Super League XIV

Why do so many people on here support St Helens? I am fairly certain Oldham have a rugby league team, actually I am certain they do I go watching them. I am sure if an Oldham born Man Utd fan came on here it would go down well.

i'm not from Oldham. I grew up 4 miles away from Knowsley Road.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not often you spend two games in one month berating dirty scummy leeds....listened to the game on radio but i'm told that the sky cameras' mics picked up Graham shouting "you b*st*rd, f**king b*st*rd" at Bailey loud and clear :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
Not technically ESL, but...

YES!

V

Easy, Easy, Easy! Reckon Bailey was running scared, his ommission was far too convenient imo. That lot can only beat us when it's raining! Wilkin was amazing at stand-off. Hopefully the draw will be a bit kinder to us, I fancy one of the minnows away, yer know, give them a decent pay-day someone like say the Goons...

What will be will be mate, deserves everything he gets if found guilty, same as for Steveee Gee

Aye lad, aye. But Pryce has admitted his guilt, hasn't he ? Stevie G aint and so 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that...

I'm not saying Saints are wrong to carry on playing him, in fact the more I think about it the more I think they should carry on playing. Just didn't quite sit right with me when I first heard about this, but haveing thought about it more I think the courts should have their say before Saints start having their say, publically.

Edited by Yard Dog

I followed Oldham everywhere before the fans were stabbed in the back by Jim Quinn and the council, Watersheddings WAS Rugby League in Oldham for me, when it met its demise and RL came to BP the writing was on the wall. Although I regularly go and watch Oldham, it is not the same and I have had serious personal grievances with Hamilton which has meant another nail in the coffin for my allegiance to my local team. Oldham is grossly overpriced for 3rd division Rugby for the price of an extra pint you can watch the top-class players in Super League (although way off the Aussies) - my Season Ticket at saints was £119.

ditto,

Although (like my falling away from watching Latics) the fall from grace ran along side going to Uni / then moving to London.

Not the same as Latics were you can go and see them down south / midlands and I'm now heavily involved in London RL. Tend to go to Quins RL when I can and through my playing / coaching the Skolars is now more my team than Oldham these days.

In your face Phil Clarke, in your face...

i must have been watching a different game to sky - Shaun Ainscough man of the match? Kyle Eastmond "looking a bit dodgy/the weak link"? Thought Eastmond had a great game,again,not sure why they only seem to play him against wigan. Had to laugh at the Wigan fans heading for the bar 15 minutes into the game.

i must have been watching a different game to sky - Shaun Ainscough man of the match? Kyle Eastmond "looking a bit dodgy/the weak link"? Thought Eastmond had a great game,again,not sure why they only seem to play him against wigan. Had to laugh at the Wigan fans heading for the bar 15 minutes into the game.

Not the best performance from us, but the lads wanted it so much and only four days after the Leeds game the must have been still aching but to go and put in a performance of such will and desire shows everything I love about Rugby League. As for Noble's Goons, to play like that shows how much they have shafted their coach and fans all season.

If only my football team could show the desire Saints have, no wonder i'm increasingly pissed off at what I see from Latics week in week out. Half-arsed tarts!

Quins final scoreline flattered them ... they were poor, Catalans not much better, watch the last five minutes of saints / Wiggum in the bar.

Hull derby .... great game from start to finish

Yeah the Hull derby was a great tear up. The Standard Cup Final between Waterhead and Saddleworth was a good game too with the underdogs deservedly winning 12-6, looking forward to Bradford leeds toneet now!

i must have been watching a different game to sky - Shaun Ainscough man of the match? Kyle Eastmond "looking a bit dodgy/the weak link"?

Isn't it Press' MOM and not Sky? Still, it was a strange decision.

Not the best performance from us, but the lads wanted it so much and only four days after the Leeds game the must have been still aching but to go and put in a performance of such will and desire shows everything I love about Rugby League. As for Noble's Goons, to play like that shows how much they have shafted their coach and fans all season.

If only my football team could show the desire Saints have, no wonder i'm increasingly pissed off at what I see from Latics week in week out. Half-arsed tarts!

All true. D'you see Wellens at the end with the clash of heads? Just rolled on his side, got up, re-focussed and wiped the blood out of his mouth. Steel, absolute steel...

V

All true. D'you see Wellens at the end with the clash of heads? Just rolled on his side, got up, re-focussed and wiped the blood out of his mouth. Steel, absolute steel...

V

Yead, although from what I've heard he was a bit out of it walking off the field.

V

Look like a very similar injury to Gregan's earlier in the season to me. But when he went to stand up you could see he was wobbly legged (as could the other players who were calling the medics on) and he wasn't really able to focus, must give him credit for holding on to the ball despite being knocked out. Yet I can guarantee if the game had more time to run Wellens won't have been playing in any of it. He's hard but he's not superman.

Look like a very similar injury to Gregan's earlier in the season to me. But when he went to stand up you could see he was wobbly legged (as could the other players who were calling the medics on) and he wasn't really able to focus, must give him credit for holding on to the ball despite being knocked out. Yet I can guarantee if the game had more time to run Wellens won't have been playing in any of it. He's hard but he's not superman.

No, no, no Mr.Doctorman - his head is made of granite. :wink:

Big thankyou goes from myself to the Leeds Rhinos

Leeds 20 - 30 SLXIV Whipping boys Salford

:laught16::laught16::laught16:

After latics today, needed a good laugh!!!!!!!!

If it wasn't for Saints winning i'd be really depressed! Why did I choose to go to BP instead of KR today?

special metion for the Rhinos getting beat of a poor Salford side and the Goons getting dicked as we speak!