The inquest starts here - merged - all Shez out posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid he's job is untenable specially after doggate. Things need changing straight away - Even if it means a Director of Football. There is nothing new that we haven't seen over the last 2 seasons. It seems we don't have legs or heart after December. I think this month will be a massive one for the club - TTA have signals changes in the finance & the signning of veterans haven't push the club forward as we like.

The scouting network is either not listen to or is very poor. The players who normally do well for us are players trying to prove a point, this has always been the case. I think transfer policy of getting experience players hasn't worked and won't work.

I think we need a manger with the lower leagues experience - I think Gannon will probably be in place for next season, specially after the Brighton fiasco (offering him the job, only to receed it).

I think next season will be a very hard!

I don't write alot of the forum, but read nearly every post on here. To be honest It's all becoming laughable, the team just sound like they haven't got it in them to even challenge the teams we're playing every week. I don't get how Hines played instead of Stam, when at least Stam & Gregan have played together before. I really hope we can sort this out. I'm not shouting for Shez to be sacked etc.. but after the last couple of weeks, It's just not funny anymore!

From what i saw at the game today the only option is for sheridan to leave oldham.

The problem was Nik you couldn't sack a manager whilst he had his team in the play-offs, uninspiring games asdide he was doing what the owners wanted.

Sacking him would have made us a massive laughing stock.

I agree. It would have made us look like a bunch of dimwits doing that.

Think if Shez goes at the end of the season - there are a lot of players coming up to their end of contract. wouldn't it be better to get someone in now?

It would be ive been to the game today it was shocking he needs to go we havent been playing well for a while get someone in now to try and save our season or else its going to end in mid table

It's good to see he hasn't lost the dressing room and morale is good.

Lets just hope we can keep hold of Jan Budtz

Fingers Crossed.

the alarm bells should have been sounding when we lost 5-0 at hereford. they could have got rid then. :

interesting that Darren Ferguson has got his team to 2nd in the division by ignoring his dad's advice, squandering the budget he has been given and by being best mates with the players. Young ambitious managers - Lee Clarke, Ferguson, Gannon, Di Matteo, Martinez - all are determined to succeed at all costs even if it means walking all over the players' sensitivities. All are educated, personable and able to speak in public without looking like a dickheed.

Really?!

Not overly sure what Lee Clarke's done either...a few good impact results followed by a slump which has seen them return to the bottom half. Just because he talks a good game doesn't make him a good manager.

Really?!

Not overly sure what Lee Clarke's done either...a few good impact results followed by a slump which has seen them return to the bottom half. Just because he talks a good game doesn't make him a good manager.

Got back from Milton Keynes about 30 minutes ago. Just want to say that instead of booing Shez and the players we should be encouraging them. All that's happening when people boo the team are that they get even more disheartened, it doesn't lift them and encourage them, quite the opposite.

Shez will be here til the end of the season, then who knows? One of my only criticisms of Shez today is why the bloody hell didn't he play Stam. He's match fit now, plays well alongside Gregan and well, dare I say it, is miles better than Hines. My prediction for next season is that we won't have Stam, he's going to go. He was pissed off about not playing when I was talking to him at Belle Vue the other week, imagine how he must feel today. Poor bugger was warming up on the touchline for around 20minutes and still didn't get a game??????

Latics fans were arguing amongst themselves as to Sheridan's fate, and I was one of them. I'm in the let's support Sheridan team. Yes, we were dreadful, yes in my opinion his choice of team was wrong (see above) but for goodness sake, stop calling for his blood.

Oh and by the way, I WAS at Doggygate and guess what, I saw NO fighting or arguing amongst manager or players.

SHERIDAN'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY.

WE LOVE YOU OLDHAM WE DO.

Latics fans were arguing amongst themselves as to Sheridan's fate, and I was one of them. I'm in the let's support Sheridan team. Yes, we were dreadful, yes in my opinion his choice of team was wrong (see above) but for goodness sake, stop calling for his blood.

I'm trying to work out how its actually possible to want sheridan to stay. Could you explain your reasoning?

One of my only criticisms of Shez today is why the bloody hell didn't he play Stam. He's match fit now, plays well alongside Gregan and well, dare I say it, is miles better than Hines. My prediction for next season is that we won't have Stam, he's going to go. He was pissed off about not playing when I was talking to him at Belle Vue the other week, imagine how he must feel today. Poor bugger was warming up on the touchline for around 20minutes and still didn't get a game??????

Stam should have come on for Gregan at HT. Greegs had a poor first half, was semi-lucky not to get sent off and was being done for pace time after time. For all of MK's nice passing along the ground, they looked more dangerous when they played it over the top for the strikers to run onto it.

Then again, at least he tried...

Yes, we were dreadful, yes in my opinion his choice of team was wrong

You don't appear to have noticed that this problem is not unique to today - it is happening week after week.

There are many here who have steadfastly refused to boo or call for the manager's head for months, yet have finally decided enough is enough. Some people take a little longer to learn than others.

I give the same support now that I did when we were going nowhere in the old 3rd Div (N). My style of support (Other than financially) doesn't have a bearing on the teams success - never has, never will, it is the inability to get the best out of a decent squad that will remain the problem until we change our manager.

Stam should have come on for Gregan at HT. Greegs had a poor first half, was semi-lucky not to get sent off and was being done for pace time after time. For all of MK's nice passing along the ground, they looked more dangerous when they played it over the top for the strikers to run onto it.

Then again, at least he tried...

I doubt we'd have conceded 6 if Gregan had walked (as he probably should have) for that challenge, and we'd had to play with 10 men for the rest of the game. Greegs was awful.

I thought Gannon had a promotion under his belt? what is the longest run of wins for Stockport and who was in charge?

Gannon ain't certainly the man for the job - but like others mentioned he has some of the qualities on the job spec.

who is then??