Super League XIV

It's a transitional period, Potter will get it right - christ he had a tough act to follow...Jamie Lyon back for next year?

Don't think it'll happen Matt, there's been a lot of rumours so we'll see, never say never but I can't see it happening and how's he playing Down Under? I think stand-off is a worry too as Leon has been poor for weeks, he's been sussed by the decent teams. Personally I think we need someone of the ilk of Darren Albert, now there was a player!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints got lucky.

Leeds will go top tomorrow if they score a few points against a Celtic side without six of their top imports and three key injuries.

Not that top means anything as top and second play at home in the first game of the new playoff structure.

Plus Saints and Leeds play each other (at Leeds I think) the same night we have Hartlepool in a couple of weeks.

Personally I think Potter is out of his depth and many of the players are playing from memory and for their own pride rather than a specific game plan. We were very lucky to beat Wigan the other week and if Warrington had, had a bit more composure they would have beat us as well.

Thought you were being a bit harsh with this but i'm starting to think you've got a point. Conceding 2 tries in the first 6 minutes against a team that's better in defence than going forward doesn't suggest the manager's prepared the team properly. Glad they ground out a result but it sounded like a totally unconvincing performance.

Thought you were being a bit harsh with this but i'm starting to think you've got a point. Conceding 2 tries in the first 6 minutes against a team that's better in defence than going forward doesn't suggest the manager's prepared the team properly. Glad they ground out a result but it sounded like a totally unconvincing performance.

I think the guy is out of his depth, yes we're top of the League but can you see us winning at or even getting to Old Trafford this time round ?- I can't. The same problems are there year after year - a lack of depth in the forwards and :censored:e kicking has cost us big time all season. I know we've got injuries but James Graham at this rate will be another Fielden - burnt out by his late 20s. I know we're signing a couple of props for next year but as good as our kids are we have been over reliant on youth this year and the problem there is like in football, they're great one week - pisspoor the next. Meli played well tonight and Gardener was better than he has been but teams still see those two as the weak link and they kick them to death.

Hopefully Seany Boy will put in a few special performances to end his Saints career on a high, but I'm not convinced we're good enough to win the two games we need to to get to Old Trafford this year.

Saints have a lot of players who are on their last legs.

Cunningham is shot and spends all his time moaning at the ref. Wellens doesn't get the protection he used to and not being the quickest will always struggle. Leon Pryce has been missing since last October. Graham gets used far too much. Long isn't the player he was. Meli is pretty poor.

Saints only look really dangerous when Gidley has the ball or Roby is at dummy half.

Eastmond looks a class act (but aren't all Oldham boys that turn their hand to Rugby League) but needs to be brought through.

Saints under Potter look set in attack but don't seem to bother with sliding defence and the forward battle lacks a lot of fire.

Saints have a lot of players who are on their last legs.

Cunningham is shot and spends all his time moaning at the ref. Wellens doesn't get the protection he used to and not being the quickest will always struggle. Leon Pryce has been missing since last October. Graham gets used far too much. Long isn't the player he was. Meli is pretty poor.

Saints only look really dangerous when Gidley has the ball or Roby is at dummy half.

Eastmond looks a class act (but aren't all Oldham boys that turn their hand to Rugby League) but needs to be brought through.

Saints under Potter look set in attack but don't seem to bother with sliding defence and the forward battle lacks a lot of fire.

To be fair our forwards have been injured for most of the season - only Graham and Puletua have played week in week out with Cayless, F'asavalu and Hargreaves all being out for long stretches. We've two new props arriving for next season - hopefully that will ease the burden on Graham.

Agree re: Pryce he's not even doing it against the poorer sides anymore. Meli's better than Gardener, but if I could bin them both in favour of wingers that could catch a football they'd be gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone see the left hook senior dished out to gibson?

:violent111:

And he only got sinbinned for it too

Heard he got MOTM as well (don't know how true that is, i got told that by my mate who's a dirty Leeds fan and has no interest in RL other than when he wants to take the piss). Didn't see the game (was unfortunate enough to be at BP on Friday night) but i believe Saints played better than they have for a while and the referee had a shocker.

Heard he got MOTM as well (don't know how true that is, i got told that by my mate who's a dirty Leeds fan and has no interest in RL other than when he wants to take the piss). Didn't see the game (was unfortunate enough to be at BP on Friday night) but i believe Saints played better than they have for a while and the referee had a shocker.

Sky +ed it, watched it without knowing the score :disappointed: On a brighter not one of my students is Kyle Eastmond's nephew :lol:

It was Gilmore.

It was Wilkin, Gilmore and Smith had a little ding dong about four minute before.

I watched the game when I got in from watching Latics. It was a little bit of a contrast watching players putting their bodies on the line in a game fuelled by sheer passion after watching Oldham doing their thing.

I don't think Wilkin will mouth off at anyone for a while. He went down like a sack of spuds from a short hook.

Do not :awooga: with the big boys.

Cannot wait for the play-offs now.

And I thought Latics form was :censored:e! 6 defeats in 9 for Saints never mind discussing Penney's premature departure it's surely time serious questions were asked of Mick Potter, I mean Harry friggin' Potter could get more out his team that this berk!

Considering how trigger happy the Saints board have been in the past, it's a case of when rather than if. Who do you reckon they'll get to replace him?

Considering how trigger happy the Saints board have been in the past, it's a case of when rather than if. Who do you reckon they'll get to replace him?

Morgan's done a good job at Hull KR and they play with a lot of flair after that I'm struggling and I think we'd have to look Down Under for a coach used to winning things. However, personally I'd try and poach Smith from Warrington - a winner whose teams play with flair and a steely resolve. Not going to happen though! :disappointed:

I reckon Potter will oversee failure in the Play Offs and a crap start to 2010 before getting his cards in April/May next year unfortunately :unsure:

Morgan's done a good job at Hull KR and they play with a lot of flair after that I'm struggling and I think we'd have to look Down Under for a coach used to winning things. However, personally I'd try and poach Smith from Warrington - a winner whose teams play with flair and a steely resolve. Not going to happen though! :disappointed:

I reckon Potter will oversee failure in the Play Offs and a crap start to 2010 before getting his cards in April/May next year unfortunately :unsure:

Well you're (a) up; and can (B) read. Why are ther 27 games? How is it decided who plays who for that extra game?

NB. Who will win this year?

Rumour around the amateur scene is that Bobby Goulding and Chris Joynt are being lined up to replace 'Brian'. :unsure:

Absolutely no chance. Legend of a player, decent record as a manager, but i think his off-field antics while he was at Saints have ruled out any chance of him returning.