Promotion or weed out the bad apples?

BeckfordsRightFoot

Promotion or weed out the bad apples?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Do?

• Keep Hughes, Gregan etc and sneak promotion via play off's?
    • Get rid of the trouble causers, restore Latics good name and finish 8th?
    • Let the club decide what the appropriate action is and trust them
    • A poll? Why? Whats the point of voting on hearsay?

i have a sneaky feeling if these events are proved to be true (unfortunatley it looks like they are), then alot of fans will get their wish.

ultimatley i think shez may pay the price.

"sackings cannot be discounted" its now just a matter of time imo.

Ah, thanks for adding some options to the poll.

Could a mod move a vote from option 2 to option 3 for me please? :grin:

the board has to decide what is best of oldham athletic and themself...not shez,greegan or hughes.

if the club are looking to remove shez for footballing reasons and a lack of ability,then this is there chance to do it...

the players will either be sorted out this week,or left alone to finish the job of promotion then sorted out in the summer

i trust tta;s judgement...they will do what is best for the club as a whole.

The directors will decide because they have the final say. From a personal point of view, if this incident did take place, then it's a disgrace and discipline needs to be handed out. Sacking members of staff will not do the club any favours regarding the promotion challenge, but then again, after the shambles on Saturday, I think that may be a pipe dream anyway.

Just how much this "incident" had to do with the effectiveness of the performance, the apparent injury to Taylor and the jaded players, I don't know. One thing is for certain, the club, publicity-wise, has had an absolute battering over the last seven days. All that hard work with the Breast Cancer aid will now be forgotten by the nation's press.

One outcome I can see and I don't condone it, is Sheridan getting sacked and Tommy Wright/Tony Philliskirk being asked to take control for the rest of the season with a "no pressure, just do the best you can" from the directors.

Whatever the outcome of the internal investigation, I think one positive step forward would be a club wide ban on any drinking between now and the end of the season. We now have 10 cup finals in which to secure either 2nd place(long shot) or at least a play off place.

Whatever the outcome of the internal investigation, I think one positive step forward would be a club wide ban on any drinking between now and the end of the season. We now have 10 cup finals in which to secure either 2nd place(long shot) or at least a play off place.

Totally agree

I'll drink to that :wink:

I'll drink to that :wink:

The club appear to have a drink culture lead by the older players ie Gregan and Hughes.

It also confirms that Shez can't control the experiencd players and ultimately he will have to go if proven.

Players can be fined or banned but managers pay the price with their job.

It may do us a favour because i don't think TTA would get rid of Shez before the end of the season so at least this way it gives us half a chance of getting into the play offs - which we wont do with Shez

The club appear to have a drink culture lead by the older players ie Gregan and Hughes.

It also confirms that Shez can't control the experiencd players and ultimately he will have to go if proven.

Players can be fined or banned but managers pay the price with their job.

It may do us a favour because i don't think TTA would get rid of Shez before the end of the season so at least this way it gives us half a chance of getting into the play offs - which we wont do with Shez

As i understand it the younger players feel hard done by because when they make a mistake sheridan doesnt hesitate to rollock them or fine them wages (i,e Davies) however for older experienced players sheridan feels inadequate to tell them when they have stepped out of line done something wrong....IMO this makes the younger players feel victimised....Everyone should be an equal and everyone should look up to the manager...however i feel sheridan is just one of the older players on the side lines and i wouldnt be surprised if the likes of liddell crossley and gregan have more of a say on starting line ups etc than we are led to believe....Sheridan needs to make a stand he is the manager and all the players should respect his decisions no matter how old or experienced...

As i understand it the younger players feel hard done by because when they make a mistake sheridan doesnt hesitate to rollock them or fine them wages (i,e Davies) however for older experienced players sheridan feels inadequate to tell them when they have stepped out of line done something wrong....IMO this makes the younger players feel victimised....Everyone should be an equal and everyone should look up to the manager...however i feel sheridan is just one of the older players on the side lines and i wouldnt be surprised if the likes of liddell crossley and gregan have more of a say on starting line ups etc than we are led to believe....Sheridan needs to make a stand he is the manager and all the players should respect his decisions no matter how old or experienced...

There is only one flaw in this, he is quoted as calling Gregan and Hughes pub team players whilst defending Taylor during Whippet-gate, so the relicance on senior players doesn't ring true. He would be daft if he did not listen to his Captain. Well, under normal circumstances anyway.

This is a difficult one. I so want to see us promoted, wither automatic (cough) or in the play-offs. Sacking people won't achieve that. But some form of disciplinary action needs to be taken if what's being said is true.

If the whole dogs night had been properly thought about, and players told to behave, then we might not be in this position.

I agree with Nikki. It's a massive shame this has happened following all the good publicity the club has had for it's efforts for Link4Pink.

Time for everyone to grow up and people to take responsibility for their actions.