Dean Windass signs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i think we might find out pretty soon that this my be one last hurrah too many for Windass but i hope he proves me wrong

Always look on the bright side of life...

I too think that either:

He'll be wank.

Hughes will go.

Davies will headbutt the stadium down in anger.

But, I don't care, it is more competition at the top end of our squad - which cannot be a bad thing. Hull fans seem to think he could do aa job in the division above, but what the hell...

Always look on the bright side of life...

I too think that either:

He'll be wank.

Hughes will go.

Davies will headbutt the stadium down in anger.

But, I don't care, it is more competition at the top end of our squad - which cannot be a bad thing. Hull fans seem to think he could do aa job in the division above, but what the hell...

he'll be fine for us next season then, when he signs the 12 month extension with us in the championship :grin:

He's one of them people who if you were a manager, you would have to be happy with him as he gets the job done. Doesn't mean you have to like him personally. Though I think Shez will probably get on with him well. I've hated him in the past but I think he could end up a bit of a legend.

think he'll do well - IF GIVEN THE SERVICE (ahmm midfield ahmm), he'll at least hold it up and bring others into play as well as turning and just smacking the damn thing like we never do, and he takes a few mean free kicks. I'm sure that if the midfield arent giving him service he'll soon let them know about it!

If you listen to a few internet interviews hes done he sounds a really nice bloke, yes i know he has done some stupid and dirty things on the pitch, but so has gregan and we all (i presume) see him as a decent bloke, windass is just a big softie - literally.

Guys no offence but hes going to do the business.

I’m with you on this Bantam. He’s consistently done the business against us and I have no fear (barring fitness) that he will be able to do it at League 1 level. He got 15 goals for Hull last year and I love the fact that he is still shouting how he could still play in the Premiership. Which hopefully means he will slaughter teams in this division.

I’m with you on this Bantam. He’s consistently done the business against us and I have no fear (barring fitness) that he will be able to do it at League 1 level. He got 15 goals for Hull last year and I love the fact that he is still shouting how he could still play in the Premiership. Which hopefully means he will slaughter teams in this division.

Glad someone agrees.

Not being pedantic, just pointing out that the rarely wrong Chron says it was 'inside 15 seconds". :grin:

I missed the first two minutes due to a slight problem with trying to park my car on a grass verge and sinking, but that's another story.

Being super-pedantic, surely inside 15 seconds is also inside 30 seconds. Or inside the first 90 minutes come to think of it.

But now I'm being silly.

I missed the first two minutes due to a slight problem with trying to park my car on a grass verge and sinking, but that's another story.

Being super-pedantic, surely inside 15 seconds is also inside 30 seconds. Or inside the first 90 minutes come to think of it.

But now I'm being silly.

I concur! :lol:

But now I'm being silly.

That's right, you are being silly! I knew someone would fall for that. :grin:

I concur! :lol:

Not sure if you concur that he is being silly or you are compounding his silliness. :unsure:

lol. hes got you there, diego

Not at all! garcon's point was to indicate how soon Windy showed his class last night. Yes, fifteen seconds, thirty seconds, 75 minutes etc (not 90 mins opinions4u, as he was substituted before then) are all within the longest period mentioned, but in Windy's case, it was within 15 seconds (according to the rarely wrong Chron) that his class was shown. :tongue1:

Sorry about this I had to reply to this, I think some people need to take a chill pill and get on the boys side and support him. The fact is as a Bradford fan let me tell you something he is a damn good player and you got a wicked goalscorer here. Hes going to do well for you no doubt and can you imagine what him and Hughes will do cause havoc for other defences believe me, he is a very good player and yes I am his fan and still am off today we would love him back at Bradford so be grateful you got him cos he could send you up thats how good this man is.

Yes I was at the game he scored past you that season in 2005 when you could have gone down but you won us 2-1 that day to stay up and he has got vast amount of stick from the latic fans over the years as I have seen both at BP and Valley Parade.

But hey he is a latic support him and the rest you will see in the blue shirt. I will forever be his fan because he is a legend at Bradford City and if you guys notice he is our 3rd top scorer in our clubs history and has a tattoo labelled BCFC on his arm, He still comes to our home games and was at our recent one v Morecombe who we won 4-0.

Hughes & Windass up front :grin: now that sounds a real rough house pairing! full of goals and ready to terrorise defences

Unless Windass is in because Hughes is definately going? Still a massive coup when you think championship sides like Forest, Blackpool and Ipswich had all offered him terms :shock:

Not one for ' my mates mums hairdresser heard in the chippy etc' but ... a bloke I work with is involved with Bratfurt and also knows Stuart McCall and his version is that Windy turned up at Bratfurt v Morcambe and told McCall that he was p****d off by not getting a shirt at Hull and would be interested in returning on loan - McCall told him that he didnt fit in with his plans as he wanted youth for the future rather than experience. McCall then went to BP to see Shez and asked about COG who he rated - the loan deal was done - at the same time he told Shez that Windy was available and he could do a good job for the 'Tics - next up talks and he signs up. Not sure if its 100% but from usually reliable source. What does it tell us ?? - Shez prefers Windy over COG, McCall prefers COG over Windy or that COG dosnt figure in Shez long term thinking ?

Anyway Windy looked class last nite - didnt look as fearsome without bleached skinhead but with him and Hughes up front should scare most defences witless !. Onwards and upwards .....

Blue-Mist maybe your right and maybe it could be true. I think Windass has always stated he would never play lower then league 1 and wouldnt even consider a drop to league 2.. Anyways and would consider a return one day but hey thats then but maybe its best he gets into the champo and keeps Oldham going.