Oldham survival

Oldham core support is in decline. We are producing better entertanment on the park than in previous years yet crowds are not increasing to what they would have previously. Many regulars simply no longer attend because it is too expensive. £20+ for Div 1 football never was value for for money and certainly isn't now. There is a market for regular attendance but at a substantially lower price. Lower the price and get them back, let the kids in for next to nothing (future investment) else watch the Club die over the next few years. Bradford have the right idea, believe me everyone will follow. There is no alternative, if we went up to the Championship we would quickly go under in this economic environment.

Chuffin 'ell there's nowt like a beer festival

Oldham core support is in decline. We are producing better entertanment on the park than in previous years yet crowds are not increasing to what they would have previously. Many regulars simply no longer attend because it is too expensive. £20+ for Div 1 football never was value for for money and certainly isn't now. There is a market for regular attendance but at a substantially lower price. Lower the price and get them back, let the kids in for next to nothing (future investment) else watch the Club die over the next few years. Bradford have the right idea, believe me everyone will follow. There is no alternative, if we went up to the Championship we would quickly go under in this economic environment.

lets see what the leyton orient game brings!!!! £5 each NO ONE can moan at that

if we dont fill the ground off that something is wrong... which will lead to a player being sold in january (eardley) NOT hughes or taylor

LETS SEE IF HUGHESY REALLY LOVES US... PROVE IT HUGHES YOU COULD BE MASSIVE LEGEND AT THIS CLUB... :grin:

its not that its too expensive joe its that people cant be arsed,ive got a lot of time for my townsfolk of oldham but you know the ones that dont go in there own little world an dont care about nothing an have no desire to better themselves or contribute nothing

an if they an without an d's on the end an that's not all that an can or can't without your d's an if you don't i'm gonna tell on ya!! :blink::blink::grin:

Its all very well saying drop the prices but would the extra people coming make up for the loss of revenue coming in i.e. if we charge £20 and only get 5000 in is dropping the price to a tenner going to bring in 10000.

TTA have to charge the price thats going to bring in the maximum amount of revenue if that means charging extra and a few hundred not going then thats what they will charge Its all about how much money they will make. More revenue= better players = better football= a more attractive product= better attendences = more revenue and the cycle continues. If dropping the price by a fiver meant we get another 4000 coming every week garuanteed I'd be all for it however I don't think it would.

Agree -

Its the kids that are not only the future but the way to ultimately increase attendances.

It wont happen overnight but this is the area they should concentrate on.

Older people are set in their ways and it will be impossible to get enough of them out of their armchairs to make it worthwhile.

Target the kids far more aggressively and let the kids in free and they will bring adults along.

Stockport do family tickets for £15 at some games - 2 adults and 1 child.

If kids under 11 or so were allowed in free they will pester their parents to go.

Who is going to take them - Mum or Dad and they will need to pay to get in.

Edited by losesome

Agree -

Its the kids that are not only the future but the way to ultimately increase attendances.

It wont happen overnight but this is the area they should concentrate on.

Older people are set in their ways and it will be impossible to get enough of them out of their armchairs to make it worthwhile.

Target the kids far more aggressively and let the kids in free and they will bring adults along.

Stockport do family tickets for £15 at some games - 2 adults and 1 child.

If kids under 11 or so were allowed in free they will pester their parents to go.

Who is going to take them - Mum or Dad and they will need to pay to get in.

mum or dad wont pay to get in though,and thats the problem....

when you can go see premier greed football at £15 a throw why would anybody in there right mind pay £20 to watch third division football???

leting kids in for free isnt the answer.making the games more attractive is what is needed and sadly on a wet or cold evening in nov dec or january against a team who isnt well supported,is going to be a very hard sell indeed....especially with the hit n miss football we seem to be playing.

the only way for the club to survive until the development is finished is by bringing kids through the ranks and selling them for a profit,and the odd flutter with one of the cup games that hopefully gets us on tv....until then and we are self sufficient we will always have to sell.

mum or dad wont pay to get in though,and thats the problem....

when you can go see premier greed football at £15 a throw why would anybody in there right mind pay £20 to watch third division football???

leting kids in for free isnt the answer.making the games more attractive is what is needed and sadly on a wet or cold evening in nov dec or january against a team who isnt well supported,is going to be a very hard sell indeed....especially with the hit n miss football we seem to be playing.

the only way for the club to survive until the development is finished is by bringing kids through the ranks and selling them for a profit,and the odd flutter with one of the cup games that hopefully gets us on tv....until then and we are self sufficient we will always have to sell.

Letting kids in free IS the answer because without future generations of supporters the club will cease to exist ...end of!!

If you don't get youngsters interested in the club from an early age then there ain't no future.

Once it's in the blood then that's it your hooked as they say!

If my Dad hadn't brought me when I was young I'd probably be going up the red or sky blue road myself!!!

