Happy Clappers.......................

GO F.O. and support someone else. Can you say its good or great? Are you happy with what you see? Is your wife ugly? Do you not challenge yourslef on a daily basis? Are you inadequate? Are you one of life's drop out's?

Seriously there is something wrong if you believe that dross today is good enough.

Have you only been Latics fans for a short while and will perhaps move on to another hobby????? Coz I wont. I will be a supporter long after you happy clappers and Mr Sheridan have left the building. Thats why I will have my say now because we are dwindling in support. My mate has just missed the last 4 games. He has been going for 35/40 years, and refuses to go while Shez is there. is it because he is our worst manager??? No its because we have no heart. FACT. SHERIDAN OUT ASAP please.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I'm an optimist. Am I a happy clapper?

And anyone who is amongst the 4000 at the moment can hardly be seen as a hobbyist....

Heh!!

"So Person A, why do you turn up to Boundary Park every other week?"

"So I can moan at Eardley, give the current manager abuse and moan at Eardley, oh I already said that"

I've stopped going for a few months now. Football has been dire, the 'fans' have been even worse. Going to watch a football match involving Oldham is dull and tedious. more often than not frustrating!

I don't have the faith anymore, just accept what happens, happens!

Hi I'm Mark and I've been a Happy Clapper for 22 years. It's just a game for god sake !!!!!

No its not for some of us Mark but thanks for telling us your feelings. For some of us its an addiction, a life, its what decides whether we will work on a saturday or not. It controlls your relationship. You book holidays around it. You book your life around it and then some. I have never happy clapped because I will be there long after them lazy incompetent b******s today. And some dafter ones of us even wear the tattoo of the club badge on our upper arm because we sleep, eat, breathe the club and I have always lived at least 10 miles from the town so please dont do me down for thinking that today was not good enough. We need new life. We need a new manager.

No its not for some of us Mark but thanks for telling us your feelings. For some of us its an addiction, a life, its what decides whether we will work on a saturday or not. It controlls your relationship. You book holidays around it. You book your life around it and then some. I have never happy clapped because I will be there long after them lazy incompetent b******s today. And some dafter ones of us even wear the tattoo of the club badge on our upper arm because we sleep, eat, breathe the club and I have always lived at least 10 miles from the town so please dont do me down for thinking that today was not good enough. We need new life. We need a new manager.

Totally agree my whole thinking is Oldham Athletic day in day out call me sad i dont give a s*it, and it hurts me deeply days like today but i think im starting to get used to it now unfortunately

GO F.O. and support someone else. Can you say its good or great? Are you happy with what you see? Is your wife ugly? Do you not challenge yourslef on a daily basis? Are you inadequate? Are you one of life's drop out's?

Seriously there is something wrong if you believe that dross today is good enough.

Have you only been Latics fans for a short while and will perhaps move on to another hobby????? Coz I wont. I will be a supporter long after you happy clappers and Mr Sheridan have left the building. Thats why I will have my say now because we are dwindling in support. My mate has just missed the last 4 games. He has been going for 35/40 years, and refuses to go while Shez is there. is it because he is our worst manager??? No its because we have no heart. FACT. SHERIDAN OUT ASAP please.

what a load of bollox happy clappers my arse...third division players in a third division ground with third division crowds..when u wake up and smell thecoffee remember we ain't and never will be a premier team again without substantial backers..TAKE IT ON THE CHIN AND KNUCKLE DOWN

Have gone for years..some home, some away...sometimes plenty at home, not so many away...sometimes all home, a lot away.

Either way, not going as much this year, don't have to explain why, but the overall matchday experience watching 3rd division :censored:e for a lot of pennies seems to be coming less attractive.

However i am blue through and through and regardless whether you clap, boo, cheer, sulk, swear, cry or smile is entirely up to you - you are a tic!

Hmmm... thing is most of the happy clappers on here appear to live a considerable number of miles outside of Oldham, i.e. they don't have the pleasure to watch us week in week out, but have to opportunity to rack up thousands of posts.

Another talking through his arse :grin:

Hmmm... thing is most of the happy clappers on here appear to live a considerable number of miles outside of Oldham, i.e. they don't have the pleasure to watch us week in week out, but have to opportunity to rack up thousands of posts.

I must have missed that ream of statistics?

Is it based on what you want to be true so that you can make the point?

As for good old stalymonkey, yeh, good one - optomistic fans please leave now. Leave us doom and gloomers to wallow in our play off position. Let's get ritchie/talbot/moore/warnock/sharp back.

Edited by real

what a load of bollox happy clappers my arse...third division players in a third division ground with third division crowds..when u wake up and smell thecoffee remember we ain't and never will be a premier team again without substantial backers..TAKE IT ON THE CHIN AND KNUCKLE DOWN

Spot on. People need to get real. I've been going for 35 years and seen a lot better, and a lot worse than this. I think it's a reflection of life, everyone wants instant success these days. And the idiots on here need to grow up.

