anthem poll

c.hill12

anthem song  

73 members have voted

1. 1. what song would be best suited to being latics anthem? A song easy to sing and uplifting.

• bon jovi - keep the faith
    • bon jovi - living on a prayer
    • aswad - shine
    • the liquidator
    • mouldy old dough
    • elvis - wonder of you
    • can't help falling in love with you
    • guns of naverone
    • the tinkers - john willies horse
    • elbow - 1 day like this
    • killers - exitlude
    • bennywise - stand by me
    • ben e king - stand by me

Due to the original thread being quite popular and contraverial, here's a poll to see what the majority of fans would like. any songs you are unsure of or don't know, search them on youtube.com and you'll find them on there.

I will submit these answers to the club and see if we can sort somthing official out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just impose an 'anthem' on fans. Songs that become synonymous with certain clubs happen over a period of time. You can't just pick a song and decide that even though it hasn't been played before and has no connection with the club, it is now our 'anthem'.

MOD is the one song that is properly connected with the club. It's not really an anthem. So be it.

Any of those songs that gets picked will just be another song to add to the playlist before the game. It won't catch on.

Sorry, just read all that back, and it sounds very harsh. It's not meant to...good effort trying to boost the atmosphere. I just don't think it's workable.

Where's O Fortuna?

And where's the dozens of others that have been tried over the last 30 years?

JSSLatic is right - some tunes catch on, some don't. Putting your own definitive list on here isn't going to change that.

Songs from the 70s are still being sung/played at BP, along with songs from the 80s and 90s, and the trend of introducing new ones will always continue - when a song 'clicks' and everyone joins in, you know it's a winner, but imposing one based on a poll of people sat in the surroundings of their office/bedroom etc is just rather silly.

Sorry to piss on your chips - full marks for effort though.

Due to the original thread being quite popular and contraverial, here's a poll to see what the majority of fans would like. any songs you are unsure of or don't know, search them on youtube.com and you'll find them on there.

I will submit these answers to the club and see if we can sort somthing official out.

Can some one clarify whats meant by anthem, is this like a club song ? Because we have a club song already... hence my negative tone.

aswad - shine ... this is the red herring :shock:

Half the songs are already used by other teams <_< for instance

the liquidator - Chelski / Yeovil and many others... is it not bad enough our kits are always Chelskis cast off

elvis - wonder of you - Port Vale

can't help falling in love with you - Mansfield / Burnley

Half the songs are already used by other teams <_<

Can some one clarify whats meant by anthem, is this like a club song ? Because we have a club song already.

mouldy old dough??? i wouldnt call it a song,id call it a tune,how many words has it got,about 5..lol

if looking for a good sing a long then something like the fields of athen rhy(cant spell) or abide with me or something,those kind of songs the majority of folk know or have heard of and are more likely to get sung.

bon jovi have a song called raise your hands...that has potential as its catchy and as it says,raise your hands or scarfs...

mouldy old dough??? i wouldnt call it a song,id call it a tune,how many words has it got,about 5..lol

if looking for a good sing a long then something like the fields of athen rhy(cant spell) or abide with me or something,those kind of songs the majority of folk know or have heard of and are more likely to get sung.

bon jovi have a song called raise your hands...that has potential as its catchy and as it says,raise your hands or scarfs...

Don't forget boys in blue.

An Anthem to me is something that develops over the years at matches ... it's not something you can simply vote / decide on and tell the other 99.9% of Latics fans who won't vote or use this forum that this is the clubs new anthem.

Like others, i don't want to p1ss on your chips for trying this BUT:

Been done to death & is such a hard thing to do - you can't force a song onto people & tell them its their new club anthem.

These things have to happen organically; off their own back for them to catch on -

nice try and all, but most of our songs will start with...

Do do do (insert player name).....for the forseable!!!!!!

You can't just impose an 'anthem' on fans. Songs that become synonymous with certain clubs happen over a period of time. You can't just pick a song and decide that even though it hasn't been played before and has no connection with the club, it is now our 'anthem'.

MOD is the one song that is properly connected with the club. It's not really an anthem. So be it.

Any of those songs that gets picked will just be another song to add to the playlist before the game. It won't catch on.

Sorry, just read all that back, and it sounds very harsh. It's not meant to...good effort trying to boost the atmosphere. I just don't think it's workable.

What he said.

Which is why "I love you baby" (*cringe*) died a death when it was imposed as our anthem about a decade ago.

Anyway. Everyone knows for as long as Franny's around, that our anthem will and forever be "The Bongo Song"

"Clap yer 'ands and stamp 'yer feet........." :sign0003:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I agree 100% It has to be Mouldy Olde Dough! Not because it is a great song,, because it isn't, but it has a strong connection to the club andmost fans relate to it....I think! Let's go with tradition.

I agree 100% It has to be Mouldy Olde Dough! Not because it is a great song,, because it isn't, but it has a strong connection to the club andmost fans relate to it....I think! Let's go with tradition.

Always blows me away on match days to hear how many mobile phones have MOD as a ring tone :D

the only song that sticks with me with the 20 years ive followed latics, being in the junior latics and a mascot for the lads is "boys in blue" thats all about latics and i dont think any other club has anything like this.

I think you'll find the vast majority of clubs have had a cheesy song done about them. I've got a double album called 'Flair 1989' with some right stinkers on it.

What he said.

Which is why "I love you baby" (*cringe*) died a death when it was imposed as our anthem about a decade ago.

Anyway. Everyone knows for as long as Franny's around, that our anthem will and forever be "The Bongo Song"

"Clap yer 'ands and stamp 'yer feet........." :sign0003:

for the people who think the songs have just been plucked from thin air, all these songs have been suggested by fellow latics fans on the other thread.

and last time we tried to do an anthem, we were stitched up with andy williams. fans just ad 2 email the club and other fans from other clubs set us up wiv that.

for the people who think the songs have just been plucked from thin air, all these songs have been suggested by fellow latics fans on the other thread.

In that case, I'd like to suggest 5,6,7,8 by Steps. Just because I'm a Latics fan doesn't mean it's not just been plucked from thin air...

and last time we tried to do an anthem, we were stitched up with andy williams. fans just ad 2 email the club and other fans from other clubs set us up wiv that.

I actually liked that song.