Ernie Flag Shock

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my point, Rich. What they have done isn't sick and perverse as such. They have no idea who Ernie Cooksey is and, to be honest, why would they? None of us would be any the wiser if a Spanish player, who had spent his Career in the bottom two divisions or Non League had died. And if we saw a flag with said Spanish players name on, we would still have no idea who he was.

You're telling me that you would not Google his name to find out who he was? Then when you realised what you'd stolen, you wouldn't have pangs of guilt?

You're telling me that you would not Google his name to find out who he was? Then when you realised what you'd stolen, you wouldn't have pangs of guilt?

Not for one second would I ....... Stealing oppo supporters flags is a big thing in Europe, if I had attacked innocent supporters to steal a flag in the first place do you honestly think that I'd give to hoots that it was in memory of a dead English lower league player. Why would I!!!!

Not for one second would I ....... Stealing oppo supporters flags is a big thing in Europe, if I had attacked innocent supporters to steal a flag in the first place do you honestly think that I'd give to hoots that it was in memory of a dead English lower league player. Why would I!!!!

Because you understand what football emotions are all about and you represent honour amongst thieves.

I’m with Diego on this. I have spent my life dotting I’s and crossing t’s and being positive. It doesn’t always work but I have often been surprised by the results. Yeah, I doubt the flag will not be found but other opportunities may present themselves that could be of equal or greater benefit overall.

Who dares wins Rodders, who dares wins.

Again, not being picky or condoning it, but, by all accounts, they only punched Mark when he tried scuffling with them to get the flag back.

we all know it isnt right what has happened and what has gone on,it is out of order in this day and age,one lad in hospital with a broken jaw needing an operation to correct it.

if it happened over here and the people who did it were found and brought to book,they would be punished and the lad in question would get compensation or damages awarded.

however because it happened over there and also at a football match i suspect thats the end of it.

but i seriously doubt for one moment that those who did this give a :censored: about the flag,or whos name is on it or what club,it will most likely have been discarded never to be thought of again.they havent got a consience or they wouldnt of attacked in the first place..

Again, not being picky or condoning it, but, by all accounts, they only punched Mark when he tried scuffling with them to get the flag back.

To clarify, I did not, at any point 'scuffle' with anyone. I simply grabbed on to the flag and wouldn't let go. I didn't lay a finger on anyone.

I agree with what has been said regarding the reasons the flag was taken. It was a trophy to them and they didn't care less what it said on it.

To clarify, I did not, at any point 'scuffle' with anyone. I simply grabbed on to the flag and wouldn't let go. I didn't lay a finger on anyone.

I agree with what has been said regarding the reasons the flag was taken. It was a trophy to them and they didn't care less what it said on it.

If your the lad who's picture was in the Chron, I remember you from the train back from Crewe last season.

I want to know how many pints Mark had had not to realise his jaw was broken until later... Reminds me of a mate who sued his council for £7,000 for tripping over an uneven pavement. He forgot to mention that he only knew his arm was broken when it started to hurt lifting his pint in the next pub.

I want to know how many pints Mark had had not to realise his jaw was broken until later... Reminds me of a mate who sued his council for £7,000 for tripping over an uneven pavement. He forgot to mention that he only knew his arm was broken when it started to hurt lifting his pint in the next pub.

i once broke my hand punching a wall....didnt realise for about 6 or 7 hours until it started to develope its own heartbeat,wasnt really swollen or anything,just looked a bit red.

i think youmust have to be pretty shandied up to not know your jaw is broke though,lol

i once broke my hand punching a wall....didnt realise for about 6 or 7 hours until it started to develope its own heartbeat,wasnt really swollen or anything,just looked a bit red.

i think youmust have to be pretty shandied up to not know your jaw is broke though,lol

I broke my leg last week and played on for over an hour... it's amazing what the body can put up with!

I broke my leg last week and played on for over an hour... it's amazing what the body can put up with!

Well once I went in for such an hospital ball their centre forward took my head clean off - and awarded them the sodding penalty. Which I saved of course, and duly went on to receive man of the match. It wasn't until I felt a bit of neck-ache in the showers after the game that I realised my head was still in the 18yd box.

Well once I went in for such an hospital ball their centre forward took my head clean off - and awarded them the sodding penalty. Which I saved of course, and duly went on to receive man of the match. It wasn't until I felt a bit of neck-ache in the showers after the game that I realised my head was still in the 18yd box.

:lol: