I'd just like to say

If it's any consolation, I am having a truly awesome day - I suppose it's that yin and yang concept - cheers! :grin:

Well BigDog, I'm sincerely looking forward to your absolute :censored: of a day on Monday! :wink:

Edited by danoafc

Ive had an interesting week. On Wednesday my workplace was raided by student protestors in support of the pallestinians. Yesterday morning I found my car window smashed in (nothing to do with the above), as well as my girlfriends and a neighbours. I was off work yesterday sorting that out. Came into work today to find it had turned into Fort Knox as the protestors were still there two days on. At half 12 the FD gave my a ring to tell me to get everyone out of the office within 5 mins and go home. So now i've got a half day off.

How many girlfriends have you got and why were they smashed in?

I'm happy (been at home ALL week) :grin: and practiced my snowman building technique.

Derek, bad news. (the job, not the lift back from Leicester!) Hope you get sorted quickly.

No worries Garcon.

You will be please to know I am still mad, I have now got Orient tickets, a lift back from Leicester and a couple of interviews lined up.

Not the end of the world obviously.

Derek.

Well. I'm having a very good day. Snowed in. Logged on remotely but havent had a single e-mail of phone call today. Half the country is snowed in again so i think everyone has just gone sod it, and started the weekend early.

Spent most of the day downloading music and application on itunes - Real Football 2009 and Brothers In Arms on the Iphone... simply superb....

:)

You got an iphone too? I love mine! It gets pretty addictive. What's Real Football like?

Cheers.

You got an iphone too? I love mine! It gets pretty addictive. What's Real Football like?

Cheers.

Like sensible soccer :o) ...... only you may win at 'real' lol ... Just thought I would mention that I have it for the X box (SS) .... am ready for July ..... :grin:

Like sensible soccer :o) ...... only you may win at 'real' lol ... Just thought I would mention that I have it for the X box (SS) .... am ready for July ..... :grin:

Keep on topic please:

"I'd just like to say..." that wall was never back 10 yards! :grin:

So am I. Its my birthday tomorrow, and I'm going to Casualty after work tonight because I think I've broken some ribs playing football :mad:

Like everyone else said I wouldn't bother. They probably won't x-ray it. And you get to spend ages in casualty waiting whilst they treat all the old ladies who slipped on the ice and broke their hips first. You might get some codeine out of it- but loads of people don't like taking that because of the side-effects. I'd pop down my nearest pharmacy (including Tesco etc.) if I was you and get some co-codamol- which is about the strongest pain killer they can give you. If your ribs are still bothering you on Monday- go see your GP (if you can get in).

PS OS's idea of taking a slab of cider with you won't work- you're not allowed to bring alcohol on to NHS property- all you'd be doing is funding someone's party/night

Edited by rudemedic

Half the country is snowed in again so i think everyone has just gone sod it, and started the weekend early.

You know i dont seem to get all this snow panic, im sure theyre showing pics of some northern scottish town on tv but from diff angles so u think its bloody devon.....

Tuesday morning, drove to Staford and back. Tusday afternoon/early evening - Doncaster and back.

Weds, down to London on train and drove back.

Yesterday, drove to Newcastle, then Durham, then back home.

Today, train to London and drove back again.

The only snow ive seen all week is in my back bloody garden in Royton! Its a conspiracy I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked real football out on ythe apps store. Its a 3d jobbie!!!! Sensi soccer was 2d!!!!!

Waaaaaay off topic...

:imnotworthy: SWOS! :imnotworthy:

I have a patched PC version that works on XP (I've not used it on my Vista PC) if you want it drop me a PM with yer email. I think it's got up to 2006 squads in it, but there's an editor if you want to muck about with the bits and bobs. Glide graphics, updated chants, kits, balls, and stadia...

a_med_1.jpg

Sticking off topic (since it's 1.30am, who cares):

iPhone: awesome. Bought one last weekend (been thinking about it for ages) and I'm a sucker for cool-looking gadgets. Lots of very handy apps out there too.

SWoS: also awesome. But I bought the Xbox Live Arcade update and I'm absolutely rubbish at it. Just can't win at all. I reckon it's because I'm not playing on an Amiga with a Zipstick Super Pro. Yeah, that must be it.

Sticking off topic (since it's 1.30am, who cares):

iPhone: awesome. Bought one last weekend (been thinking about it for ages) and I'm a sucker for cool-looking gadgets. Lots of very handy apps out there too.

SWoS: also awesome. But I bought the Xbox Live Arcade update and I'm absolutely rubbish at it. Just can't win at all. I reckon it's because I'm not playing on an Amiga with a Zipstick Super Pro. Yeah, that must be it.

Zipstick_super_pro.jpg

Remember Kick Off? I was rubbish at that...

Zipstick! Happy days. TBH this version of SWOS is much harder than I remember it being on the Amiga and the SNES. But I still managed to beat Hudds 4-0....

Cheers.

As has been said, Real Footie is nowt like sensi on the Iphone... It is fantastic... Tbh, not too much different at all from Fifa on the PSP, with a few technical limitations - obviously.

I have to say some of the new games on the Iphone have stunned me... It has already ruled out the need for another phone/Ipod/Computer virtually... now it is about to batter handheld consoles....

Top 3 for me that I have downloaded...

1. Brothers in Arms - once you get used to the controls, its absolutely brilliant. Amazing Graphics.

2. Sim City - Yes, Sim City - pretty much a direct conversion from Sim City 3000

3. Real Football - as above...

Welll worth £3-5 quid a pop!