Playoffs?

anybody who doesnt think we will hit the playoffs,are mad...what happened to optimism and hope.

I'd suggest that anyone who bases their opinion on optimism and hope rather than reality and fact is mad.

I think we will miss out on the play-offs (Based on what I've seen).

I'd like to think I'm going to be wrong (Based on optimism and hope).

Ceers for that, I must have had us down for a couple of wins where you've gone for draws - I thought I was being critical... I think in all honesty that I've gone for a worse case scenario run of results - I hope that we'll make the play offs pretty comfortably but i would take the 75 points and feel above tranmere on goal difference any day of the week

Ceers for that, I must have had us down for a couple of wins where you've gone for draws - I thought I was being critical... I think in all honesty that I've gone for a worse case scenario run of results - I hope that we'll make the play offs pretty comfortably but i would take the 75 points and feel above tranmere on goal difference any day of the week

I think at best it's going to be tight for 6th and at worst we'll end up 10th. Between the two positions it'll be about 7 or 8 points the difference. It ain't good reading but we are now seeing the result of not beating sides at home when in all honesty we should have taken them to the cleaners if we are as good as we think we are....

A comfortable 10th placed finish for us IMO, and the season will peter out by mid April.

Doesn't matter if we are good enough to win them - we ain't getting there in the first place.

Derek.

Shut up! We're going up you miserable melon farmer, and that's a fact!

Simple questions:

Will we make the play offs? If we do are we good enough to win them?

Hate to be negative but i'm going " no " for both.

Will we make it... Yes (we certainly have the players)

Are we good enough to win it.... Yes (again we certainly have the players)

We have the players, but they are slowly dragging us out of the race.

is it the players dragging us out or the managers tactics and so on dragging us out????

players like hughes,greegan windass and maybe liddell,will want to go up for one last hoorah in a higher league.

chris taylor eardly hazell maher will want to go up,to prove they can do it...the only ones i see being in a panick over it are the younger ones,i:e will i be good enough...

if we get anything from saturdays game,and its a big ask..then i hope we go on another of those 9 or 10 games unbeaten run,only this time convert draws into wins,and prove everybody wrong.

Well that's it then. I'll pack away the scarf and ST. No point in going . Thanks for the info.

I know the aim HAS to be promotion, but, isn't the point of going to the football to actually enjoy the build-up, game, atmosphere, pies and basking in the glow of a win afterwards? I enjoy the whole thing, apart from initially having to sit on a cold seat.

Playoffs at best, Wembley in hope.

... isn't the point of going to the football to actually enjoy the build-up, game, atmosphere, pies and basking in the glow of a win afterwards? I enjoy the whole thing, apart from initially having to sit on a cold seat.

Stand at the back with the singers Nikki - (stewards permitting) problem solved!

No and no...

We're going to launch a great run of 17 straight wins, win the league, then go on to eventually win the Championship, and have the Premier and Champions League titles under our belts within 3 years ;)

With the current squad i would say its touch and go. We lack in the most important area of the pitch in centre midfield imo. Allott does well but i dont think Whittaker isn't up to personally and maher is to much like Allott. So unless Shez finds somebody within the current squad or finds a gem when the loan market reopens then i'll have my doubts. But if he does, and does quickly then we could end up going into the playoffs the form team.

• 1 month later...

There's clearly a huge gap between optimism and realism. Many members of the board had realised we were too deeply set into the downward rut to recover, yet others were adamant we were going to jolt ourselves out of it and gain promotion.

I'd love to have shared the hope and optimism, but I've seen enough football to have realised our season was over in February.

Did that make me a D&G'er or realist? - Who cares? All I know is that I (Like many others) was right, and I honestly wish I hadn't been, but I'm not bitter about the ridiculous comments I received about my opinion - just sad that some of the optimists wouldn't believe that the realists may just have had a point.

I think there's more chance of a mysterious travelling gypsy caravan pitching up on our front lawn, summoning the Romany fairies to present the sacred fairy gold - whilst whistling "Dreamer" by Supertramp.

This I would like to see. Especially the plinky-plonky-plink bit at the end.

This I would like to see. Especially the plinky-plonky-plink bit at the end.

I'm sure Roger Hodgson would be delighted to hear of the outro to one of his greatest works referred to as 'The plinky plonky plink bit at the end'. :grin:

Reason for edit: Too busy humming the tune to concentrate on my typing.

Edited by outoftheblue

I was being all onomatopoeic as well :(

You won't sound intelligent until you spell it correctly..... :wink:

Anyway, should it not be;

Plink-plink-plink-plink-plenk plenk-plonk-plink-plonk-plink ??

Please redeem yourself by converting it into musical notation (Or get some bloody work done! :) )