Davies to Brighton

Brighton want Davies and could make a move before Monday any move would be permanent.. Also Glenn Murray wants a move back to the North West not much chance of a swap deal as they want most of the 300k the paid for him..

Is that from a news site or a good source?

Brighton want Davies and could make a move before Monday any move would be permanent.. Also Glenn Murray wants a move back to the North West not much chance of a swap deal as they want most of the 300k the paid for him..

Now there's a player who would bring so much to the side -as far as I am aware he plays wide or through the middle - offer 'em 150k plus Davies :shock:

Yeah great, we can keep Davies on regardless of his attitude problem he brings to the camp but when Hughes pushes Taylor in a paddy because he didnt pass for a clear goal scoring opportunity we should get rid of him

I love this place sometimes

Edited by davegtt

Now there's a player who would bring so much to the side -as far as I am aware he plays wide or through the middle - offer 'em 150k plus Davies :shock:

Why not a straight swop...Davies did get 14 goals before injury last season. Thing is though it doesn't matter how many forwards we have at the club if the service isn't there it would be pointless!!

Why not a straight swop...Davies did get 14 goals before injury last season. Thing is though it doesn't matter how many forwards we have at the club if the service isn't there it would be pointless!!

And this is where I struggle to comprehend things as, presumably, must Shez.

We play with two wingers.

Eardley is an overlapping full back.

Whitaker is a clever player who links up superbly with the front players (at times).

Allott is our player of the year.

Maher is intelligent with the ball.

Taylor is (probably) our best player.

Windass is class.

Hughes is a lethal finisher.

Why the hell can we not get it together 2 games running?

Edited by opinions4u

Whitaker is a clever player who links up superbly with the front players (at times).

Windass is class.

i think what you say of danny whitaker and mark allott is very wrong, especially of mark allott

Windass is class.

All of the above are true, which leaves, and I really hate to say this, either the players are not listening to Sheridan or his management style is not effective. Hence, we struggle to put a winning run together either because of inconsistencies in the players' capabilities or Sheridan's management capabilities or a combination of both.

Our season is suspiciously following a pattern which usually occurs/starts around the stupid transfer window, as players are linked with transfer speculation and we usually end up with panic signings/fiascos! :mad:

Good article on the effects of the transfer window on lower league clubs

Heard from a decent source that (may) Brighton want a swap with someone as they have a sell on fee with dale which doesn't activate if there is a straight swap. Only if theres a fee + player. I've heard that from someone within Rochdale not brighton

Yeah great, we can keep Davies on regardless of his attitude problem he brings to the camp but when Hughes pushes Taylor in a paddy because he didnt pass for a clear goal scoring opportunity we should get rid of him

I love this place sometimes

Davies doesn't have an attitude problem.

Okay then, he's attitude-impaired.

I think that his attitude has been exemplary since his return from Stockport.

I also think some of our so called fans like to think themselves in some way superior to him and are not big or mature enough to admit they perhaps got it wrong in the past.

I also think some of our so called fans like to think themselves in some way superior to him and are not big or mature enough to admit they perhaps got it wrong in the past.

As it was bar a silly, yet overblown incident at Rochdale, before he left the club on loan, some fans like to believe rumours about players they dislike and ignore the ones about their favourites.

As it was bar a silly, yet overblown incident at Rochdale, before he left the club on loan, some fans like to believe rumours about players they dislike and ignore the ones about their favourites.

The main thing i would find silly out of all of this, is we sell a player who has shown he can play and score goals, we still may also let our top scorer go, which would beg the question, who the feck is going to score the goals to get us out of this league????

And if answers like O'Grady, Allessandra and god forbid Wolfy pop up, you can take your heads for a well earned crap in my book!!

The main thing i would find silly out of all of this, is we sell a player who has shown he can play and score goals, we still may also let our top scorer go, which would beg the question, who the feck is going to score the goals to get us out of this league????

And if answers like O'Grady, Allessandra and god forbid Wolfy pop up, you can take your heads for a well earned crap in my book!!

davies might have asked for a move,has anybody thought of it like that...

he goes to stockport and plays well and scores a few goals,gets himself match fit head down and gets on with it....come back to his own club ready to go and is used very sparingly to say the least...

team go to scunthorpe for a midweek game and he doesnt even make the bench!!!

begs the question why bring him back in the first place,if he is only getting 10 mins here and there it wont belong b4 his fitness levels drop again and hes back to square one.

think stockport were quoted 250k for davies and they backed out...if brighton wnt 300k for murry im sure a deal could be done.

least then you have a proven strikeforce to go at,instead of two decent 30 odd year olds and some kids with a bit of experience.

if hughes and davies does go,then i hope to god he has something up his sleeve,as lewis n wolfy are nowhere near good enough to finish whats been started this season.

least then you have a proven strikeforce to go at,instead of two decent 30 odd year olds and some kids with a bit of experience.

I'd rather let huges go and davies stay. How many more years has huges got. Davies is young and still learing and the potential to be a quailty striker

Good enough to earn him a place in the management’s top 17 players...