Its all very well saying drop the prices but would the extra people coming make up for the loss of revenue coming in i.e. if we charge £20 and only get 5000 in is dropping the price to a tenner going to bring in 10000.

At 5000 attendance, TTA are getting 1200 people paying on the day at £20 due to the rest being Season Tickets. Therefore to breakeven (not including additional revenue from car-parking, programmes etc) a £10 deal has to attact a crowd of approximately 6,200 compared to 5,000.

As one of deals every now and again this is a good deal and I would think that it will break even at least. However repeated use of it will no doubt bring about the inevitable complaints from ST holders.

A couple of these deals, get the interest and then do an agressive New Year Season Ticket deal and try and get people signed up for the rest of the season.

At 5000 attendance, TTA are getting 1200 people paying on the day at £20 due to the rest being Season Tickets. Therefore to breakeven (not including additional revenue from car-parking, programmes etc) a £10 deal has to attact a crowd of approximately 6,200 compared to 5,000.

As one of deals every now and again this is a good deal and I would think that it will break even at least. However repeated use of it will no doubt bring about the inevitable complaints from ST holders.

A couple of these deals, get the interest and then do an agressive New Year Season Ticket deal and try and get people signed up for the rest of the season.

Are you saying we've got 3,800 season ticket holders...I wish we flamin did!!!!

As regards ST holders....It's still the guaranteed cheapest way to watch your team week in week out.

Offers throughout the season are aimed at getting the floaters and ex supporters to watch the club on a more regular basis and they can do as much promoting as they like if it has the desired effect and boosts the home crowds.

We woul lose money by reducing ticket prices, it's as simple as that. Kids are definitely part of the solution.

1) Get their parents along as well

2) Kids grow up into adults.

If mum or dad takes two kids in for £20 and buys them a drink and a burger, that's c £25 for the club, useful money but also not bad value for a trip out every other week. Get them to meet Chaddy and have a chat with him :o , they learn some new words, see a few goals, everyone's a winner

. Get them to meet Chaddy and have a chat with him :o , they learn some new words, see a few goals, everyone's a winner

And what new words would they be, sir?

BTW, agree 100% Fill the stands with kidz. They're the future. Then let them impress Gran n Grandad with their new, extensive, vocabulary.

KC

And what new words would they be, sir?

BTW, agree 100% Fill the stands with kidz. They're the future. Then let them impress Gran n Grandad with their new, extensive, vocabulary.

KC

Where did Grandad learn them words himself? :) I always find it amusing when Latics parents who I know swear like troopers themselves hate their kids hearing it at the game. It's part of the Circle of Life :wink:

We woul lose money by reducing ticket prices, it's as simple as that. Kids are definitely part of the solution.

1) Get their parents along as well

2) Kids grow up into adults.

If mum or dad takes two kids in for £20 and buys them a drink and a burger, that's c £25 for the club, useful money but also not bad value for a trip out every other week. Get them to meet Chaddy and have a chat with him :o , they learn some new words, see a few goals, everyone's a winner

im not saying for one moment that kids are not the future....but its the getting the adult to pay £20 to take the child for free in the first place.

i have been to yeovil game and the brighton game today...those two games have cost me £60 thats with entrance food drink n programmes....and we have played crap both times....the atmosphere is on its knees.....and to me i cant keep justifying spending that kind of money for little or no return...

parents simply wont take the kids no matter how much pestering the kid does....they would rather take them shopping buy them a new game and treat them to a meal.

Guest oa_exile

Normal pay on the day match day price are £20 Adult + £3 for U12 @ £23 per match

Bought in advance £18 Adult + £3 for U12 @ £21 per match

Season ticket : 1 adult + 1 U12 = £358 @ £15.56 per match

Season ticket : 1 adult £308 = £13.39 per match

Season ticket : 1 U12 £50 = £2.17 per match

Personally I think the club has done all it can to get the kids to games BUT I would still "Offer" Kids get in free for IF accompanied by an Adult for the lower attendance games.

The best way is to offer it through the Schools,kids footbal teams,etc

The best way is to offer it through the Schools,kids footbal teams,etc

This is what I mean - parents who are fans are obviously going to try and corrupt their kids anyway. If one in 20 kids they get through the gates once becomes a regular, that's a result. Maybe 80% of our fans are hand-me-downs, there's not much you can do to increase that. Ed is right that better results and play will get people in, but it's not like the staff are trying to play :censored: and lose games to push fans away. I know the club have tried lots of initiatives like this already and found some professionals to be less then helpful, but keep banging away.

TTA have to charge the price thats going to bring in the maximum amount of revenue if that means charging extra and a few hundred not going then thats what they will charge Its all about how much money they will make. More revenue= better players = better football= a more attractive product= better attendences = more revenue and the cycle continues. If dropping the price by a fiver meant we get another 4000 coming every week garuanteed I'd be all for it however I don't think it would.

Exactly. At £20 per game we are losing money and need 8000 to break even. Should the price therefore go up so that the break even price is at 5000?