The Tommy Wright Interview [merged]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad to say it, and I really do mean it, If Shez and Tommy get sacked when we are in such a good position, I would be boycotting next season. If we were to slip below mid-table, I could understand it, at the moment, there is no way the manager should be sacked.

Is that the only circumstance a manager and coach should be sacked? I don't believe they'll be sacked just yet, I don't believe for one moment its on the cards nor do I want it to be. However I do believe some things need addressing. The fact drinking is allowed so readily is a major one. When a player accepts being a professional by signing that contract he should be made very aware that by doing so he gives up what you and I expect as our right to get smashed. It shouldn't be allowed that players feel free and comfy to post up pictures every week on facebook with bottles of booze in the hands (Bottles...not one) in nightclubs.

Edited by Lags

I want all concerned to have a major meeting thrash out their differences, point out whats expected and accepted and all pull in a common direction and move this club forward. Now if any of the participants cannot do that or unwilling to do that, then they must be allowed to leave. Simple.

Guest sheridans_world

No and I accept it isnt the only circumstances. In short, I'm sick of Corney's outbursts and inturn their effect on the team and management staff, enough pressure is on them already, without making their jobs harder by de-motivating the squad.

No and I accept it isnt the only circumstances. In short, I'm sick of Corney's outbursts and inturn their effect on the team and management staff, enough pressure is on them already, without making their jobs harder by de-motivating the squad.

It's managers job to motivate and man manage. It's the managers job to ensure professionalism within the entire squad of players. It's the managers job to get it all right with good squad assembly, preparation of that squad and squad disipline. That's what he's paid to do, not tell the lads well done were top of the league within the first quarter and tell them to go out that night and enjoy it.

As Corney said-it's the team that's demotivating itself by losing games to sides we should, when all is taken into account, be beating.

How refreshing, and what a contrast to the hopeless, hand-wringing approach of the Stott/Lees/Brierley years, and the two-facedness of their deranged successor, that we have owners who feel like many of the fans. Perhaps Corney feels that, after all the TTA have put into the club, the players ought to be trying to match that commitment instead of letting yet another season go theway of all the others. It isn't too much to ask a squad assembled at considerable cost for this level of the game to go that extra mile and actually try to do something for their club and for their own careers, instead of being content to be mediocre also-rans. They are paid handsomely for a cushy lifestyle doing something they presumably love, yet most footballers rarely stray out of their comfort zone.

Enough of this crying, Tommy. I find it difficult to like him, but a bit of the Roy Keane spirit is what's needed at Boundary park right now, not this whining. Now you know what it's like to have employers who share our disappointment and frustration with eternal mediocrity and failure.

PS From top of the league to seventh and almost out of the cup to perennial relegation candidates from our own divison when we need a good cup run for financial reasons, is not 'doing well.'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

He's done it once - keep a perspective. (Although that's something that many on here don't seem to understand as a concept)

Whilst TTA have every right to say what they want they should do it in private to the players and staff not through the media.

Nothing worse than getting slagged off in public.

TTA obviously do business this way because we had similar rantings by them over Porter and Killen leaving.

Can only cause unrest in the longterm and i feel this is the begining of the end as things are at BP.

Maybe thats what they want but i think they have done it as a kick up the backside , unfortunatley i fear it will come back to haunt them.

Hardy should have known better.

Surely the point is that there would be nothing said by supporters, media, management or owners to "demotivate" players;

IF they were putting in consistent performances, instead of giving the appearance that they're only prepared to do their job when they consider the opposition is worthy of them;

IF those players not in the team were seen by all concerned to be working their nuts off to challenge for a place;

IF the squad, which was built to provide cover for every position, was seen to have bonded with a spirit to take on all comers, week ater week; and

IF the performances were so consistent that attendances were increasing towards the break-even figure.

Surely the point is that there would be nothing said by supporters, media, management or owners to "demotivate" players;

IF they were putting in consistent performances, instead of giving the appearance that they're only prepared to do their job when they consider the opposition is worthy of them;

IF those players not in the team were seen by all concerned to be working their nuts off to challenge for a place;

IF the squad, which was built to provide cover for every position, was seen to have bonded with a spirit to take on all comers, week ater week; and

IF the performances were so consistent that attendances were increasing towards the break-even figure.

Frame that one too. It's the truth of the matter.

With the way that professional footballers are coddled these days, you'd swear that the football authorities and clubs think they've got sensitive children, requiring constant love and soft-soaping, on their hands. In actual fact, while the game does have plenty of thoughtful and decent characters involved, as we know from our own experience, the average footballer is a small-brained, know nothing yobbo who is laughing all the way to the bank-and laughing at the dumbo fans who idolise them. Even at this mediocre level of the game.

