The Tommy Wright Interview [merged]

Has this interview been pulled from the world site, can't find it anywhere.

It's still there, but the 'explosive' interview with Simon and Alan has been. Perhas there was a 'discussion' between coaching staff and management and it was decided to ask Stu to pull that interview to draw a line.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why is Tommy's rant ok to be still there? Professional prima donna's....if they don't like stick then they can always pull their fingers out and at least go down fighting. Us the fans will still be going through thick and thin, it's about time the players and coaching staff got the same mentallity.

There's been some strange goings on of late. A couple of loan moves in and out which don't seem to have done us any favours and obviously the Gregan incident.

The explosive interview with criticism of Hughes and Gregan, then Tommy doing the playing staffs side with no word from Shez. As has been said right now the relationship looks quite difficult and right now I can only see one conclusion.

It'd be sad if it was to happen. I think Shez is the right manager for us but some of the decisions of late have become more and more baffling and at times worrying too. What exactly did we set out for on Saturday. We were all over the show until we reached half time.

There's been some strange goings on of late. A couple of loan moves in and out which don't seem to have done us any favours and obviously the Gregan incident.

The explosive interview with criticism of Hughes and Gregan, then Tommy doing the playing staffs side with no word from Shez. As has been said right now the relationship looks quite difficult and right now I can only see one conclusion.

It'd be sad if it was to happen. I think Shez is the right manager for us but some of the decisions of late have become more and more baffling and at times worrying too. What exactly did we set out for on Saturday. We were all over the show until we reached half time.

Says that Shez is ill in the rarely wrong, that's why TW did the post match interview.

KtF,

Derek.

Says that Shez is ill in the rarely wrong, that's why TW did the post match interview.

KtF,

Derek.

It also quotes Tommy in these extracts:

“There has been a lot of negativity around the place and you’ve got to remember we are seventh in the league. The players don’t deserve this criticism.

“Me and John feel like we are bottom of the league. With everyone that has gone on, it feels like we are adrift.

“There have been grumblings in the dressing room and, to be honest, it wasn’t easy to lift the players.

“There has been a negative feeling because a lot of the lads saw it (Mr Corney’s interview) and those things shouldn’t have been said.

“Me and John are positive that if everyone sticks together we’ve got a chance of promotion. It’s very disappointing and way out of order.”

“There has been a lot of negativity around the place and you’ve got to remember we are seventh in the league. The players don’t deserve this criticism.

“Me and John feel like we are bottom of the league. With everyone that has gone on, it feels like we are adrift.

“There have been grumblings in the dressing room and, to be honest, it wasn’t easy to lift the players.

“There has been a negative feeling because a lot of the lads saw it (Mr Corney’s interview) and those things shouldn’t have been said.

“Me and John are positive that if everyone sticks together we’ve got a chance of promotion. It’s very disappointing and way out of order.”

He also said that he didn't fancy Chris Taylor to score the penalty!!!

Preparation comes to mind once again... penalties are a big part of the game and when one comes along you really have to take advantage.

Apparently there was a debate on the pitch about who was going to take it!!! Surely, It should be decided before a ball is kicked who's going to take penalties.

so it is the interview then. im very, very suprised. looks like our period of insight, into the workings of the minds of the owners is over. hope the players will be ok if he feels the need to bollock them in private, soft twits.

all those who boo, you definatley need to stop it now we know just how thin the skin is.

KtF,

Derek.

Good job really because I think Shez would have been even worse than Tommy. He's always maintained that he wants the best for his players and when under criticism has asked the fans to bollock him rather than them. God knows what he thinks about the owners digging at some of them now too.

I posted last week that it was wrong of Mr. Corney to air his dirty laundry in public. All this has done is alienate the coaching staff and players at the club from the owners and the fans. This will only end one way now and I for one will be very sad :disappointed:

It doesn't have to end in a sad way at all. Everyone at the club can now sit down and discuss the situation and emerge with one common goal again. Get the situation sorted and move forward with a common purpose and energy. Or as you say end one way and don't take the chance now on offer to stop the drinking, the lazing and all pull together for the greater good.

we've got a bunch (all though to small) of hardcore loyal fans who think Shez is a legend here and great owners who've never let us down. We've got players that we know can beat the best in this league. So we've got a fantastic chance now to draw a line, get everything right to be professional and move forward together.

