OWTP!?

Ackey

OWTP  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the club having a one off pink kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy a pink shirt, if the money went to a cancer charity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a bad idea, there's not much point me bidding in the auction for the matchday shirts - but I'll buy one in the shop, and maybe a percentage of the price could go to the charity as well? We'll see what we can do...

Or why not raffle the shirts off £1 or £2 a go (maybe more?). That way lots of people will have chance to win one whilst contributing to the charity instead of the 17 with the greatest ability to splash some cash getting them, again!

But if the club try to sell the kits, don't they have to play a percentage of games in said kit?

I've wore pink, I agree with the endorsement and I think I would buy one. If anybody has any homophobic comments for me, stick them up your arse.

I'm pretty sure they could get special dispensation from the league, providing a high enough percentage of the cost was going to charity. Or even indeed if Latics weren't making any profit at all on the shirts. A pure charity/PR move if you will.

But if the club try to sell the kits, don't they have to play a percentage of games in said kit?

The Brizzle rovers Pink Kit was only ever made for 1 game, and I'm pretty sure went on sale subsequently as I have seen a few knocking about... sure there are many ways and means any such rule could be ignored.... As we are wearing it for an actual game as well....

Thank god it's a one off for a good cause because i never thought that even Latics would come up with a kit in a worse colour than the current away kit.

Still it should make them play better because they will look nancy boys from the start so they will have to put on a class show otherwise they will just confirm it !!!!!!

The Brizzle rovers Pink Kit was only ever made for 1 game, and I'm pretty sure went on sale subsequently as I have seen a few knocking about... sure there are many ways and means any such rule could be ignored.... As we are wearing it for an actual game as well....

Gas at Gay Meadow

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...rticle41660.ece

Think that article answers all our questions.... ask fans to place pre-orders, get the chinese-sweat shops in gear to make the appropriate amounts, shove the profits to charity and we will be fine...

... and we can all skip merrily hand in hand down sheepfoot lane, Pink'ed up to the max, feeling good about ourselves drinking alco-pops and strawberry mohitos, whilst listening to Girls aloud and steps, before the game with leeds scum :)

Yes I would support it as a one-off.

No I would not buy one, living in Brighton it's not something I could wear walking round town.

If that is you in the picture then I don't think you would have anything to worry about sailor. :cardinal::biker::disguise::afro::bobby:

I am down your way from Monday to Thursday, whats the weather like?

Looks fine to me. Yes and yes.

Ok, wearing pink when you're 6'2 and 16 stone can look a bit odd, but I've been guilty of more than a few fashion crimes in the past - I wouldn't mind doing it for Club and Charidee.

I seem to remember you wearing a pink golf top last time i played a round with you (not homophobic comments please :wink: )

I dont think we would be able to buy shirts as a limited number may be made and auctioned off after the game........ :huh:

shhhh

Gregan on Granada news today mentioned it would be good to see the fans in them and they will be available to buy... I would imagine the shirts they wear for the game will be available to buy at auction.. would love a pink kit, anyone know if any others will go on open sale?

I'm all in favour of Latics doing this for charity and perhaps it could be an annual thing (different charity every year type of situation). I'd buy a pink shirt even if the money went solely to the club nevermind some of it going to charity (but I can't afford to buy a special edition version if the price is that much higher). Like some of the other posters I quite often wear pink to go to work (I even have a pink t-shirt which gets worn in the summer), I'm comfortable with wearing it and will just have to remember to keep a shirt free for the 2nd. Breast Cancer UK has had a 'wear pink day' at least twice in the past and I've done my bit then.

I actually had the idea in November that I think Oldham could be manly enough to have a day-glo pink shirt for an away shirt (on a more permanent basis) and judging by some of the responses I could be right.

Link for those that don't believe me: http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry189401

Emailed AH to congratulate the club on the gesture and to ask if there was any chance of them being made into replicas in response to the positive reception on here. This was his reply:

Thanks for the email.

We are auctioning the player’s kit off after the game but at this stage had not considered doing a small run of replicas.

It may be something we would need to consider doing in view of the interest from fans.

Alan

So we have been on Sky Sports Granada BBC and its on the front page of tonights MEN its an inspired piece of thinking if you ask me getting us a large amount of publicity and helping an excellent charity in the process. My Gran had Breast Cancer a couple of years ago and managed to survive because they were able to spot the disease early and take action if it hadn't been for these types of charities contributing to the research she may not be here now. Plus if we do a good deed it hopefully will come back to us.

Emailed AH to congratulate the club on the gesture and to ask if there was any chance of them being made into replicas in response to the positive reception on here. This was his reply:

Thanks for the email.

We are auctioning the player’s kit off after the game but at this stage had not considered doing a small run of replicas.

It may be something we would need to consider doing in view of the interest from fans.

Alan

Quality josh... Good work matey. As I say, I just hope they decide soon and sort this out before the auction happens. As I say.. Surely it is a win/win situation if they sort out a preorder.

Thanks for the email.

Alan

Football Club In Helping Good Cause AND Listening To Its Fans Shocker! Good work mate, hope they sort something. Maybe when they get a run of replicas made they can get a pair of shorts made that actually fit Gregan, the ones he's wearing for the photo don't leave anything to the imagination.

Football Club In Helping Good Cause AND Listening To Its Fans Shocker! Good work mate, hope they sort something. Maybe when they get a run of replicas made they can get a pair of shorts made that actually fit Gregan, the ones he's wearing for the photo don't leave anything to the imagination.

Pink actually suits Gregan, but when Chris Taylor looks in the mirror wearing his pink shirt, God help him. Life can be cruel when you're a ginger nut!

I seem to remember you wearing a pink golf top last time i played a round with you (not homophobic comments please :wink: )

Bloody Hell! It must have made an impression for you to remember that!

Next you'll be saying it put you off your stroke! :wink:

Ps. My leather chaps were at the dry cleaners that day - I don't normally feel comfortable mincing up the fairway without them...