Make them play for their money Simon, and carry on telling it like it is.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Well that solves the problem, lets de-motivate a team that is already de-motivated because they are playing so in-consistantly!

If the can't take the truth they should get out of the game.

If they don't want to be slated, they should make more effort to rise above mediocrity. Corney is clearly sick of shelling out his own cash only to see the players content to let another season go down the chute with the rest.

Maybe I've missed something here but I didn't realise that when you signed for Oldham you had to take Monastic vows. Why shouldn't they go out and enjoy themselves if they're not in training the next day?

It's called beimg professional and in the best shape possible. Ever noticed how men tend to get beer bellies? Drinking does need lend itself to fitness.

I'm sad to say it, and I really do mean it, If Shez and Tommy get sacked when we are in such a good position, I would be boycotting next season. If we were to slip below mid-table, I could understand it, at the moment, there is no way the manager should be sacked.

6 points from 27 available........last seasons top scorer loaned out and allowed to play in the fa cup.........a manager that dithers around so much if he does identify a suitable target we miss out.....players comming in on loan who are no better than the players already at the club when were supposed to have a squad for all permatations.....

game preperation.....and saying one thing and doing another...

yes we maybe 7th in the league,but current form suggests otherwise.

i think the majority of fans are willing to accept a defeat if the style and manner of football played are of decent standard and effort,and that you can see there trying there hardest and best....but to roll over and lose to a yeovil side that are hardly a team of world beaters is unacceptable....as well as the other games were we have lost and people are saying we looked dissinterested and so on....

if tommy wright cant handle the truth hes in the wrong job.....i would be more inclined to go in the dressing room and say right...you heard what our own director is saying...well were not having it,lets go out there and show them just how wrong they are......but they didnt....we gave away sloppy goals again.....and put themself in line for a rollicking again.....we got a draw out of it eventually....but next time we may not be so lucky.

3 big games coming up for that opinion then buddy - because if we play like we have been doing, we will lose our next two games comfortably and be out of the cup. Definitely below mid-table, and then your prophesy may come true.

There is no way Sheridan should be sacked now, but i'll say it again - he needs to show he has learned something over the past two seasons, and seriously change things for saturday. If he blindly sticks to 442, an underperforming midfield and formation, and thinks by signing yet another striker will magically bail him out then he is sadly mistaken.

As has been said here, the management need to stop moaning and do something about it. prove to us they are the right people for the job instead of making the same stupid mistakes, and getting the basics of football all wrong.

I fear for the result on saturday - I really do, not only will N'hants work thier socks off, they are strong and have good players. If we get battered in midfield again... well, I might just take a note from you book and boycott the rest of this season....well, i wont, I'll still be there... but I will be mightily racked off if we get outplayed in the middle of the park yet again.

I fear for the result on saturday - I really do, not only will N'hants work thier socks off, they are strong and have good players. If we get battered in midfield again... well, I might just take a note from you book and boycott the rest of this season....well, i wont, I'll still be there... but I will be mightily racked off if we get outplayed in the middle of the park yet again.

Saturday's game would have been very difficult even if we had been playing well. On current form, a draw would be a good result. The trouble is that with the current form equating to that of a relegation team, a point will be seen by many as not good enough.

I wonder how Simon Corney will feel reading that, after he sacked a previous manager to keep the fans happy? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Yet he's meant to be the only one to keep quiet while everyone else in the world shouts their mouths off and makes threats to harm the club if they don't have it their own way? Bollocks.

I third, or fifth, the admiration of CJ's words.

I'm starting to get worried now.

Not only are several posters agreeing with CJ, I'm even finding myself in agreement with him.

What the hell is going on?

I think the mods need to take a long hard look at this thread as quite clearly something is not right. :moderator:

Cheers,

Harry

I twelftieth Corporal Jones wise words.

Tell you what these pampered players, they don't like it up 'em...

Truth is, along the lines of what is said, the past few seasons we have players that can rise to the occaison, but get all flaccid when playing the teams at the bottom end. Not just Sheridan, but Talbot as well, and others before them.

If we were in the commons with the "very well paid muppets" i'd be stood up, waving my papers in the air, shouting rhubarb. The corp is right...to much money is shelled out to some of these guys for very little in return at the moment. An arm around the odd player from time to time is probably normal, but to be breast feeding half a squad must be pretty frustrating for SC and TTA.