Why has Lags topic been closed?

Are we stiffling genuine debate on here now?

Lags post re: the manu badge has been closed. Surely we should be allowed to debate this subject. No other team in the Country stirs up as much resentment than the cockney boys from Salford and supporters of our club in general (not all) resent them due to the number of what I term as non supporters. i.e. those that go and watch them in the pub or on sky but who in a lot of cases have never even been to OT. Particularly those that live in and around Oldham.

As there was no personal abuse in the comments posted,(and nor should there be) I can't understand why the topic was closed. Its been quiet on the board this week, there is also no game this weekend and I thought that with the number of hits helping with revenues, a subject like this would have provided some debate and (light hearted) entertainment.

Cheers,

Harry

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to block a person if a signature genuinely causes offence and therefore save yourself from pain, insult or injury. Obviously, you then risk missing the words of wisdom from the person you have blocked. Personally, I can just squint slightly as I reach the end of Mark's posts and therefore avoid seeing THAT badge.

Why leave it open? If someone as an issue or something to discuss with another member one to one .... use a PM. Lags dislike of my sig was not really a topic that warrented discussing in the board.

P.S Maybe me closing it was a ploy to start more light hearty debate....????? Still it'll be removed when I get round to making something else, which may not be today, tomorrow, this week or year. Although it may go tomorrow if those dreaded :censored:ty beat us ... opps meant to say them red shirted scummy people tomorrow!!!!

Guest oa_exile

Lags : "Kindly remove the ManUre club badge from this site. It's an insult".

Mark the dirty closet red Oasis : "Why is it? Doesn't everyone have a second, third, four.... team!"

________________________________________________________________________________

____

Exile : :sign0068::goggle::nnnng::angry: You should be ashamed to ADMIT that you are Closet Manure Fan !! :hanged:

Edited by oa_exile

Lags : "Kindly remove the ManUre club badge from this site. It's an insult".

Mark the dirty closet red Oasis : "Why is it? Doesn't everyone have a second, third, four.... team!"

________________________________________________________________________________

____

Exile : :sign0068::goggle::nnnng::angry: You should be ashamed to ADMIT that you are Closet Manure Fan !! :hanged:

I'm not the only one, am I Bigfin :sign0007:

Guest oa_exile
It is possible to block a person if a signature genuinely causes offence and therefore save yourself from pain, insult or injury. Obviously, you then risk missing the words of wisdom from the person you have blocked. Personally, I can just squint slightly as I reach the end of Mark's posts and therefore avoid seeing THAT badge.

in a word NO :shakeit:

Yes you can Takemeanywhere "my fellow true blue I only support ONE club friend" :)

My Controls > Manage Ignored Users > add Markoasis and fire away :grin:

Edited by oa_exile

Are you suggesting that? Or are you suggesting that someone else might suggest it? :wink:

It's a bit like Bigot Ron saying there is a school of thought - not saying that he is a part of it...

Personally I think Rummy and Mark should have a word with each other for contributing to a thread that ought to have been closed.

Oh hang on, I did too :unsure:

Guest oa_exile
Are you suggesting that? Or are you suggesting that someone else might suggest it? :wink:

Is that a very suggestive question to suggest something like that or is that a suggestion that their might be a conflict of suggestions ?

Is that a very suggestive question to suggest something like that or is that a suggestion that their might be a conflict of suggestions ?

Back on track please .... hold on what was the question???

Thats it, why was lags post closed ... poll anyone????? Suggestions for questions on a postcard please

It's a bit like Bigot Ron saying there is a school of thought - not saying that he is a part of it...

Personally I think Rummy and Mark should have a word with each other for contributing to a thread that ought to have been closed.

Oh hang on, I did too :unsure:

I didn't close naffink mister. I'm stayin' out of it...

The pure fact that the piece in itself in god-awful should be enough for us to pressure Mark to change it...

I'm not the only one, am I Bigfin :sign0007:

Yes, someone mention my name....??

Ok, to add my twopenneth, i think most on here know I have nothing against Man Yoo, in fact, I would prefer them to win the premier league ahead of everyone else... that politcally correct for you Mark :wink:

These comments may annoy some people, but If Oldham arent going to be the best team in the country, i would much prefer a team from Manchester to be, my hatred of all things Scouse means that thier outspoken self-superior delusions has meant I want man Yoo to win more than ever, and anyone who would prefer a london club to win the league, well... I think that is just odd...

As mark said in the other thread, I find some of the threads on here that appear every now and again even more offensive, like all that crap about jumping on the rochdale badwaggon.... who are more of a rival to oldham than Man Yoo.. I have accepted long ago that man Yoo are no rival of Oldham anymore, therefore I enjoy the way they play football.... I was hurt as much as anyone by the results of certain games against Man Yoo... but to be offended at the sight of a badge of a club that has no direct bearing on anything Oldham... nah, dont think so.... just like someone having Barcelona, or FC Twente, or Brondby, or new England saints, or Pitsburgh Penguins as a logo on their signature.... different worlds....

Blooming hell are we that bored that we are talking about a signature ???

The answer is easy !! Find Mark - Hunt him down ..... use MI5 torture techniques like water torture and demand he changes the Manure and takes the Badge off !!

Or

We could just go Christmas Shopping !!

I blame Corney... Hardy .. Shez... Crossley.. Lomax... Stam... Gregan... Hughes... TAYLOR.... Allott and Janice in the club ticket and VOSE for making us all be bored on a sat Afternoon :grin:

Use Firefox, add-in Adblock Plus and install the gubbins, restart Firefox, rightclick on an image you want to block and Adblock it.

Nooooo, you are meant to say that Exile has already pointed out how to do it, then I say that I haven't seen any posts from that tosser for months since I blocked him....

Nooooo, you are meant to say that Exile has already pointed out how to do it, then I say that I haven't seen any posts from that tosser for months since I blocked him....

Who said what? Oh exile? I don't know what he said, I blocked him ages ago...

On a serious note, does anyone know the answer to this question?

Twas more of a statement than a question but Exile gave the instructions on the 1st page of this thread for completely blocking someone and then there is Rummy's advice for getting rid of a signature.

Edit: I fell for it.

Edited by Takemeanywhere