All things Hughes, liability, offside, sending off

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n702106199_1147190_7492.jpg

This was the Hughes offside (2nd goal) and I must admit I am still not 100%

I don’t think he is offside, as this picture was taken slightly after the ball was played and Hughes was even further back, NO offside for me if money was involved.

There are however luminous folk in the background which IMO if the Lino is looking at the player passing the ball cause uncertainty in his peripheral vision.

Not helped by one or two safety stewards (who were in yellow) wandering the line.

Right or Wrong discuss.

If a lino is going to give him offside because there are 5 people wearing luminous yellow 5 yards past the far corner of the pitch, who the lino thinks are all players then he should never ever officiate again!

If a lino is going to give him offside because there are 5 people wearing luminous yellow 5 yards past the far corner of the pitch, who the lino thinks are all players then he should never ever officiate again!

How would they be deemed to be interfering with play?

Back to Hughesy.......he's one of a few players in the game, where controversy is going to follow him.., silly bookings yes....should he know better...yes......would you change the way he plays....NAH!!! As 1 or 2 have said, it's the way he plays, you take the rough with the smooth with these type of players,as long as he continues to deliver - which he is doing, it's something we'll be putting up with.

Back to Hughesy.......he's one of a few players in the game, where controversy is going to follow him.., silly bookings yes....should he know better...yes......would you change the way he plays....NAH!!! As 1 or 2 have said, it's the way he plays, you take the rough with the smooth with these type of players,as long as he continues to deliver - which he is doing, it's something we'll be putting up with.

Sorry but this is all bollocks...for the simple reason that he didn't need to do it all last season but was the same player! Yeah, he did still provide some antics ala Millwall away and sailed close to the wind but this season he's become a joke with it! Great player but a prick too. I'm sick of talking about his handling of the ball week in week out! If he wants the ball in his hand then fook off and play basketball Lee!!! He's been allowed to get away with these yellows for too long now and it's finally, as it always would, lead to suspensions and this rection from fans.

Highlighted line conveniently being ignored by the "change the way he plays, change the player he is" brigade......

Maybe we should be forgiving Joey Barton for who he is, coz he could be the next England superstar.......

Where's the line on stupidity and petulance drawn? I could suggest, but think I'd be called crass if I did!

Highlighted line conveniently being ignored by the "change the way he plays, change the player he is" brigade......

Maybe we should be forgiving Joey Barton for who he is, coz he could be the next England superstar.......

Where's the line on stupidity and petulance drawn? I could suggest, but think I'd be called AN ASS! if I did!

don't be so hard on y'self pal! :wink:

I've already addressed it, it's just that it doesn't agree with yours :lol:

You haven't addressed it at all...why he wasn't getting these bookings last season and numerous suspensions...but was still the player he is...explain if you can! It's pathetic the way people are making excuses for his petulance but would be right down the throats of anyone else...

possibly the most ridiculous sending off this season......after seeing it on itv then...i wonder if Shez and Hughes have stopped laughing about it yet....both of their face were a picture.......no wonder Hughes was so frustrated - no excuse, but i do understand. 2 goals disallowed, hits the post, then on the end of a ridiculous decision. Still, the ref might feel better this morning, knowing he's sent Lee Hughes off!!

btw, this not "hero worshipping" by any means, it's just comments about a footballer whose seems to be really frustrated as he's not getting on the scorers sheet at the minute, but is still involved in most of our goals.

I wasn't bothered about getting into a debate really with you tonight pal but seeing as you're a bit excitable tonight... The above, as previously addressed, suggest possible reasons for not only saturdays 'petulance' but also maybe his last few weeks.

And another earlier address.....does not 'excuse/condone silly bookings, but what i do say is that you take the rough with the smooth......not over 5 games, but over the time that a player with his ability has with the club.

No....my point is based on the comment "take it out of him and he's not the same player"...that's what the crux of your support for him is based on, countered by my point that he wasn't being so self-destructive last season yet still was as good when he's not pissing off the officials! It's nowt to do with being excitable but the fact that the two biggest annoyances at the club for me in the last month has been the self-destruction of 2 of our top players/earners....

Gladly (and fairly crucially) Shez has got to grips with the 1st one by benching him. The 2nd one should be getting fined for his antics and then we'll all be happy!

Edited by boundaryblue80

No....my point is based on the comment "take it out of him and he's not the same player"...that's what the crux of your support for him is based on, countered by my point that he wasn't being so self-destructive last season yet still was as good when he's not pissing off the officials! It's nowt to do with being excitable but the fact that the two biggest annoyances at the club for me in the last 2 wks has been the self-destruction of 2 of our top players/earners....

Gladly (and fairly crucially) Shez has got to grips with the 1st one by benching him. The 2nd one should be getting fined for his antics and then we'll all be happy!

If by self self destruction, you mean a lack of form and incidents of dodgy decision making, then i wouldn't have put it as dramatically.

As they are our 'best players' then that is why, when they do go off the boil/not perform to our 'high expectations..we criticise so vocally and unfortunately, the fact that we rely on them so much, is why we may be frustrated also!!

You haven't addressed it at all...why he wasn't getting these bookings last season and numerous suspensions...but was still the player he is...explain if you can! It's pathetic the way people are making excuses for his petulance but would be right down the throats of anyone else...

Maybe he was making extra effort to be cleaner than white last season considering his past and the scrutiny it brought him, both from us and in general. Now that we're all on his side and nobody much cares about his past anymore (in the sense that it's yesterdays news) he is showing less concentrated restraint, is being himself and showing his emotions. This certainly isn't an excuse but it probably is the reason. Despite this I really don't see what all the fuss is about - he has kicked the ball away a couple of times ffs, born out of the frustration of poor team form and his host of recent missed chances. Mountain out of a molehill.

Mountain out of a molehill.

Really? So the fact we all agree he's the biggest influence on us scoring...it's acceptable for him to be missing games due to this? On top of the games he'll miss every so often through suspension. I agree that he was probably trying to be whiter than white last season...no need for him to think he is out of the woods yet. He's very, very far from it. And yes, we miss him badly when he isn't on the pitch so for those who don't hero-worship but see him for what he is...a very good, but silly and annoying player (missing his chances, getting pathetic bookings) he's getting the same treatment as any other. Sadly though, because of who he is...some feel they have support him beyond reason. Wellens would've been endlessly slated had it been him!!! I'm not asking for that...but I am saying this support is a joke at present. He should be being fined! Oh well...

PS Everyone isn't onside with him. But we've been on that dance.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Really? So the fact we all agree he's the biggest influence on us scoring...it's acceptable for him to be missing games due to this? On top of the games he'll miss every so often through suspension. I agree that he was probably trying to be whiter than white last season...no need for him to think he is out of the woods yet. He's very, very far from it. And yes, we miss him badly when he isn't on the pitch so for those who don't hero-worship but see him for what he is...a very good, but silly and annoying player (missing his chances, getting pathetic bookings) he's getting the same treatment as any other. Sadly though, because of who he is...some feel they have support him beyond reason. Wellens would've been endlessly slated had it been him!!! I'm not asking for that...but I am saying this support is a joke at present.

PS Everyone isn't onside with him. But we've been on that dance.

He should be being fined!

Couldn't agree more!!