just arrived back from the dogs night!

Having seen 3 or 4 confirmations, and who they are by, I don't think it is made up.

That said, I did mean assuming it is true, though clearly did not say it. To be honest too busy at work to type exactly what I meant.

Let me rephrase it, as I am at home now.

Lets assume it is true, do you think he should remain captain?

It is fair to make a guess that he will be punished, so could be dropped for the next match.

Who should be made captain if he is dropped?

And if he is dropped as Captain, who should replace him?

No

Temp: Daniel Jones. Head and shoulders above and a commanding figure

Perm: Not sure, no one seems consistent enough, and Gregan was stand out up till now (apart from blaming evetyone else!)

jones played well against leeds but he is a wolves player, not captain at anytime while on loan

the club dont seem to be making much of the incident but people on this board are..... as always

if gregan is not captain for whatever reason it should be maher

my moneys on gregan having the armband at weekend

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen 3 or 4 confirmations, and who they are by, I don't think it is made up.

That said, I did mean assuming it is true, though clearly did not say it. To be honest too busy at work to type exactly what I meant.

Let me rephrase it, as I am at home now.

Lets assume it is true, do you think he should remain captain?

It is fair to make a guess that he will be punished, so could be dropped for the next match.

Who should be made captain if he is dropped?

And if he is dropped as Captain, who should replace him?

No

Temp: Daniel Jones. Head and shoulders above and a commanding figure

Perm: Not sure, no one seems consistent enough, and Gregan was stand out up till now (apart from blaming evetyone else!)

Ok let's assume that Taylor might have had one sniff too many of the wine gums and Greegs reacted badly to it. Who is the more culpable?

I will be honest, I'm not a big fan of either of them; but Greegs has had a mightily consistent season - Taylor on the other hand is what he is, a kid with bagfuls of potential that plays in purple patches then is god awful through those grey spells.

He is a kid that is possibly a bit cocky whilst Greegs has been there, done it, got the T shirt etc.

I would like to think it is just a bit of handbags with a few cross words exchanged and a clip round the ear for good measure from the old timer at worst.

If it is any worse than handbags then it will all come out in the wash, until then handbags will do for me. Corney will obviously comment on it in his next ranting blog. I'm not going to go throwing stones at either of them for it - I do enough of that commenting on performances.

As for Taylor crying, big deal. I bet his Mum never let him watch Lassie films.

Derek.

Ok let's assume that Taylor might have had one sniff too many of the wine gums and Greegs reacted badly to it. Who is the more culpable?

I will be honest, I'm not a big fan of either of them; but Greegs has had a mightily consistent season - Taylor on the other hand is what he is, a kid with bagfuls of potential that plays in purple patches then is god awful through those grey spells.

He is a kid that is possibly a bit cocky whilst Greegs has been there, done it, got the T shirt etc.

I would like to think it is just a bit of handbags with a few cross words exchanged and a clip round the ear for good measure from the old timer at worst.

If it is any worse than handbags then it will all come out in the wash, until then handbags will do for me. Corney will obviously comment on it in his next ranting blog. I'm not going to go throwing stones at either of them for it - I do enough of that commenting on performances.

Derek.

I'm not sure if Gregan did hit Taylor, however, why use this as a chance to take a cheap shot at Taylor? To criticise Taylor's performances is completely against the opinions of the vast majority of our fans, the media and some top class managers, including David Moyes.

I'm not sure if your post is tongue in cheek or not, but are you basically saying that Taylor deserved to be slapped/punched or "given a clip round the ear?" If your not stating this, your certainly suggesting it. As for calling Chris "cocky", and thus by your theory deserving of assault, how many fans who have met him have ever described him as cocky?

I'm not sure if Gregan did hit Taylor, however, why use this as a chance to take a cheap shot at Taylor? To criticise Taylor's performances is completely against the opinions of the vast majority of our fans, the media and some top class managers, including David Moyes.

I'm not sure if your post is tongue in cheek or not, but are you basically saying that Taylor deserved to be slapped/punched or "given a clip round the ear?" If your not stating this, your certainly suggesting it. As for calling Chris "cocky", and thus by your theory deserving of assault, how many fans who have met him have ever described him as cocky?

Good post Slurms, my fellow 'ger.

I suspect maybe wearing those pink shirts got to the players made a few few of feel a little insecure made a few feel a bit campish and in order to remind themselves, the fans and opposing players of there manly duties the best way to do this was to have a good scrap and pick on the Ginger one.

Derek.

