BREAKING NEWS ;O)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from sports with small team numbers this would be very difficult to implement..... physical make up / differnces of the male / female bodies seem to prevent this. Hence girls are allow to play football with boys up to a certain age until males androgen hormone starts to develop more rapidly.

Nice one...answers the question about why they have to stop playing together after 11.

You might not like it but that is a purely sexist statement.

Explain to me which part of the game a women could not do ? You seriously think a women couldn't take a Gregan special ?

Is it really? Why?

A woman could take a Gregan special. But would she come back after 2? 3? 4?...some men take one and dont go near him again all game.

There is nothing they "couldnt do", but in general they wouldnt be as good. I can play football (badly). I could play for Latics, but I would be out of my depth. If women were allowed to play professional football they would be out of their depth from about middle of league one and above (and thats the very good women). The men would be stronger, quicker and have more endurance. I've watched womens football. Its a lot lot slower, and the players are weaker. And things like shot power, well women cant compare. They would struggle to win cock all in the air. And that is just at our level.

I actually hope they give it a go now, just to prove me right.

There is nothing they "couldnt do", but in general they wouldnt be as good.

Before anybody jumps down his throat I think this is the key, and something I've touched upon a couple of pages earlier. Something that zero seems to be an advocate of, whilst employing the same broad stroke model of equality to everthing he encounters...

Let's take RL for example (because I think a great deal of women footballers could actually join the professional game in a heartbeat due to the over-protection of the players), I'm all for changing the rules to accommodate women as long as the physical rules of the game itself are left untouched.

There.

I think you might see one or two having a go then within 3 months it'll be "see you back at the girls club" because where else will they be able to play. So we are back at the male/female tiered sport of RL that was there before, even though there is no rule stipulating that the sexes should not play together. And what about men then joining a womens club? "Sorry, but you're too powerful" - "Yeah, but I played for Mayfield and I wan't to join a premier womens team and win trophies and medals and that." - "But we'll get crucified, sorry no" - "So I can't play because I'm too strong and I've got a screw loosde 'cos I'm a 'field lad?"

What'll happen to the Womens leagues? The trophies that they compete for at their level on the world stage, and all the prestige that goes with it? You try telling them that there's no prestige in winning a major womens RL trophy, try telling them that there's no competition in the womens game - and you'll get it rammed down your throat.

So the equality of allowing mixed sexes to play together in RL (and other sports no doubt) only works one way, because the womens sport wouldn' t be able to accommodate the lads - there is no way womens leagues would allow men to join.

It just doesn't work does it?

:lol:

Zero and his made dreams of equality :D "I have a dream" :)

I make no apologies for it :) A lot of the points being made have little to do with the actual point...

Women could survive playing professional football with men...the rule holds no weight...

Edited by oafc0000

"The Rule" what bloody rule? I'm thinking that you mean some sort of Male imposed saction that prevents the two sexes ever meeting in a sporting arena? Abolish this draconian legislation! Abolish it I say, and I'll go and get me boots whilst signing up for the Ladies Welsh RL side, I'll be playing at the highest level in Womens RL in a shot!

Away with yer man, it's not a rule that oppresses the sexes - it's something that keeps it competetive...

"The Rule" what bloody rule? I'm thinking that you mean some sort of Male imposed saction that prevents the two sexes ever meeting in a sporting arena? Abolish this draconian legislation! Abolish it I say, and I'll go and get me boots whilst signing up for the Ladies Welsh RL side, I'll be playing at the highest level in Womens RL in a shot!

Away with yer man, it's not a rule that oppresses the sexes - it's something that keeps it competetive...

No away with you :)

and...Aye that will be the one... I am really only talking about something I know a lot about...soccer...

Get rid of it... :D

As for rugby league etc I am not so sure...

Edited by oafc0000

Riddle me this Batman, talking to you is like clapping with one hand - and I know when you're on the back foot, you (over)use emoticons - it's like a nervous laugh.

oh do grow up and stick to arguing the point...

Can men play in the womens leagues?

If I had my way... We would have one professional league structure open to all... If people want to run armature leagues which cater for different ages and sex then I don't see a issue with that...

B):lol::D:tongue1::sleeping:^_^:huh::United_States:

Edited by oafc0000

Professional women footballers compete at the highest level for such trophies as the World Cup and other high accolades, this effectively would not exist anymore. The equality of the sport would destroy the pinnacle of Professional Womens Football, something that is highly competetive and hugely rewarding for it participants. And the amateur league idea is a mere token gesture that's an insult to the female sport.

In fact that's all this has become, an insult to Womens Professional Football.

Professional women footballers compete at the highest level for such trophies as the World Cup and other high accolades, this effectively would not exist anymore. The equality of the sport would destroy the pinnacle of Professional Womens Football, something that is highly competetive and hugely rewarding for it participants. And the amateur league idea is a mere token gesture that's an insult to the female sport.

In fact that's all this has become, an insult to Womens Professional Football.

A offer of equality is a insult :D

Excellent...:lol:

A offer of equality is a insult :D

Excellent...:lol:

Quick to scoff at me being immature with the "grow up" jibes wasn't you?

Check back on my posts.

Offer equality in any number of sports and see the Womens game fizzle out, and their best athletes unfortunately humiliated at the highest levels on the world stage. That's not equality, that's an insult to the already well established Womens' Administrations of each of the sports we've talked about.

American Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Ice Hockey, Association Football...

Quick to scoff at me being immature with the "grow up" jibes wasn't you?

Check back on my posts.

Offer equality in any number of sports and see the Womens game fizzle out, and their best athletes unfortunately humiliated at the highest levels on the world stage. That's not equality, that's an insult to the already well established Womens' Administrations of each of the sports we've talked about.

American Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Ice Hockey, Association Football...

I disagree....

As for being immature...you really have been...

Edited by oafc0000

In the Advertiser, Simon Corney says the story is "make believe" and there was never any intention for the Brazilian to play in a first-class fixture. While he has respect for female footballers, he said he wasn’t ready to make his club a ‘Marta to their cause’. :grin:

It Marta turned out alright in the end, you never know!

I'd say arguments of ability could be irrelevant. If a woman wishes to take a professional job and is excluded because of her gender, all she has to do is take it to court and the whole thing would be forced to change.

I was wondering this: Could I claim that my mum (60 something years old) is being denied this opportunity and take that to court, despite her being clearly unsuitable? It's just I fancy having a ruling with my name in it.

I'd say arguments of ability could be irrelevant. If a woman wishes to take a professional job and is excluded because of her gender, all she has to do is take it to court and the whole thing would be forced to change.

I was wondering this: Could I claim that my mum (60 something years old) is being denied this opportunity and take that to court, despite her being clearly unsuitable? It's just I fancy having a ruling with my name in it.

You could if it were law ... thats why it Fifa regulations and as proven in the past (Bosman) if yuo challange hard enough .. law will back you ... Lets do it