I must admit were are very accomodating to say the least regarding our loan players. We have given Bury and Stockport permission to play both O'Grady and Davies in the 1st round of the FA Cup.

Apparantly we have been trying all week to seek permission to play Ormerod but so far with no success.

We are without Hughes this weekend due to suspension and If we were to lose him to an injury next week and fail to get anybody in we would be up s**t creak without a paddle.

I just can't understand why we have loaned two strikers out at such a busy stage of the season when we ourselves are short of forwards.

Very strange, all I can think of is that if we were to get offers for the pair them, we would be willing to let them go.

Opinions anybody?

I must admit were are very accomodating to say the least regarding our loan players. We have given Bury and Stockport permission to play both O'Grady and Davies in the 1st round of the FA Cup.

Apparantly we have been trying all week to seek permission to play Ormerod but so far with no success.

We are without Hughes this weekend due to suspension and If we were to lose him to an injury next week and fail to get anybody in we would be up s**t creak without a paddle.

I just can't understand why we have loaned two strikers out at such a busy stage of the season when we ourselves are short of forwards.

Very strange, all I can think of is that if we were to get offers for the pair them, we would be willing to let them go.

Opinions anybody?

All aspects agreed!!

This does appear to contradict what Simon was saying on LW the other day.

If Davies is only at Stockport for 1st team experience and 'to take points off our real rivals' why would he be alklowed to get cup tied.

If the intention was for him to come back, we would not want to reduce how often we can use him when he does.

This does appear to contradict what Simon was saying on LW the other day.

If Davies is only at Stockport for 1st team experience and 'to take points off our real rivals' why would he be alklowed to get cup tied.

If the intention was for him to come back, we would not want to reduce how often we can use him when he does.

So you reckon we're going to beat Cheltenham on Saturday then!!!

yeah i think that wiv lewis and deano up front we can beat cheltenham and then for all the doom  and gloom merchants hughesy will be back for rounds 2 and 3

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Doubt it - didn't anyone tell you, we've got no strikers :wink:

I think that for whatever reason Shez really doesn't think it's for the best to have CD around at the moment, and maybe Stockport insisted as part of the deal? I think he sees COG as one for the future, but maybe not ready to play much of a part anyway if we were to get through to the 3rd round and get a big draw.

I think it was wrong to loan out davies in the first place, never mind giving him Cup clearance. Its crazy. We were all raving at the size and potential quality of our squad at the beginning of the season, and yet now weve shipped half of them out and brought people in on loan that arent fit, or cant play half the time. Madness.

I can only hope theres a reason behind it all and we are infact planning the loan of someone very good, like bret ormerod......hang on....

I think it was wrong to loan out davies in the first place, never mind giving him Cup clearance. Its crazy. We were all raving at the size and potential quality of our squad at the beginning of the season, and yet now weve shipped half of them out and brought people in on loan that arent fit, or cant play half the time. Madness.

I can only hope theres a reason behind it all and we are infact planning the loan of someone very good, like bret ormerod......hang on....

he has been loaned out due to his difference of opinions with the manager over his inability to turn up for training on time and sulking for getting fined for his red card at rochdale....he is seen as a bad influence around the club......as far as im concerned he has played his last game for us,deal will be struck in january. move on.

he has been loaned out due to his difference of opinions with the manager over his inability to turn up for training on time and sulking for getting fined for his red card at rochdale....he is seen as a bad influence around the club......as far as im concerned he has played his last game for us,deal will be struck in january. move on.

Strange how Corney, in his very vocal and open interview, failed to mention any of this. You would have thought he would have had his say on the matter.

Then again it could all be bollox.

Is that based on fact or speculation? Seems along time time to wait after the `dale inccident to take action?

I agree that Davies probably has played his last game for us.

Giving him clearance to play in the cup for Stockport I think is to assist in a permanent deal being struck in January.

He definately has ability and potential but I think he is one of those players who will never realise it or fulfill it.