Ask Barry Owen..... The fan representing the fans.

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

news-noimg-sml.jpg

After a Trust Oldham meeting tonight, Barry has agreed to answer questions from the fans via OWTB.

To help contribute to meaningful questions I am announcing this now but the thread will be closed. You then all have twelve hours to think before I re-open the thread tomorrow morning. Please post your questions to Barry then. So we can enusre fairness, please only submit a maximum of three questions per post, if you submit more, the first three will be taken.

Once re-opened, this thread will stay open until Monday evening.

Please only post meaningful questions in this thread, if any questions are deemed by the moderation team to be inflammatory or unacceptable they will be removed, along with any posts that are not asking direct questions to Barry.

I can understand some members may not agree with such a heavy stance, however, I'm sure you can all appreciate that everyone should get a turn to ask a question in the easiest possible way.

Finally, you can ask Barry any question on a range of subjects (within reason and all football related!), please ask away. We will publish Barry's answers as soon as possible!

Thanks

Simon

OWTB Team/Trust Oldham Director

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

All dont jump at once then.

The Trust has long been criticised for not being transparent enough, we have recognised this and we are trying to change the perception that the average latics fan has of the trust.

We have a fan on the board of the football club, its alot more than most football trust's have.

The Trust has and always will be a vehicle to provide the fans with feedback as to what is happening within the football club. However, this can not happen without someone actually wanting feedback.

You all debate the internal goings-on within the club on a daily basis, mostly without knowing what is actually happening.

Please take this chance to ask questions about something you feel strongly about. Is it the redevelopment, is it the management bust up, is it the attitude of certain players? I'm sure you would all like answers to something!

Are you allowed to ask more than one question?

I would like to know what the clubs current marketing activities are (mainly in regards to getting people through the turnstyles and recruiting young fans) and whether or not we could do more? Do we have plans in place for this or is it trial and error. Are we severley limited by budget? You do not really here much from the commercial department like when Sean Jarvis was here.

Can we have a clear answer on the size of this seasons playing budget in relation to other teams? I was under the impression we had quite a large one, hence why promotion was the overall aim, now I have heard we apparently have one of the smallest, so surely Shez is getting some unwarrented stick?

Oh and one final one!

Who's idea was it to scrap the reserves? Do they regret doing this? and will the reserves be back next season?

That is all:)

Edited by wozz_oafc

Guest Only One Jimmy Fryatt

Did Hughesy get fined for that stupid yellow card? (And do players normally get fined for yellows/reds?)

What is the clubs policy on banned players travelling with the squad?

Has the 'management rift' been sorted out?

Whats happeneing to Shaun Gregan should he be found guilty of drink driving?

Fanstastic opportunity. Will you post a final list of the questions and then the responses?

Marketing and club promotion is a topic that generates lots of debate and suggestions on the OWTB forum when its raised and often the same ideas come round again and again. Would the club be willing to respond to these and explain why they are not taken forward (cost / complexity etc)?

The financial situation of the club is something that is critical to everything the club and supporters want to achieve. There is a lot of rumour and speculation about this, would the club be willing to publish a simplyfied business plan so that we all understand the pressues the club is under? Basic level of detail e.g. Assumed average attendance; assumed Cup / TV revenue (if any); wage bill (overall, not individual); assumed transfer fees (if any); projected loss/profit. If this was shared I think it would make supporters more understanding of the pressure the club is under.

Thanks

Has the lack of interest in appartments/housing on the new site played it's part in the delay of the re-devepment and are the TTA having second doubts that these plans will be viable, even if there is an upturn in the market?

are we going to have to sell in january? not every player has his price etc....

If we did not get promoted this season will Sheridan be sacked regardless? (last minute goal in play off final etc)

other clubs (i know a luton fan...) have a designated smoking area attached to the stand but ouside, would the club consider this?

Hi Barry

Can you inform us on the progress of the stadium development. I think the majority of fans realise in the current global economical criss that development work may not begin due to the drop in the housing market. The planning application for stage 1 did not involve the development and sale of housing, this was always a stage two requirement, or so I thought. Hence why the Lookers stand was removed and development works was planned. So when can we expect stage 1 to begin / what factors are required for it to begin... And the same question regarding stage 2...

