Chaddy End shut

Indeed they are, and I feel many have been for quite a while. It wouldn't surprise me if a fair few use this as that excuse though (as it has more kudos than "Well they're crap")

Perhaps everyone attending the Cheltenham game could be given a voucher entitling them to two tickets for a game against someone regarded as a big club by those who stay away. :unsure:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps everyone attending the Cheltenham game could be given a voucher entitling them to two tickets for a game against someone regarded as a big club by those who stay away. :unsure:

Or a free pie and pint for those attending the next evening match?

Oddly, I was thinking of going in the Chaddy End for this game!

Or a free pie and pint for those attending the next evening match?

It would'nt be viable to heat up say 3,000 pies and pour that many pints. What about the poor sods like jolly at an evening match when England aren't playing. There he is in a massive queue, waiting patiently to buy his pie and pint to put money in the coffers, and missing what's happening on the pitch.

Guest oa_exile
..and god forbid you want some food or a drink without starting to queue with 15mins of the first half left; or that you would like to sit in your seat to watch the game without having some yo-yoing numpty up and down every thirty seconds in front of you.

'Superior facilities' my left nut!

KtF,

Derek.

'Superior facilities' my left nut!

:shock: Thought their was something strange and chewy in my steak pie at the Yeovil game :sign0068:

I always thought Daddies was quite a reliable sauce, not sure what it's thoughts on the chaddy end are though.

Not relished as much as Branston! It's thoughts on the Chaddy are, like other B.A.L.L.S., anything to help the Club out of a pickle., but not to be taken as a precedent, which would leave a vinegar taste in the mouth.

I will go to the game, but will I think the club ignores how much football fans are animals of routine. Not sitting your normal stand is something that many fans dislike (me inlcuded) and could well put people off what lets be honest is not the most enticing of games.

Season Ticket holders have to fork out a purple drinking voucher to get in;

its a night match which are more inconvienient for some (me included - work in Yorkshire and getting back for a game is always tight after work);

Its likely to be a typical ISZ night - for which if feel the RRE is not as enticing as the Chaddy;

Cheltenham at home is hardly a glamour fixture.

So to make this decision is an interesting one. Its the clear gamble that they will lose less (and lets be honest there are some that will not go becuase of this) than then save from not opening the Chaddy. For me this pure financial saving should be weighed against the 'loss of good will' cost than some fans will feel.

OK - some of us will think that thee fans are over-reacting and being petty, but the fact that it will p*ss people off is a fact. And one that could cost the club more in the long run.

I for one will still go and take the opportunity to watch the game from an unusal perspective - but it won't feel right, like when you get in a hire car and find the controls just the little bit in the wrong place.

Guest sheridans_world

I wonder which fans were consulted...

Think I'll be giving this game a miss considering the chaddy is shut and the tickets are at full price - shame chaddy enders dont get a relocation discount.

It would'nt be viable to heat up say 3,000 pies and pour that many pints. What about the poor sods like jolly at an evening match when England aren't playing. There he is in a massive queue, waiting patiently to buy his pie and pint to put money in the coffers, and missing what's happening on the pitch.

From what i've seen lately, "except scunny" i would'nt be missing much ! Although i'll be there as usual except if i'm double booked :grin:

So from promotions to get people in the ground to closing another stand?

What is with the U turn? Just over a week ago the club was willing to lose money to get people in the ground and behind the team and now they dont give a s**t?

Why not try and get people in the ground, get behind the team rather than having half a ground? Having half a ground is going to be piss poor.

I'm quite certain most of the important decisions at the club are made by the flip of a coin.

Go on then how many do you think will be bothered on a Tuesday night against Chelts? 3000 tops is my guess.

2.016 attended the Paint Pot Trophy game at a two-sided BP, but this is the magic of the F.A. Cup, with the Club hopefully fielding a stronger team. Cheltenham won't bring many and I would expect about 3,500.

There will be many sat at home willing the team to get through this and the Morecambe game, so that they can watch with great interest the third round draw to be played on a date they have been keeping free in their diaries.

