For Travelling Oldham Fans

Evening Folks.

Just popped back on to give you some quick basic information for Saturday to help you on your way...

The Stadium can be found sat-navved by using MK1 1ST as your postcode.

For those without gadgets, the best way I can describe it is as follows:

Exit M1 Junction 14

Turn right on roundabout heading into Milton Keynes.

Turn right on next roundabout onto H5 Portway

Proceed straight over loads of roundabouts until you come to the roundabout with traffic lights.

Go straight over (past McDonalds and the old Hockey Stadium) and head to the next roundabout.

Turn left onto the A5.

Come off on the first exit

Turn right on the roundabout and the ground is right in front of you.

Don't park at the ground. You'll be ripped off for a fiver and you won't be out of the bloody car park before 6pm. A better bet for away fans is to head onto Mount Farm Industrial Estate and park roadside for free, and only a matter of minutes to the ground. Alternatively, DenbighWest offers a fair few spaces as well but takes around 8-10 minutes walk to get to the stadium.

Don't park in the Asda next to the ground - They tend to clamp football traffic and although this is only occasional it's not worth the risk. Ikea are much more tolerant though.

Those travelling by train to Milton Keynes Central will either need to cab or bus it to the grond, or get another train to Bletchley.

Pub-wise, you don't have much choice. The most popular venue remains the Beacon on Mount Farm (whch also has a fair bit of parking and they don't mind you leaving the car there during the game) simply because it's closest. It's a friendly enough place as far as fans go, but the place itself is a :censored:hole! There aren't many nearby alternatives, although rail travellers getting off at Bletchley can choose from the Eight Belles or Enigma Tavern en route. Nearby Fenny Stratford has five pubs within a stones throw of each other, but expect a fifteen minute walk to the ground.

Recently, some fans have started using The Dolphin on Whaddon Way but it's a little more difficult to find. Alternatively, the local Railway Club has recently said it would be happy to cater for football fans and the beers a bit cheaper too.

Food-wise, there's very little nearby. Both Ikea and Asda have cafes which cope well with football custom. If you want a chippy, the nearest is Napoli's in Fenny Stratford. Food is available in the ground but it's exortionate and tastes like poo! Beer is £3.40 in the ground for a 500ml plastic bottles of Carlsberg.

If you're getting here early, the City Centre has the usual nest of Weatherspoons and Lloyds bars and there's loads of places to eat in the Theatre District. Lots of shopping for the girls too!

I'll be popping back on in the run-up to the match. If there's anything else you need to know, leave your questions on this thread and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck for Saturday.

Edited by BletchleyDons

Thanks for that...could you do me a favour tell me a taxi number, as we are travelling to MK central station and our train back is at 17.50 we will need to get a taxi from the ground, is it easy to get a taxi from the station and back to it from the ground? Regards

Thanks for that...could you do me a favour tell me a taxi number, as we are travelling to MK central station and our train back is at 17.50 we will need to get a taxi from the ground, is it easy to get a taxi from the station and back to it from the ground? Regards

Skyline taxi's (01908 222111) are about the most reasonable. There's a rank outside the train station, and a Weatherspoons about five minutes walk away.

Returning to MK Central, I'd suggest walking over to Asda and getting a cab to pick you up from there. If you pre-book it for 5.15, you'll make the train in plenty of time.

Definately got 9 coming in the Oldham end, maybe 11 so I think I've done quite well!

They'll be the ones looking at me like I shouting Aryan songs out with my Zigga Zagga (I'm sure someone will fill you in about stewards always thinking I'm a nazi )

3 questions i have.

1. are children allowed in the pubs, im taking my little brother whos 13?

2. which of the pubs have sky sports? i want to watch the footie before the proper game

3. this is a longshot, im pretty rubbish with directions could you tell me the postcode of any of the pubs so i can put it in my sat nav, if not no worries.

cheers

They'll be the ones looking at me like I shouting Aryan songs out with my Zigga Zagga (I'm sure someone will fill you in about stewards always thinking I'm a nazi )

Didnt this happen once, and in Yorkshire of all places ;-)

I need to remember my out of date student card. Still works a treat. Hopefully the run will continue this weekend :-)

3 questions i have.

1. are children allowed in the pubs, im taking my little brother whos 13?

2. which of the pubs have sky sports? i want to watch the footie before the proper game

3. this is a longshot, im pretty rubbish with directions could you tell me the postcode of any of the pubs so i can put it in my sat nav, if not no worries.

cheers

Daniel - I've got to go to work, but I'll pop on mid-evening with a selection of pubs and postcodes that suit your needs. I'll check and see if The Dolphin on Whaddon Way does Sky Sports. If not, I know quite a few slightly further afield that are kiddie friendly.

Didnt this happen once, and in Yorkshire of all places ;-)

I need to remember my out of date student card. Still works a treat. Hopefully the run will continue this weekend :-)

Nottingham made a mistake a couple of years ago and didn't put expiry dates on the student cards...so as far as I'm concerned I've got student admission costs for life...

Nottingham made a mistake a couple of years ago and didn't put expiry dates on the student cards...so as far as I'm concerned I've got student admission costs for life...

I always made sure that my NUS card always showed "Year 1".

Doing this ensured entry to Freshers Events every year throughout my course. :gorgeous:

My current Salford Uni card doesnt have any date neither, although I did get clocked on this at Mcdonalds of all places and I only wanted a free cheeseburger with my main meal. Cheap buggers wouldnt let me

Nearby pubs with Sky Sports...

The Chequers in Fenny Stratford. Small but homely pub about 15 minutes from the ground. Best to park in Tesco just down the road. Family friendly. MK2 2BY.

The Dolphin, Whaddon Way Bletchley. Being used by a few Dons fans now and some Leicester supporters discovered it too the other weekend. 10 minute walk to ground. Car park plus shopping area adjacent that I think has a chippy with plenty of parking too. Probably going to pop in myself tomorrow has I haven't been in there for yonks. MK3 7JZ.

Slightly further afield, the Tawny Owl is a decent stop-off. Hungry Horse themed pub with giant plates of food and a three minute drive to the ground. MK7 7AN.

If you're drinking away from the ground, try to get those cars to Mount Farm by 2.15ish before it gets busy and parking spaces get filled up!

Edited by BletchleyDons