Frank Ashton - Missing Latics Fan

Frank Ashton

Frank has been missing since November. Has been going for 40+ years , many of you will know him.

Back in the 60s/early 70s was known as "Mad Frank" , in the Glodwick Mob.

0,,10337~5329843,00.jpg

Anyone with information should contact:

Oldham Police

Tel: 0161 856 9075.

Edited by Ackey
Additional Information Added

0,,10337~5329843,00.jpg

HAVE YOU SEEN MISSING FAN?

Posted on: Mon 09 Feb 2009

Greater Manchester Police have issued an appeal for information regarding the whereabouts of a missing Latics fan.

Frank Ashton disappeared from his home in November 2008 and has not been seen since. Police are concerned about his whereabouts.

Have you seen this man .........

GMP have asked the club in tracing a known Latics fan who is missing since November.

Anyone who recognises him and knows about his current location is asked to contact GMP.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1550791,00.html

We've pinned a thread at the top of the message board so it doesn't get lost or disregarded in the other posts.

Remember this Guy very well from 70,s and 80,s away games.

I will try and out a link to this on Carl Spiers Facebook,if anybody might have seen him it would be Carl.

Carl thinks he has definately seen him in the Greaves over the last few weeks.

Frank Ashton

Frank has been missing since November. Has been going for 40+ years , many of you will know him.

Back in the 60s/early 70s was known as "Mad Frank" , in the Glodwick Mob.

0,,10337~5329843,00.jpg

Anyone with information should contact:

Oldham Police

Tel: 0161 856 9075.

Hope he is found safe and well.

Do you think we should set up a search for the other 8,000 or so Latics fans that have been missing for the last 20 years?

Hope he is found safe and well.

Do you think we should set up a search for the other 8,000 or so Latics fans that have been missing for the last 20 years?

No reflection on Frank.

It's not a problem finding the other 8,000 or so, and they're content with their memories of the few good times watching Latics. They just have an aversion to going to BP.

No reflection on Frank.

It's not a problem finding the other 8,000 or so, and they're content with their memories of the few good times watching Latics. They just have an aversion to going to BP.

It was in the Chron yesterday, apparently there is a warrant out for his arrest.

Publishing that isn't going to encourage him to come back, is it?

...and innocent people go to ground when the police want to ask questions.

Has he "gone to Ground"?

As I said,somebody already said they have seen him out in public.

Might be a guilty as hell,but WE havnt a clue if he is or not have we?

Has he "gone to Ground"?

As I said,somebody already said they have seen him out in public.

Might be a guilty as hell,but WE havnt a clue if he is or not have we?

I don't think I said that he had. I said innocent people don't go to ground...

The fact of the matter is that this gentleman cannot be found, and it seems people need to find him quickly - otherwise checks at his home address, or the hospital, holidays or with friends would've come up with something. The Police apparently don't know - hence "Anyone with information should contact Oldham Police". If there is a warrant for his arrest, it looks like it's serious. On reflection, I hope that he is okay and is not in any trouble - honestly I do, and you are right of course - innocent until proven guilty.

How do you know he isn't/hasn't already been found guilty previously??

I dont.I was making an obvious statement that a lot of people seem to forget.

Havnt seen this Guy in Donkeys years,I didnt know him that well anyhow,just on letting on terms at away matches.

I dont.I was making an obvious statement that a lot of people seem to forget.

Havnt seen this Guy in Donkeys years,I didnt know him that well anyhow,just on letting on terms at away matches.

Yeah i know...I was just posing a 'possibility' that it may be unlikely that the press/police had released such a statement, wording it as they had done, if the guy had not been previously 'charged' for this.

I'm sure the press have to be careful around this type of wording, if not factual