Schmiechel or Butdz

Sheridan has made enquiries for a number of keepers including Manchester City’s Kasper Schmeichel and Hartlepool’s Danish No 2 Jan Budtz.

In the event of Sheridan being unable to sign a keeper, he will either have to give first-year professional Josh Bell a debut or play striker Dean Windass, who took over at Leicester where he kept a clean sheet after Fleming’s dismissal.

I think you're giving Windass a bit too much credit here. Granted hes a total legend for his performance last week, but the defence in front of him was pretty oustanding that day and took alot of the pressure off. Put him in net for 90 mins and the defence have an off day and we are looking at a rout.

My heart says play Windass, my head says play Bell or get a loanee in.

If it comes down to having to fork out a months wages that we may struggle to afford to cover for one game then it has to be Windass in nets and pray to the footballing gods that the defence have a blinder.

We could start with Bell or Mysterious loanee keeper X, what happens if he gets injured or sent off? The it will be Windass or Lomax in nets and we are stuck possibly paying a fee for a loanee injured keeper and his wages!

Sheridan has made enquiries for a number of keepers including Manchester City’s Kasper Schmeichel and Hartlepool’s Danish No 2 Jan Budtz.

In the event of Sheridan being unable to sign a keeper, he will either have to give first-year professional Josh Bell a debut or play striker Dean Windass, who took over at Leicester where he kept a clean sheet after Fleming’s dismissal.

If Sheridan picks Windass ahead of Bell then he has lost the plot - he has had a week to get someone in and here we are on Friday afternoon with no announcement - :disappointed:

Time for a new heart me thinks...:)

Noncesense!

It would be quality to see Dean line up in nets tomorrow and he would love it too winding the fans up behind the goals, having a laugh and acting the clown. Plus how good would it be knowing we won the game with a striker in nets?

My heart says play Windass, my head says play Bell or get a loanee in.

If it comes down to having to fork out a months wages that we may struggle to afford to cover for one game then it has to be Windass in nets and pray to the footballing gods that the defence have a blinder.

We could start with Bell or Mysterious loanee keeper X, what happens if he gets injured or sent off? The it will be Windass or Lomax in nets and we are stuck possibly paying a fee for a loanee injured keeper and his wages!

You cannot be serious BT. If Sheridan plays anyone other than a keeper, be it rookie or not I will personally knock on Corney's door and tell him to relieve Sheridan of his duties. Not only that I will lose all faith in OAFC being considered a pro club.