• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to hear tommy's thoughts on latics world,

'things have been said which were bang out of order'

'Hard to lift the players'

'Rumblings in the dressing room'

seems the staff didnt take too kindly to the interview by corney and hardy..

Yeah, some telling stuff in that interview. The main thing I was worried about was that it looks clearly like Tommy's had a big fat line of peruvian nose candy before conducting that interview. :grin:

to hear tommy's thoughts on latics world,

'things have been said which were bang out of order'

'Hard to lift the players'

'Rumblings in the dressing room'

seems the staff didnt take too kindly to the interview by corney and hardy..

If i am being honest i thought Simon was a complete t*sser in the interview with his comments calling Gregan and the rest of the team. He's supposed to be supporting the club not slating the team at the first opportunity. He does have every right to express his opinions obviously but to be that critical was out of order.

Fair play to Tommy for sticking up for the team and well done to the lads today.

Edited by dec666

i find it funny that the billy big bollocks members of the staff, cant take it when the real big bollocks says it how it is

it certainly licked em into shape today, and no eardley, liddell and only one half for gregan. what a good half too. and we coped well.

'Things that have been said about players this past week were quite out of order... they didn't deserve the criticisms they got'

Tommy sounds quite angry, perhaps reflects Shez's feelings and explains why he didn't do the post-match interview.

'Things that have been said about players this past week were quite out of order... they didn't deserve the criticisms they got'

Tommy sounds quite angry, perhaps reflects Shez's feelings and explains why he didn't do the post-match interview.

Been away....is this interview only avilable on latics world ? (Simon one)

Edited by oafc0000

Been away....is this interview only avilable on latics world ? (Simon one)

but at the end of the day mr corney pays the wages....he employs shez and his assistants to run train and produce a winning team with the resources he has given them....

if they arent doing what they are very nicely paid to do as owner and wage payer he has a right to express his concern....i havent got a problem with that.

wether or not it should have been done public or private...is an entirely different matter.

but at the end of the day mr corney pays the wages....he employs shez and his assistants to run train and produce a winning team with the resources he has given them....

if they arent doing what they are very nicely paid to do as owner and wage payer he has a right to express his concern....i havent got a problem with that.

wether or not it should have been done public or private...is an entirely different matter.

Interestingly, it look as though they've pulled that 'explosive' interview with Simon and Alan - can't find it on LW. Perhaps they want to draw a line?

Ok, owners are entitled to express their views on the team but some discretion is required when speaking in public. Calling Hughsey 'stupid' for being sent off and ruling himself out of cup tie is OTT, surely?

Interestingly, it look as though they've pulled that 'explosive' interview with Simon and Alan - can't find it on LW. Perhaps they want to draw a line?

Ok, owners are entitled to express their views on the team but some discretion is required when speaking in public. Calling Hughsey 'stupid' for being sent off and ruling himself out of cup tie is OTT, surely?

why is it ott.....mr corney is thinking along the lines of this game is a cash bonus that could bring much needed revenus to the club and maybe just maybe extra funds for the transfer window.

as mr corney pays hughes wages he can voice his opinion of his number one striker acting foolishly getting himself booked and missing such an important game...i havent got a problem with it......

but like i said there is a time and a place and maybe it might have been better to have been said behind closed doors,but unfortunately or fortunately depending on which way you look at it...mr corney is passionate about our club and its fans,and is prone to go off on one when he thinks its warrented....i would rather have this than an owner who says one thing then sells the club and players from under you leaving us up :censored: creek.

At first I thought Corney was spot on for speaking his mind the other day but now I'm not too sure. The most contrasting thing was Tommy admitting it took a lot to get the players heads up, and connected that with the words which were said (seemingly by SC).

Players are very much lads that breed on confidence. Being beaten by :censored:ty stick by the co-owner in public will probably do more damage in the long run I think.

i find it funny that the billy big bollocks members of the staff, cant take it when the real big bollocks says it how it is

I think the players and staff are big enough to take criticism on the chin just not out in public for everyone too hear these matters should be kept behind closed doors. Genuinely sounds worrying if this is happening Simon could have created a wedge between the owners and the players and staff, hope this isn't the case and any differences are sorted out quickly because we have to have eveybody's nose pointing in the same direction for us to achieve anything we can't have any infighting it will be counter productive.

It was obvious there was tensions yesterday between players, I think Sheridan has to look at whether to play Gregan in the next few games as you can't have a player taking his problems onto the pitch. I think a meeting is required at the club between all the staff, iron out the problems with what has been said on both sides.

Sorry Tommy you want your say and want to condemn the fans and paymasters for having theirs. Yes of course you'll stand by the players that are having a rough time (privately as well as on the pitch) just like the paymesters who keep writing the cheques and us fans paying our money to attend the matches. The fans and paymasters have and will continue to back you and the palyers of that there's no doubt, however in return we want and need 90 mins a game of top effort.

It's ok for Shez to do his peice on LW telling us all that he isn't happy and will not stand for performances from certain players in given games and it's not acceptable. That he knows whats wrong and will put it right....make no mistake about it, I'll put it right...and so on and so on. It's the kind of Rhetoric thats gets tired and becomes useless unless a change is seen. The past 2 months have been poor to be kind and lets not kid ourselves or hide behind whats been said within the club and publically this week.....it's been 2 months not a week! OK I'll accept that football tends to wash its dirty clothes in house which is unique along with politcs thats it's a public specticle yet its accepted that the real decisions are private. Perhaps maybe yes it's upset the coaching staff and players, but it needed to be said for me. Those that made the 600 miles trek to both Swindon and Bristol Rovers weren't spared the upset and these are the sides thats the bread and butter of promotion winners. We've proved we can win the top sides, so whats going wrong at the less glamour games? and who ultimately is responsible? the players? the coaching staff? the fans? or the paymasters? I'll let you reading this decide.

Whats been said as been said, it's time to put it to bed and all start to pull in the one direction again. That includes all us brothers on here too. We're either on the same side or we can be emenies!

:grin:

Wrighty was very angry in his interview and you can see big problems have developed within, unless all parties get together, and soon, I can see only one outcome.

This season has mirrored that of previous seasons, the only difference has been the timing of the inevitable bad run. I think that this season Sheridan has again shown a lack of

leadership / man-management and is probably the main reason for our continued lack of consistency.

However, for us to change the manager mid season would be a disaster and I think you could kiss goodbye to any hopes of promotion.

I really want Shez to be successful here as he's one of us ie. he has a history with the club.

He's a legend at BP and for him to go under these circumstances would be a real shame.

The 'Explosive interview' on LW was probably designed to kick ar** but ended up being a total disaster for the club.

I should imagine every word of it were true and they were only saying what we were all thinking, however, it should have come out within the confines of Boundary Park.

The coaching staff and players are now under immense pressure and, unfortunately, I fear there will be only one outcome if we don't get our act together over the next few games.