Can I suggest we have a dedicated page on the main site to inform fans of the current progress of the stadium development. I believe allot of fans have been getting information from forums and latics world but we don't all have access to such things. I also understand I might of missed news articles on the main page as I cant check the site every day. Hence why a dedicated page would be so useful!

If this global crisis continues for several years, not allowing the stadium development, how does this effect the 3As outlook on the club. With the stadium redevelopment being so very important for our continued survival Im now obviously very worried for the future.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions and please pass on that despite my worries I believe the 3As have done a great job here and I continue to be grateful

Edited by oafc0000

What is the point of loaning players on short term deals (that usually are not match fit when they arrive), when we assembled a large decent looking squad in the summer?

What is the clubs views on the "homegrown" rule currently being debated, and how important is youth development to the future of the club?

Would the housing market have to reach the buoyant state it was in when the stadium plans where hatched for the development to go ahead, or alternative plans being drawn up if any recovery is much slower?

Why, whenever we sign a player and a fee is involved e.g. O’Grady, Davies, Allott, is it always reported as an undisclosed fee? Why don’t you just tell us how much they cost?

It's been reported in an interview with Simon Corney in Four Four Two that we have the fifth smallest budget in the division, when the impression previously given is that we have one of the largest (top half at least), hence the high expectations by any, and indeed Corney himself. Is this 'fifth smallest' figure correct?

Edited by Steve_R

1. What really happened with Moussa Dabo last year? Did City pay us to have him as rumoured and why did it all go wrong?

2. Where does the club expect to be in 5 years time?

3. Any update on companies not paying for corporate facilities and any names of companies that didn't pay up?

What is the deal with the new kit manufacturer? Alternate seasons for new home / away kits?

Can we have a constant theme for away kits (tangerine?), and will there be voting on each variation as before?

I spoke to Alan about this. Its the same as last time. The home shirt we have now will be the home shirt for 2009/2010 too. The monkey sick yellow shirt will be relegated to third strip status next season with a new away kit taking its place

We need bigger home crowds, can the trust finance free tickets or a contribution towards free tickets for kids over Christmas etc?

I see a dark cloud over BP caused by management, owners and player rifts. Has anything been done to bring it all out behind closed doors and solve them?

Apart from the Xmas do, what does the Trust get involved in?

Would the housing market have to reach the buoyant state it was in when the stadium plans where hatched for the development to go ahead, or alternative plans being drawn up if any recovery is much slower?

Why, whenever we sign a player and a fee is involved e.g. O’Grady, Davies, Allott, is it always reported as an undisclosed fee? Why don’t you just tell us how much they cost?

It's been reported in an interview with Simon Corney in Four Four Two that we have the fifth smallest budget in the division, when the impression previously given is that we have one of the largest (top half at least), hence the high expectations by any, and indeed Corney himself. Is this 'fifth smallest' figure correct?

I meant to ask that qusestion after reading the same article it would seem unfair to use the "Sheridan has been given the backing" if we fail to get promoted if that is the case, It's about competiton and if there are 19 teams spending more on players wages it would be unfair to blame Sheridan (entirely) if we didn't

Edited by longtimeblue

as hughes is out of contract at the end of the season with january approaching, i was wondering have the board made an attempt to offer him a contract extension?

and more of a request if they have to sell taylor tell them to wait until the end of the season please :wink:

Can we bring back 'membership', i'm a soldier living in the midlands, a season ticket is just not an option for me, but i do attend alot of games home and away, and i'm sure the associated benefits would encourage more revenue and more fans to the match?

Can we bring back 'membership', i'm a soldier living in the midlands, a season ticket is just not an option for me, but i do attend alot of games home and away, and i'm sure the associated benefits would encourage more revenue and more fans to the match?

i think the football league put a stop to membership schemes.

that could be why there are now advance prices/on the day prices to compensate.