OWTP!?

Ackey

OWTP  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the club having a one off pink kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy a pink shirt, if the money went to a cancer charity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

That shirt is absolute quality.... I think Pink sports strips are great, dont ask why, I just do*... and am incredibly excited about this... gonna try and keep a bit of wedge aside for next month to try and get my hands on one....

Brilliant!

Pity its not on general sale IMO. Looks a million times better than the monkey Sick one... which I own and have never worn as it is pathetic in every way....

*It a totally hetrosexual way of course...

Edited by BigfinLatic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that 18% of people thus far have voted NO to supporting the club wearing a pink shirt as a one off for charity! :shock:

I can understand that people might not want to buy one, but being against us wearing one as a one off?! :huh:

100% behind this one - it follows in a great and growing tradition of clubs putting something back (Barcelona, Villa, Wednesday) and it is a great gesture which will get good coverage on Sky and in the media in general.

Also - I would try and get one for the wife - pink is her favourite colour... :wink:

I can't believe that 18% of people thus far have voted NO to supporting the club wearing a pink shirt as a one off for charity! :shock:

I can understand that people might not want to buy one, but being against us wearing one as a one off?! :huh:

I hope to God they don't sell it. My nine year old lass is a real tom boy and has all the previous 5 kits but she wouldn't be seen dead in pink normally! I don't know how she would cope with having to make the decision!

It's not exactly going to help Gregan's arse go unnoticed!

I'll definitely have one if they go on sale. Some of you guys need to lighten up! I don't think I'll ever worn pink but I don't think it would turn me if I did... a bit of piss taking from my mates or in the street I can live with...

Some of you guys need to lighten up! I don't think I'll ever worn pink but I don't think it would turn me if I did... a bit of piss taking from my mates or in the street I can live with...

Aye. I wear pink regularly for work - In fact I've a pink and white pinstripe shirt on today! :blush:

Surely some-one on this board must have some contact with the commercial department to pass on the results of this poll. Claerly there is a demand. It would be foolish for them not to do so when faced with these stats

That's not a bad idea, there's not much point me bidding in the auction for the matchday shirts - but I'll buy one in the shop, and maybe a percentage of the price could go to the charity as well? We'll see what we can do...

That's not a bad idea, there's not much point me bidding in the auction for the matchday shirts - but I'll buy one in the shop, and maybe a percentage of the price could go to the charity as well? We'll see what we can do...

I think this would be fantastic. As has been said above, if they are worried about costs, set a date and get people to pre-order, then they can get an exact number shipped over. I'd buy one in a shot. I know there is a cost implication, but even shove an extra fiver on em for the good cause... I'd still but it...

What I would be mightily annoyed about is if they run the auction and I pay a couple of ton for one... and then they announce they go on sale after...

Get them on sale Latics!!!

Yes to wearing it, no to buying it - not because of the colour or anything, but since the proliferation of away kits (new design ever year hidden behind the 'its the third kit' crap) I have stopped buying them. Would prefer to donate a £10 to the charity than buy one.

I think its a great move by the club. Televised games on Sky do not have a lot of build up for League One and this may ensure the focus is on us and not 'Massive Leeds'; it will get media attention beyond the Sky coverage = joint success. Promotion of the club and a charity.

But if the club try to sell the kits, don't they have to play a percentage of games in said kit?

I've wore pink, I agree with the endorsement and I think I would buy one. If anybody has any homophobic comments for me, stick them up your arse.