Edited by Lags

He also said that he didn't fancy Chris Taylor to score the penalty!!!

Preparation comes to mind once again... penalties are a big part of the game and when one comes along you really have to take advantage.

Apparently there was a debate on the pitch about who was going to take it!!! Surely, It should be decided before a ball is kicked who's going to take penalties.

Taylor, Whitaker and Jones debated who should take it, but Taylor was not going to let either of the others have the ball. :grin:

It doesn't have to end in a sad way at all. Everyone at the club can now sit down and discuss the situation and emerge with one common goal again. Get the situation sorted and move forward with a common purpose and energy. Or as you say end one way and don't take the chance now on offer to stop the drinking, the lazing and all pull together for the greater good.

we've got a bunch (all though to small) of hardcore loyal fans who think Shez is a legend here and great owners who've never let us down. We've got players that we know can beat the best in this league. So we've got a fantastic chance now to draw a line, get everything right to be professional and move forward together.

Exactly my thoughts too! Someone once said: 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going' - that's what we need now - all pulling in the same direction.

The last six weeks have been diffcult to take because of the preceeding two months being so successful - that's why we are concerned. Starting with Stockport we have played 8 games winning 2 (against the teams at the top and the bottom of the league...) drawn 2 and lost 4. But more significantly we have not shown a true spirit or cohesiveness in many of the games. We proved against a good Scunthorpe team and a good Leicester side that we can compete.

I will be there on Saturday at Northampton - a mere 90 minutes from where I live - let's hope that the other 90 minutes proves worthwhile.

I thought of a good slogan that we should all adopt: 'Keep the Faith' - Has a certain ring to it doesn't it? B)

From discussions at half-time on Saturday, it appeared to me that that bunch would have fitted easily into a phone box!

I have to say that much doom and gloom surrounded Saturday's game before kick-off. The shambolic appearance of the Club could have been nullified if it had been stated on the OS that Ormerod had broken his toe and O'Grady was not being allowed to play for Bury in the Cup.

Exactly my thoughts too! Someone once said: 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going' - that's what we need now - all pulling in the same direction.

The last six weeks have been diffcult to take because of the preceeding two months being so successful - that's why we are concerned. Starting with Stockport we have played 8 games winning 2 (against the teams at the top and the bottom of the league...) drawn 2 and lost 4. But more significantly we have not shown a true spirit or cohesiveness in many of the games. We proved against a good Scunthorpe team and a good Leicester side that we can compete.

I will be there on Saturday at Northampton - a mere 90 minutes from where I live - let's hope that the other 90 minutes proves worthwhile.

I thought of a good slogan that we should all adopt: 'Keep the Faith' - Has a certain ring to it doesn't it? B)

A big hand for TheBigDog. :applause1:

I'm more than happy to do that.......I just hope Mr. Corney does that too and stops slagging the coaching staff and players off in the media :unsure:

He's done it once - keep a perspective. (Although that's something that many on here don't seem to understand as a concept)

QUOTE(Diego_Sideburns @ Nov 10 2008, 13:07 PM)

If players can't be lifted for an F.A cup tie (or any other game for that matter) I would question are they the type of player the club needs ?

Exactly my thoughts too! Someone once said: 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going'

Billy Ocean wasn't it? :lol:

If players can't be lifted for an F.A cup tie (or any other game for that matter) I would question are they the type of player the club needs ?

I don't know about that, look at Spurs - one week they're not fit to wear the shirts on their backs - now with a change of management, they're playing like men possessed.

Guest sheridans_world
After reading the Chron, I can see Shez and Tommy going out the door soon.

As much as I dont want this, a defeat on Saturday might just end Shez's reign.

I'm sad to say it, and I really do mean it, If Shez and Tommy get sacked when we are in such a good position, I would be boycotting next season. If we were to slip below mid-table, I could understand it, at the moment, there is no way the manager should be sacked.

I'm sad to say it, and I really do mean it, If Shez and Tommy get sacked when we are in such a good position, I would be boycotting next season. If we were to slip below mid-table, I could understand it, at the moment, there is no way the manager should be sacked.

Would they be fired, or would they walk out?