Fair point. Taylor has stacks of talent but hasnt showed too much of it since Christmas. He will get it back to what it was though. I agree many on here seem to just want Gregan out which I dont get either. Okay he is ageing and very slow when against someone who wants to get the ball down and knock it past him but I would never accuse him of not being comitted

to the team on a matchday. I am sick and tired of hearing stories of Taylor crying though............... scores against stockport and allegedly cries, night out with a row and cries.............. Is this why he closes his eyes when he heads the ball???? Never seen that from a player at any decent level before.

..Gregan gripped Taylor threw him against the wall...

Who says romance is dead?

Calling Mills and Boon, I think I have a story for you.

12 hours later and i still can't get this image out of my head. Cheers. :angry:

12 hours later and i still can't get this image out of my head. Cheers. :angry:

The burly captain clasped the lithe young winger tenderly, using his immense lower body strength he trapped him against the wall like Chris O'Grady can't. The ginger prince felt the hot breath on the back of his neck quicken whilst his team-mates looked the other way cheering on the hound from trap 3. The embrace seemed to last for ever until the young winger felt the grip loosen, he was spent but it was soon apparent that his captain wasn't. "Chip muffin and 20 benson please love, I'm gonna have to finish this missen."

Come on Slurms, read the post again and try to locate the word 'possibly'. And where does it say he deserved assaulting?!

It's conjecture. Piss and wind. Call it what you will. It's no more than anybody on this thread has done. In fact, dare I say, Derek has tried to play things down, trying not to make a big deal about it (most definitely unlike some on here).

The burly captain clasped the lithe young winger tenderly, using his immense lower body strength he trapped him against the wall like Chris O'Grady can't. The ginger prince felt the hot breath on the back of his neck quicken whilst his team-mates looked the other way cheering on the hound from trap 3. The embrace seemed to last for ever until the young winger felt the grip loosen, he was spent but it was soon apparent that his captain wasn't - "Awooga" whispered the demanding Captain in his ear, "...awooga..."

Cheers, Rummy. I'm now going to spend the rest of the morning reading the Kriss Akabusi stories.

Akabusi scaled the walls of the £756,000 Sussex mansion with all the stealth of a gekko on a Mallorcan shower wall. AS luck would have it the window was open. He dropped in and slipped out of his dungerees and let the cool air caress his polished ebony skin. The house was quiet. He looked into one room and saw the sleeping Peter Andre - without the wig and wax on his face he was rather beautiful. But Akabusi wasn't into arses. Not today...

Come on Slurms, read the post again and try to locate the word 'possibly'. And where does it say he deserved assaulting?!

It's conjecture. Piss and wind. Call it what you will. It's no more than anybody on this thread has done. In fact, dare I say, Derek has tried to play things down, trying not to make a big deal about it (most definitely unlike some on here).

my god, if you climb much further up his arse you'll be able to say hello when he yawns.

:o

my god, if you climb much further up his arse you'll be able to say hello when he yawns.

:o

Come off it. Dans was a reasonable point, and despite the fact that yes we are friends we often disagree about things Latics.

Dan has asked Slurms to re-read the post probably because he read it the same way that I meant it.

It is all piss and wind, like so very much more of this thread. Whilst all the conjecture was going on there were several people willing to take on the mantle of being judge, jury and executioner for Greegs with no proof what so ever. I just re-dressed the balance and put on another suggestive post for an alternative viewpoint.

No one knows what happened and if it is something serious it will all come out in the wash, other than that handbags is all it is in my eyes.

It wasn't a dig at Taylor or Greegs just a balancing post to alleviate the pro Taylor anti Greegs comments.

Thankfully at least one person has read it in the manner is was written.

Derek.

Heres My Fuel for the fire!

I was told that Gregan & Hughesy were taking the micky out of Taylor and they went a bit too far and upset Taylor.

Sheridan stepped in and had a big go at Gregan and Hughesy asking them who do they think they are and allegedly called them pub players and went on to say he can do a better job on the pitch at his age than any of those two.

This has upset Hughes big time.

Take from this what you will I am sure there’s people in power on here that can set this straight.

I was there on Tuesday night and didn't witness anything between Gregan and Taylor, and I was sat in the players lounge for around 30minutes talking to Gregan. Yes he was drunk, but we've all been there and done that. They were all on a night off and yes some of them did seem well oiled Gregan and Hughes especially, but I didn't witness anything untoward. Admittedly Gregan was stood outside on his own at the end of the night and then Hughesey and Greegs went round the corner from the door for a chat, but I was talking to Shezer and he seemed pretty cool and calm to me. As has been said before all will come out in the wash, although I'm sure it all amounts to nothing. But then again I am a huge Gregan fan and can see no wrong in him! :D