Counting his Chickens...

I haven't read all of this thread so I might have missed this but what are the club doing to publicise the offer? It's a great offer but it would be a shame if the take up was minimal because the only advertisement was on the fishal site. This is a great chance to get people back involved with the club again. i know we've done things like this before and the upturn in attendance after them has been minimal but I think this time we actually have an entertaining team and one that looks like it could really bring some success, fingers crossed they put on a show.

Guest oa_exile
I haven't read all of this thread so I might have missed this but what are the club doing to publicise the offer? It's a great offer but it would be a shame if the take up was minimal because the only advertisement was on the fishal site. This is a great chance to get people back involved with the club again. i know we've done things like this before and the upturn in attendance after them has been minimal but I think this time we actually have an entertaining team and one that looks like it could really bring some success, fingers crossed they put on a show.

I agree , probably will get a "Mention" int' Chron and that will be about it :(

I haven't read all of this thread so I might have missed this but what are the club doing to publicise the offer? It's a great offer but it would be a shame if the take up was minimal because the only advertisement was on the fishal site.

Maybe.

But let's make sure everybody on here is talking to their mates and making sure their fivers are collected in good time.

I assume if the crowd is 8,000 (5,000 paying a fiver) rather than the possible 4,000 (1,000 paying £20) that it would actually bring in more money!

Credit to the club for the initiative. Let's do our bit to make sure it pays off.

Another that thinks this is a great idea to boost the attendance for the game - and I am a ST holder and don't care if I lose out on a bit.

Couple of points though:

1 - As already mentioned, advertising. The clubs website, on here, and word of mouth is not good enough publicity. Get it mentioned on Revolution Radio, try and get it mentioned on Greater Manchester City Radio (the pre-match discussion / post match interviews at the next home games); perhaps get some Latics fans calling the GMR phone in to mention it (sure OWTB members could arrange to call this en masse); billboards in the town centre over the next few Saturdays; Chron; MEN (if we can afford it); Let Soccer AM know - they tend to mention stuff like this. Etc Etc Etc.

2 - This game would be one that would traditionally be one of the lowest of the season. Last Saturday before Christmas, cold, and unattractive oppo with low fans. So can see why we have picked this game. However not sure if expecting 8000 (i.e. 7600 Latics) is realisitic given the unattractiveness of the fixture? Publicising this means that any less and its viewed a failure. Without this we might struggle to break 4000 for this game - so 5000, 6000 is good. If it turns out to be 8,000 - great, but not sure setting are target to fail is a good idea.

3 - Great initiative. Which (turns on the trademarked "Latics Fan Cynical" mode) inevitably results in one of the worst matches of the season. Big crowd = crap performance = none of them return. Fingers crossed that is not the case and we see a glorious performance of flowing football and goals before Christmas (actually I seem to recall moving similar fixtures to Friday in the dim and distance past to avoid Christmas Shopping and seeing a few 5-3s? Plymouth?).

Keep it up TTA

The last Saturday before Christmas is a notoriously bad day for football attendances, although these days with late night shopping and Sunday trading, it’s no longer the last big shopping day before Christmas. It’s still a time when money is running out though, especially this year with the economic crisis.

In the 2001/02 season:, the BP game against Port Vale was brought forward to Friday 21st December and the attendance was 4,317.

In the 2003/04 season: the QPR home game was played on Saturday 20th December 2003 with an attendance of 5,603.

In the 2006/07 season:, there must have been a special offer* for the Northampton game at BP on Saturday 23rd December, as the crowd was a massive 10,207 (447 away fans).

So let’s hope TTA are rewarded similarly this time. :pray::pray:

No doubt the Club's media partner, the rarely wrong Chron, will throw its full weight behind this special offer. :unsure:

* Edit: Reading opinions4u elsewhere, I'm told that tickets were only £2. Being a ST holder, who doesn't get special offers, it didn't stick in my mind. :wink:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

In the 2006/07 season:, there must have been a special offer for the Northampton game at BP on Saturday 23rd December, as the crowd was a massive 10,207 (447 away fans).

I seem to recall buying 7 of them, and I think my brother might have bought another couple, for 4 people to get in. And for once not my fault.

