Support today

Don't really need to clutch at straws when our home support is over twice as much as your own do I?

Maybe these clubs round near you are PL clubs (as were yourselfs) But both Sheffields, Leeds, Bradford and Barnsley have all been in the top flight in the last 10 years and our crowds were very similar then to what they are now..

Might have something to do with those £100 season tickets though eh?

Don't really need to clutch at straws when our home support is over twice as much as your own do I?

Maybe these clubs round near you are PL clubs (as were yourselfs) But both Sheffields, Leeds, Bradford and Barnsley have all been in the top flight in the last 10 years and our crowds were very similar then to what they are now..

Then why are you still clutching at straws? The draw of Man Utd alone covers all of those together and then some, throw the Massives into the mix and a few others and you see our problem.

Then why are you still clutching at straws? The draw of Man Utd alone covers all of those together and then some, throw the Massives into the mix and a few others and you see our problem.

Theres Manchester United fans all over England! Your not talking to someone who is a Plymouth fan, I am a fan of a team less than 15 miles from you! We have very similar to contend with. To the guy who had a go at our away support I think you should maybe check that one out recently it as been poor but so have we and now we are rising, 1500 to Carlisle how do you compare to that one?

Theres Manchester United fans all over England! Your not talking to someone who is a Plymouth fan, I am a fan of a team less than 15 miles from you! We have very similar to contend with. To the guy who had a go at our away support I think you should maybe check that one out recently it as been poor but so have we and now we are rising, 1500 to Carlisle how do you compare to that one?

pretty much the same as you losing 3000 fans from a 4th rd fa cup game last season and your league game at ISZ this year terrier. Who nicked 'em all :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

Crikey, I'm knew to this internet mularkey and didn't realise it was so competitive.

All I can say is that our support today was brilliant, and I'm determined to go on more away trips. Having said that Huddersfield's away support has always been pretty good from what I've seen. I remember them in the cup last year and they were phenomenal, having said that it was funny to see them knocked out in the next round despite their boasts about going to Wemberlee.

Anyway, I'm going to have a hot chocolate and retire to my bed.

Toodle pip.

we are down to our fan base, and its 4000 loyal fans. we have been down this low for a few years now, and were all trying our hardest to keep the dream alive.

if hudds had spent ten years pissing around division three, and had been constantly selling their best players to survive. whilst the local council tried to kill them, going bankrupt, and still living under a massive black cloud of uncertainty. id wager my house that police departments in neighbouring counties wouldnt play stupid games year after year because they couldnt handle the away support.

id even put my kneck on the line and say that for traditional games, ie saturday 3pm. within fifty miles, for the last decade, we comfortably urinate in your old fa cup replica.

We had poor crowds back in the 80's when we were playing in a higher division so its nothing new (until the "pinch me season"). Back then the Scouse teams were winning everything and City were in the same league as us for a few seasons, so that can't be used as an excuse. People may call supporters of Huddersfield and Burnley "inbred" etc. but at least they all support their local team unlike the majority of people in Oldham. Although if you looked at percentage of home support towards away following Oldham would probably fair the best, the away support is excellent for such a "poorly" supported team.

right folks here's a radical thought. Hudds crowds are bigger than ours (currently) and our percentage away following to home games is greater than hudds. Does it really matter on here? probably not, but it matters in our owners coffers. I just wished Hudds would turn out at BP in the same percentage.

In fact I just wished more than anything else our players (bar Gregan, Rubes and Fleming....Allott for the wonder strike) turned up to!

right folks here's a radical thought. Hudds crowds are bigger than ours (currently) and our percentage away following to home games is greater than hudds. Does it really matter on here? probably not, but it matters in our owners coffers. I just wished Hudds would turn out at BP in the same percentage.

In fact I just wished more than anything else our players (bar Gregan, Rubes and Fleming....Allott for the wonder strike) turned up to!

Spot On!

We all showed up! where the feck was half our (TEAM)