Five o'clock on Saturday I was relieved that we had managed to get a replay.

Five minutes later I was gutted when I realised I would be in Tenerife next week. Still no worry a quick word with Mrs Dowd and I assured her that we could be back to Oldham and return to Tenerife in less than 18 hours to take in the game.

Then we find that the Chaddy is closed. Well thats the final straw. She says thats :curtains: for that idea . There's no way she says that shes coming back from Tenerife to sit in the away end or the morgue on the side (no she wasn't referring to the Lookers) :disappointed::sign0003: She accused me of being some sort of :jester: to even suggest that we not go in the Chaddy End.

So it looks like I'll have to pop down to surfers bar next Tuesday night to watch Sky soccer special and down a couple or so pints of the local brew. :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Cheers,

Harry

:chaddy:

2.016 attended the Paint Pot Trophy game at a two-sided BP, but this is the magic of the F.A. Cup, with the Club hopefully fielding a stronger team. Cheltenham won't bring many and I would expect about 3,500.

There will be many sat at home willing the team to get through this and the Morecambe game, so that they can watch with great interest the third round draw to be played on a date they have been keeping free in their diaries.

You can count me in that number DS! I have deliberately extended my Christmas/NY holiday visit for either Udders away or 3rd round of the Cup but I won't be there for the Cheltenham replay as:

1) They shut the Chaddy on me

2) It's a night match and I'll be at work...

3) ...4,651 miles (Great Circle Distance) away :grin:

PS If I were a pedant I would point (excuse the pun) out that you wrote 2.016 instead of 2,016... Surely the P*** Pot was not that bad of a draw...?

Edited by martjs

You can count me in that number DS! I have deliberately extended my Christmas/NY holiday visit for either Udders away or 3rd round of the Cup but I won't be there for the Cheltenham replay as:

1) They shut the Chaddy on me

2) It's a night match and I'll be at work...

3) ...4,651 miles (Great Circle Distance) away :grin:

How dare the Club prevent someone who is rarely in the UK, because he lives and works in the USA, from attending BP by closing the Chaddy! Sack the Board!!

Five o'clock on Saturday I was relieved that we had managed to get a replay.

Five minutes later I was gutted when I realised I would be in Tenerife next week.

Dates to pencil in your diary:

Second round replay - 9th/10th December

Third round replay - 13th/14th Jan

Fourth round replay - 3rd/4th Feb

Fifth round replay - 24th/25th Feb

Sixth round replay - 17th/18th Mar

I can't be arsed to check whether replays have been abolished at any stage. Best to pencil it in than to be sorry later.

Dates to pencil in your diary:

Second round replay - 9th/10th December

Third round replay - 13th/14th Jan

Fourth round replay - 3rd/4th Feb

Fifth round replay - 24th/25th Feb

Sixth round replay - 17th/18th Mar

I can't be arsed to check whether replays have been abolished at any stage. Best to pencil it in than to be sorry later.

I thought I was being clever as Mrs Dowds birthday is 22nd November and I thought going Sunday to Sunday would have us back in time for the Warsaw game on Tuesday 26th.

When perusing the fixture list I totally forgot about FA cup replay possibilities which are not detailed on the OS fixtures page. :stupid:

Cheers,

Harry

When perusing the fixture list I totally forgot about FA cup replay possibilities which are not detailed on the OS fixtures page. :stupid:

I appreciate that not everyone has as much time on their hands as me. Once I had to miss a ZDS Cup game when I was double booked in the rat race of a working life. The consequential piss taken out of me resulted in my entering cup-tie dates and replay dates in the diary for the Paint Pot Trophy, League and F.A. Cups. You will appreciate that many pages in my diary have a lot of entries deleted.

I thought I was being clever as Mrs Dowds birthday is 22nd November and I thought going Sunday to Sunday would have us back in time for the Warsaw game on Tuesday 26th.

Cheers,

Harry

Do you work at the club Harry D??????