just arrived back from the dogs night!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at last.

but some here seem to think its all quite normal for players being :censored:faced in public ,on a official club night out with fans,and fighting amongst themselves..and even the manager!!!

discipline? yeah right.

simple fact.hughes and booze isn't a good mix.his second very public bust up in 3 months-though the club managed to hush up the first incident,its very well known in a certain pub in royton what went on.

simple fact.gregan and booze doesn't mix.firstly arrested for drink driving,then another public drama.

rotting from the core.action required from the top.

This incident that as been reported of Hughes and Shez

ISNT THE STORY

With Lee's Past, Jeremy Butler of the Press Association has made a story of the night.

The focus of the evening was the Gregan and Taylor incident and another !

Shame people drag the club into the dirt by putting 2 and 2 together and getting 8 !

Hughes was Gazza for the eveining, drunk, stupid and a comic....... but with his past he was the cause of the incident !

Maybe it was the 4 hours of drinking most of the players did before the event that should be looked at ?????

I actually came on here because Alan Hardy emailed me on Saturday saying that the rumours about Gregan smacking Taylor weren't true. Now he's quoted in the Mirror. Hmmmm. Not sure what to think now.

I actually came on here because Alan Hardy emailed me on Saturday saying that the rumours about Gregan smacking Taylor weren't true. Now he's quoted in the Mirror. Hmmmm. Not sure what to think now.

Can't see any contradiction in what he's said to you and the quote in the Mirror.

Can't see any contradiction in what he's said to you and the quote in the Mirror.

I may not have explained myself properly there. Yes Alan Hardy said Gregan did not smack Taylor. And I wouldn't expect him to volunteer any information about what did happen. So to be told the rumours aren't true, but then to find out there were one or two incidents. Well I am beginning to get friggin sick of all this. Same old Latics again and again. Unprofessional.

I'm livid now. In no way was I saying Hardy tells lies. I was merely trying to get my thoughts across in a short space of time as I am at work.

It appears to me not only are the buildings falling apart, but the relationships and respect within it also.

I'm not going to say any more now as I may say something I later regret.

I may not have explained myself properly there. Yes Alan Hardy said Gregan did not smack Taylor. And I wouldn't expect him to volunteer any information about what did happen. So to be told the rumours aren't true, but then to find out there were one or two incidents. Well I am beginning to get friggin sick of all this. Same old Latics again and again. Unprofessional.

I'm livid now. In no way was I saying Hardy tells lies. I was merely trying to get my thoughts across in a short space of time as I am at work.

It appears to me not only are the buildings falling apart, but the relationships and respect within it also.

I'm not going to say any more now as I may say something I later regret.

Jac,

Forgive me if I don't know something, such as you work in the media, and please feel free to not reply as you've said you're busy/on edge about this, but...

If a fan comes to a Chairman and asks if this happened he'd have to be off his rocker to say anything other than no! What if he admits it to you when the AP hadn't actually got hold of it!? Instead of being able to keep this internal (the profesional thing to do) it would leak out through gossip on this and many other sites.

Sorry, but AH did the right thing, even if it's upset you somewhat.

I never actually asked Alan the confirm or deny. I would not expect him to tell me. I merely mentioned it in case he had been in a bubble and not heard. I may have been a bit naive and assumed with his response that it wasn't true that things had been fine at the dogs. As that is what I would prefer. To be then accused of saying Alan tells lies has made my blood boil. I have never ever spread gossip on this board about things that have gone on in the club. And believe me, I have known a lot. After supporting the club as long as I have, after doing the things I have to help the club and then to be dealt with like this. Well, lets just say on top of the dire display from Saturday has pushed me over the edge.

Fuming doesn't even cover it anymore.

I never actually asked Alan the confirm or deny. I would not expect him to tell me. I merely mentioned it in case he had been in a bubble and not heard. I may have been a bit naive and assumed with his response that it wasn't true that things had been fine at the dogs. As that is what I would prefer. To be then accused of saying Alan tells lies has made my blood boil. I have never ever spread gossip on this board about things that have gone on in the club. And believe me, I have known a lot. After supporting the club as long as I have, after doing the things I have to help the club and then to be dealt with like this. Well, lets just say on top of the dire display from Saturday has pushed me over the edge.

Fuming doesn't even cover it anymore.

OK that makes a lot more sense.

Your original post didn't really read like that. Of course you have a right to mention it but I now see you were not expecting him to open up as I thought you were.

Get yourself a cup of tea and calm down - it's only football! And getting angry on here will only make you worse - I can assure you of that, happens to me all the time! :)

OK that makes a lot more sense.

Your original post didn't really read like that. Of course you have a right to mention it but I now see you were not expecting him to open up as I thought you were.

Get yourself a cup of tea and calm down - it's only football! And getting angry on here will only make you worse - I can assure you of that, happens to me all the time! :)

I thought all this was being merged Ackey?

I thought all this was being merged Ackey?

Two threads. Pre announcement and Post announcement... obviously this one has moved into post announcement now. But I wouldn't want to stop the chains that exist in this thread, simply those that only have 1/2 posts in them.

As I'm sure people agree this is a tense time and we're expecting to be busy so I'm trying to make the board easier to follow for those who may join at lunch having read the hard copy of the papers by having the topic all in one place, as opposed to 15 threads with 5 posts in each all saying the same thing.

I hope that clears things up for those who may think we're being OTT with thread management today.