGED]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...not his first number fan but he's been a rock for the games he's been playing ths season......but :censored:...he got :censored: today...big time.

shez really needs to open his mind when it comes to tactics....the so called subs he did proved how poor he is to switching things today....rave about millwall all you want but he fecked up super sandwich time today.

It's called being the captain! Look through Shez's comments when he was suspended .... he stated the team missed his bollockings!!!

he won 99% of everything in the air yesterday....yes he got turned a couple of times but on the whole was fine...

there are far more players yesterday who didnt perform if your looking for a scapegoat

he won 99% of everything in the air yesterday....yes he got turned a couple of times but on the whole was fine...

there are far more players yesterday who didnt perform if your looking for a scapegoat

He didn't play badly throughout the game but was clearly switched off for both goals. The first one was absolutely shocking, it's not that hard to figure out that you stand goal side of the 9 foot 17 inch striker when a ball is going to be kicked into the box. I have to suspect that his mind is elsewhere at ther moment.

He didn't play badly throughout the game but was clearly switched off for both goals. The first one was absolutely shocking, it's not that hard to figure out that you stand goal side of the 9 foot 17 inch striker when a ball is going to be kicked into the box. I have to suspect that his mind is elsewhere at ther moment.

What are you implying, Andy?

ok...not his first number fan but he's been a rock for the games he's been playing ths season......but :censored:...he got :censored: today...big time.

shez really needs to open his mind when it comes to tactics....the so called subs he did proved how poor he is to switching things today....rave about millwall all you want but he fecked up super sandwich time today.

I'm afraid the tactics have to change especially at home when our opponents pack the midfield.

Huddersfield did it earlier in the season and now Yeovil and we just don't know how to deal with it!

We've been overun in midfield home and away so many times this season I've lost count..it has to change!!

I'm no expert but would like to see a change and play Taylor in the middle just behind the forwards.

My team would be...

..............Crossley / Flemming

.......Hazell.......Gregan,.....Stam / Byrne

..Eardley..........................................Jones

.................Allott, .........Whittaker

...........................Taylor

.............Allesandra............Hughes

I reckon Taylor is wasted out wide where he is double marked and is less effective, he would cause more trouble behind the front two and holds the ball up much better than most.

Having three in midfield along with 2 wing backs would give us more presence in that area. We could also change it to 4 4 2 at a stroke during a game with Taylor moving wide and Eardley dropping back to full back.

I think it would give us a much more versatile formation.

Opinions please?

I'm afraid the tactics have to change especially at home when our opponents pack the midfield.

Huddersfield did it earlier in the season and now Yeovil and we just don't know how to deal with it!

We've been overun in midfield home and away so many times this season I've lost count..it has to change!!

I'm no expert but would like to see a change and play Taylor in the middle just behind the forwards.

My team would be...

..............Crossley / Flemming

.......Hazell.......Gregan,.....Stam / Byrne

..Eardley..........................................Jones

.................Allott, .........Whittaker

...........................Taylor

.............Allesandra............Hughes

I reckon Taylor is wasted out wide where he is double marked and is less effective, he would cause more trouble behind the front two and holds the ball up much better than most.

Having three in midfield along with 2 wing backs would give us more presence in that area. We could also change it to 4 4 2 at a stroke during a game with Taylor moving wide and Eardley dropping back to full back.

I think it would give us a much more versatile formation.

Opinions please?

Innovative, exciting, doomed to fail as we're rubbish when we try and change from 4-4-2.

But like your thinking!

Innovative, exciting, doomed to fail as we're rubbish when we try and change from 4-4-2.

But like your thinking!

We have to try something different as playing 4 4 2 every week no matter who the opposition is, clearly isn't working!!!

We are far too predictable!!!

we got beat by a team yesterday that had obviously done their homework, they played man to man marking and stopped us from playing out and out football and it worked as we did not have a plan B, something as to change when this happens, we possibly no would have to look at centre mid as this is the only outfield positions Shez as not really tinkered with

we got beat by a team yesterday that had obviously done their homework, they played man to man marking and stopped us from playing out and out football and it worked as we did not have a plan B, something as to change when this happens, we possibly no would have to look at centre mid as this is the only outfield positions Shez as not really tinkered with

For me, we do have a Plan B. Unfortunately, he is currently at Bury!

I take it the 1% was the two goals then? Surprised he didn't have a table cloth, sandwiches and a glass of lemonade laid out on the penalty spot for the 1st goal. As for the 2nd...well...Paul Warne must've been invisible to him when an 80yrd ball was hoofed over his head. I'm finding it laughable that Gregan's getting the support he is TBH...this season he's gone from immense (Leeds etc) to woeful (Hartlepool) and just shocking at times and like it or not he's cost us 3 goals in 7 days (Swindon and both yesterday). Scunny could've been 3 up before we scored...with others bailing him out. How anybody doesn't think Gregan is a liability at present, I just don't understand.

I've said for weeks now, put in a high ball and we're flapping. Gregan and Hazell aren't talking at all. And well, off-the-field if you believe the rumours Gregan's got problems. He doesn't turn bad overnight, but his form has gone! Shez is looking for a striker still...fair enough but priority HAS TO BE a centre back and Gregan needs to be "rested" till he sorts himself out. It's not time for saying "Get rid" or owt like that but it is time to say, we need some cover at the back and fast coz we're nowhere near good enough and our Captain is a big part of it for me.

About time we questioned Gregan's position. Defensively we were more sound last season with the Stam/Trotman and Stam/Hazell parnerships. And if anybody comes up with the crass comment that "Stam makes a mistake and the opposition scores" needs to look at the stats. The defence at the moment looks incredibly dodgy and Gregan does not stand out as a blame free zone. Yes, he shouts a great deal, but does he really organize?

About time we questioned Gregan's position. Defensively we were more sound last season with the Stam/Trotman and Stam/Hazell parnerships. And if anybody comes up with the crass comment that "Stam makes a mistake and the opposition scores" needs to look at the stats. The defence at the moment looks incredibly dodgy and Gregan does not stand out as a blame free zone. Yes, he shouts a great deal, but does he really organize?

Or was last season's back 4 better shielded by McDonald, whereas Whitaker is a more creative, attacking player?

Interesting call this one.

I think Gregan/Hazell should be first choice, but Gregan is well and truly off his game at the moment.

Edited by opinions4u

Well at least we've got that sorted then.

Every goal we have conceeded and every defeat we have endured are down to Gregan.

At least we've got 10 brilliant/faultless/blameless players on the field.

Given that I'm surprised we are winning more often.

The post is about Gregan and his poor form AT THE MOMENT. Nobody is saying the rest of the team are blameless but on Saturday he was the nearest defender to both goalscorers.

Funny this, I didnt go to the game but when I read the report in the paper and it said Free header for the first I said straight away, bet thats Gregans doing. Been happening alot of late.

Ive just watched the highlights on Virgins web site and both goals were shockers. he about stops twice chasing for the second goal likes hes given up. First header he was about 4yards from his man.