Playoffs?

Simple questions:

Will we make the play offs? If we do are we good enough to win them?

Hate to be negative but i'm going " no " for both.

Honest opinion? No, I don't think we'll make the playoffs. If we do, anyone can win them - it's all about who's in form at the right time.

This time two years ago, there was no chance Blackpool would finish third.

i think we will make the playoffs....im still hoping we get our act together and secure second place and do it that way.

our track record isnt great in playoffs...but it has to change sooner or later...

all depends who comes in on loan,think were after 1 but if hughes achilles is playing up maybe 2 might come in....

onwards and upwards,although were inconsistant anybody who doesnt think we will hit the playoffs,are mad...what happened to optimism and hope.

This time two years ago, Blackpool were 7th...six points off 3rd with a game in hand.

Huddersfield are nine points off 3rd currently, and have played two games more than Scunny.

Edited by jsslatic

im still hoping we get our act together and secure second place and do it that way.

I think there's more chance of a mysterious travelling gypsy caravan pitching up on our front lawn, summoning the Romany fairies to present the sacred fairy gold - whilst whistling "Dreamer" by Supertramp.

This time two years ago, Blackpool were 7th...six points off 3rd with a game in hand.

Huddersfield are nine points off 3rd currently, and have played two games more than Scunny.

Well, that's that then.

I think the current top 7 clubs will make up the final top 7. Hopefully Latics aren't the team to finish 7th which they will be if they don't improve quickly. Auto is long gone daydreamers. By my reckoning we'd need 91-94 points....which is 14/15 wins. :lol:

Fancy letting the truth get in the way of a (not very) well researched point. Bah!

We'll make the play offs. Then it's a lottery.

I think there's more chance of a mysterious travelling gypsy caravan pitching up on our front lawn, summoning the Romany fairies to present the sacred fairy gold - whilst whistling "Dreamer" by Supertramp.

Would you like to buy some lucky HEATHER ? :huh:

Typical Latics....

Play Off spot until a week before the end of the season. Lose last 2 games, players caught in "Shopping at Tesco Scandal "

They shopped a night before a game so therefore they dont care and we finsh 8th again.

Or

Shez can pull his finger out, practice Corners and free Kicks, use the two wide lads like they should be used and service the two upfront and stop having them come too deep to collect the ball to be dangerous.

If this happens, I can see us finishing 4th and a trip to Wembley on the cards :wink:

Would you like to buy some lucky HEATHER ? :huh:

Typical Latics....

A. Play Off spot until a week before the end of the season. Lose last 2 games, players caught in "Shopping at Tesco Scandal "

They shopped a night before a game so therefore they dont care and we finsh 8th again.

Or

B. Shez can pull his finger out, practice Corners and free Kicks, use the two wide lads like they should be used and service the two upfront and stop having them come too deep to collect the ball to be dangerous.

If this happens, I can see us finishing 4th and a trip to Wembley on the cards :wink:

I'll go for 'B' - it's not how you start it's how you finish ('though where we would be right now if we hadn't had such a good start...) - Shez will get it right - the players will get it right and we, the fans, will get it gloriously right - Wemberleeeeeeeeeee!

Ohhhhhh be careful Corporal Jones will be after you!

We'll get a play off spot minimum. Nothing that happens at this level of football should surprise us, inconsistency, injuries/suspensions to small squads, pressure all tell at the end. Mentioned this a couple of weeks back, somebody reminded me about Forest last season. After 39 games they were 11 points behind second place, having played a game more, I bet not many at Forest thought they had a cat in hells chance of owt but the play offs. I wasn't sure about this info then, so I checked it out and here it is:

Carlisle go up?????

Now just let me spell this out. This doesn't of course mean Latics will do the same, it doesn't mean Latics current position is fine because "look what Forest did", it doesn't mean anything like this will ever happen again. It simply means "football is a funny old game", and whilst we're on cliché bingo, "it's not over until the fat lady sings". I just thought I'd better point that out for Corporal "the cult" Jones!

A comfortable 10th placed finish for us IMO, and the season will peter out by mid April.

Doesn't matter if we are good enough to win them - we ain't getting there in the first place.

Derek.

Well that's it then. I'll pack away the scarf and ST. No point in going . Thanks for the info.