Still, it;s a good offer. We might not get a huge attendance but it will help on a weekend that would be rubbish otherwise. It might well tip the balance in getting me up there, with the added benefit of an OWTB game and bonding drinks afterwards :drinking45: It could help Christmas shoppers get it done in man time too - go out in the morning, but with a very cheap ticket that your mate has bought you that you have to go for at BP

Would agree with all the comments on here about it being a great offer etc, etc, etc, but if we seriously think more than 51/2k are going to turn up against Orient the week before Chrissy then we are seriously deluded! The people of 'Oldham' couldn't give a monkeys and have beter things to spend their money on.

I reckon we have have had fewer than 10k in in total for the past 3 home games. The gates are droppinglike a stone.

Also i know it's easy to take a poke at season ticket holders but we put our money up front, and yes i know i was fortunate to have a spare 350 lying around before I went to my holiday home in the Canaries for the Summer but the stock market has had the arse drop out of it and i can't afford a pie now! :D

... i know it's easy to take a poke at season ticket holders but we put our money up front, and yes i know i was fortunate to have a spare 350 lying around before I went to my holiday home in the Canaries for the Summer but the stock market has had the arse drop out of it and i can't afford a pie now! :D

Yeah but you have that rosey glow about you, because you always put the Club first. B)

I seem to recall buying 7 of them, and I think my brother might have bought another couple, for 4 people to get in. And for once not my fault.

Nope, didn't go to either of the £2 games (Brighton being the other). Did pay full whack on NYD to see us demolish Forest 5-0 though! :grin:

It's a great offer that they're doing this time. Not been to a game for a while, due to lack of finances, but might go to this.

Nope, didn't go to either of the £2 games (Brighton being the other). Did pay full whack on NYD to see us demolish Forest 5-0 though! :grin:

It's a great offer that they're doing this time. Not been to a game for a while, due to lack of finances, but might go to this.

Perhaps the memory playing tricks. I am sure I ordered a load of them for the Northampton game only to find that I was sent the Brighton ones (which I didn't attend) and had to pay again to squeeze into the RRE.

Still, it is a good offer. You only need to inject some apple meths into Mrs Anchor and Hey Presto - a cheap day out!

I think with the right advertising around Oldham and the media, we can sell out Boundary park. But once we get the fan's in, make sure that they enjoy the match day experience. Make sure that there is enough hot & cold food available and beer service is fast. Have good half time entertainment and let the fan's create an atmosphere for which the 'floater's' will remember. When the fan's are leaving have leaflets advertising half season tickets and up and coming games. I presume we'll be up towards the top of the league so the part timers will want to jump on the wagon especially if we win so hopefully Latics can cash in with merchandise right before Christmas.

But before all that we need to get them in so that should be the club's main aim before Christmas.

This is a great offer at this time of the year and definitely worth taking up. My fiancé is a City fan (cough) and as they are playing on the Sunday, getting to see the best team in the North West :wink: is one he'll certainly be interested in.

Well done Latics, I can't see why circa 8000 attendance is not a possibility.

Oooh, my 100th post! :drinking:

Edited by TrikkiNikki

Guest oa_exile

It's worth mentioning that if you also buy your Brighton(s) ticket in advance whilst you purchase your Orient(s).......more savings to be had as you will save another £2.00 on normal pay on the day ............ Happy Days B)

Thinking back to the Win - Win - Win promotion as it was originally launched, us Season Ticket Holders stood to get a voucher in lieu of a free match ticket. Obviously as we ended up with a Win - Lose - Lose situation, I wonder if there will be a reduced amount of voucher for STH's? If not, it does seem a little unfair that the people who had to sit through the diabolical performance get no reward at all, while those that were sat at home in front of the fire get a cracker of a deal.

I really want the Bobby Johnstone book, so this would certainly help make the purchase more appealing.

No doubt the Club's media partner, the rarely wrong Chron, will throw its full weight behind this special offer. :unsure:

The rarely wrong Chron's Michael Yarwood has written a piece to attract the stayaways. Well actually he has just quoted from the OS.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...h-ticket-prices

If only it could have been slanted as an offer that the many missing fans can't refuse if they want to get behind promotion-chasing, top-scoring Athletic. :disappointed:

I'd hope we could get near that, yes.

If people won't come at two for a tenner, then we'll struggle get 7000 at £20 each won't we.

i think this will be my 1st home game of the season. i know im a cheapskate, just want to see what the ground looks like with 3 sides.