Fantastic post, mate!

Yes, I live miles outside of Oldham (South Wales, in fact!) but get to enough games to justify an opinion (like anyone needs to justify having an opinion anyway!).

Was at the game yesterday and unless we get into the play-offs or the Southend match is crucial, it will be my last home game of the season. This is partly due to distance, but mainly due to the fact that the atmosphere at Boundary Park and the attitude of the home fans at Boundary Park stinks and doesn't make it an enjoyable experience. This is speaking as a fan, so God knows what the players and staff think.

Will be at every away game (apart from MK Dons) and have been to a dozen away games already this season and admittedly there have been some stinkers, but I realise that Shez is building a team on home crowds of 4,000. I've never called for Shez to be sacked - you basically have to take the rough with the smooth, which I think is the stance which the home fans should take. We're 5th in the league - you can't seriously tell me it's been all "rough" at home matches??

Yes Shez has his faults, but name a manager that will come in and do a better job who will be faultless.

Yesterday was a bad performance - I think Shez was let down by the players. Basically we have no creative players without Chris Taylor and yesterday Shez tried to adapt accordingly. It didn't work, but we don't have the resources to revert to an affective "Plan B".

The ref was also appalling - he failed to get the basic decisions right, let alone the controversial ones.

The atmosphere at every away game, I guarantee, will be more supportive and encouraging than at any home game, as we, as supporters, try and do our bit to get this club promoted. The distance I or anyone else lives from Oldham is irrelevant - at the end of the day, don't we all want the club to do as well as possible??

Fantastic post, mate!

Yes, I live miles outside of Oldham (South Wales, in fact!) but get to enough games to justify an opinion (like anyone needs to justify having an opinion anyway!).

Was at the game yesterday and unless we get into the play-offs or the Southend match is crucial, it will be my last home game of the season. This is partly due to distance, but mainly due to the fact that the atmosphere at Boundary Park and the attitude of the home fans at Boundary Park stinks and doesn't make it an enjoyable experience. This is speaking as a fan, so God knows what the players and staff think.

Will be at every away game (apart from MK Dons) and have been to a dozen away games already this season and admittedly there have been some stinkers, but I realise that Shez is building a team on home crowds of 4,000. I've never called for Shez to be sacked - you basically have to take the rough with the smooth, which I think is the stance which the home fans should take. We're 5th in the league - you can't seriously tell me it's been all "rough" at home matches??

Yes Shez has his faults, but name a manager that will come in and do a better job who will be faultless.

Yesterday was a bad performance - I think Shez was let down by the players. Basically we have no creative players without Chris Taylor and yesterday Shez tried to adapt accordingly. It didn't work, but we don't have the resources to revert to an affective "Plan B".

The ref was also appalling - he failed to get the basic decisions right, let alone the controversial ones.

The atmosphere at every away game, I guarantee, will be more supportive and encouraging than at any home game, as we, as supporters, try and do our bit to get this club promoted. The distance I or anyone else lives from Oldham is irrelevant - at the end of the day, don't we all want the club to do as well as possible??

here here fully agree

lets see home games

negative atmosphere check

home fans booing check

away team coming to frustrate check

low crowd no vocal support check

now away games

positive atmosphere generaly check

fans getting behind players especialy the further away from bp we get check

home team having to try to win not negative check

small group of away supporters usuly giving fantastic vocal support check

know where id want to work hard and play well

the youngsters are like frightened rabbits at home scared one little mistake will result in a baraking all game

Fantastic post, mate!

He's not building a team on crowds of 4,000 otherwise we'd be back to a team of MIskellys, McNIvens, Tiptons and er.....Allotts :huh:, Shez has been given 3 seasons to build a team above nad beyond the club's income due to the desire and financial clout of the club's owners and he repays them by sending a team out that serves up the dross we saw yesterday. On top of that he has had further backing to rip the heart out of the team by assembling a team devoid of loyalty and match fitness by playing other teams cast-offs.

He's not building a team on crowds of 4,000 otherwise we'd be back to a team of MIskellys, McNIvens, Tiptons and er.....Allotts :huh:, Shez has been given 3 seasons to build a team above nad beyond the club's income due to the desire and financial clout of the club's owners and he repays them by sending a team out that serves up the dross we saw yesterday. On top of that he has had further backing to rip the heart out of the team by assembling a team devoid of loyalty and match fitness by playing other teams cast-offs.

Leicester? Millwall (twice!)? Peterborough? (Any coincidence that the majority of "inspiring" games are away from home?!)

For every Colchester there's been games that demonstrates we do have the loyalty and match fitness to match the best in this division. Like I said, you've got to take the rough with the smooth.