Blind Faith

just imagine for a moment that we dont get the win we all crave for on Saturday.......

What then?

I know what may happen........"bubble burst before it even got blown up"......."wrong choice for manager"........."told you so, it never works the second time round" might be a few of the headlines on this board at 5pm.

Please please please, lets just refrain from negativity for the run in. If you want to call it happy clapping, then be my guest, I'll be the first to happy clap. I prefer to call it unbridalled support....blind faith even!

Some probable facts

We wont win the remaining 9 games

Some players WILL have stinkers during the run in

Mistakes will be made

The new manager may not play the right first choice XI (in your opinion)

Despite the above, come on guys (and girls), just this once, lets get behind the lads and give them confidence to prosper.

Surely they'll have a better chance of making the playoffs and ultimately Wembley with all of us behind them.

Guest sheridans_world

I couldnt care less, I'm getting to see Oldham Athletic play under Joe Royle.

I KNOW, I was at Boundary Park way back when.

I just CANT REMEMBER being there!!!

Only time will tell...

No pressure on Joe from me...

I think the atmosphere at BP on saturday will be much improved, there will always be people that want to moan no matter what but from reading the reaction on here the fans have real belief in the team now and everyones 100% behind them.

I couldnt care less, I'm getting to see Oldham Athletic play under Joe Royle.

I KNOW, I was at Boundary Park way back when.

I just CANT REMEMBER being there!!!

Only time will tell...

No pressure on Joe from me...

I, like many on here, can remember.

Those were heady days. Premiership, Wembley (back when playing at Wembley really meant something), travelling to Upton Park in a semi final with a 6-0 first leg lead, Ritchie's equaliser at the Dell in the 97th minute (thanks Roger for wearing the Mickey Mouse watch) all from the team from a town of Chimneys. It really was "pinch me" times.

Just a fraction of that success would do me for now.

That said, there were trying times even then as there will be now. Lets just get behind them, no matter what.

just imagine for a moment that we dont get the win we all crave for on Saturday.......

What then?

I know what may happen........"bubble burst before it even got blown up"......."wrong choice for manager"........."told you so, it never works the second time round" might be a few of the headlines on this board at 5pm.

Please please please, lets just refrain from negativity for the run in. If you want to call it happy clapping, then be my guest, I'll be the first to happy clap. I prefer to call it unbridalled support....blind faith even!

Some probable facts

Mistakes will be made

Despite the above, come on guys (and girls), just this once, lets get behind the lads and give them confidence to prosper.

Surely they'll have a better chance of making the playoffs and ultimately Wembley with all of us behind them.

Totally agree.

If anyone says he's picking the wrong team or is tactically inept well that's just pathetic. Joe, like Shez, has considerably more knowledge of the professional game than us lot put together.

The manager and players deserve to be backed with blind faith just for being in the positions they are at our beloved club.

It's up to the board to decide who the right manager is. And it's up to the manager to decide on the right players. Whatever they go with I will support (this is a bit idealistic and I can't say I've always heeded these words and it's not easy!!).

All we can do is create an air of positivity and belief around the place, that the players can thrive in. Hopefully, they will then deliver and if not, it's not worth getting upset about. Just come back the next week and do the same if you want to see the team do well.

Football is an odd thing, in that you pay for it before you know what you're going to get in return, whether it's a season-ticket before a ball's been kicked or 20 quid on the gate before the next 90 minutes. If you're not happy at the end, don't complain, you knew anything could happen and more often than not it's what you least expected! But that goes for the good times, as well as the bad.

Come on Oldham!

we need 100% backing by the fans, make the atmosphere pumping on saturday, get right behind the players from the off. we go one down sing EVEN louder show encouragement instead of the usal sit down shut up antics we normally do at latics.

Edited by LaticsLee

What then?

Some probable facts

Mistakes will be made

Not from me. I think it's now a tall order for any manager to turn around the decline in the players over the last 20+ weeks. We just don't seem fit anymore. We are closed down way to easy whilst we can't catch the oppo with the ball. Hell, even one man struggles to find space from every throw in we have these days. One thing I do trust in though with BFJ, if he stays on or leaves again at the seasons end he'll know who needs to be retained and who to send on their merry way with a boot up the backside.

I think the atmosphere WILL be fantastic on Saturday. Dare I say, almost electric for the first 30 mins or so. It'll obviously depend on how the game goes as to how long it'll stay that way.

Hopefully though the players will respond to the new air of positivity (is that a word??) around the place and should certainly feel it from the fans.

I for one can't wait. And I can't remember the last time I said that.

Limbering up me vocal chords already in preparation.

Might even lay off the ciggies for a few days!! :shock:

we need 100% backing by the fans, make the atmosphere pumping on saturday, get right behind the players from the off. we go one down sing EVEN louder show encouragement instead of the usal sit down shut up antics we normally do at latics.

One thing about Joe is that his positivity is infectious! From the ages of 9-17 blind optimism was a pre-requisite for me as a fledgling Latics fan. The negativity and cynicism has only developed over the last 15 years. For the next 9 games I'm going to sing like I've not done for years and anything is possible - the doom and gloom has been blown away and no matter what it will be an honour to again watch games under Royle's tutelage. If we make it great, if we don't well that is down to the legacy of the last four months not Joe. If all goes well but we don't make it, I still think he should be given at least a year to try and get us up. Budget's mean nothing to Joe, he'll wheel and deal and give the kids a chance to prove themselves.

Fact of the matter is I'm all out of rage and heartache , that was used on a considerable number of dire performances dating back to November.

In truth Im just glad to have Royle back and will enjoy the next 9 games whatever it brings.

BFJBA

Edited by the_carters_arms

The fact is Saturday is a tough game with Tranmere hitting a bit of form so the result is not a given (if it ever is) BUT JR has that special ability that makes you believe. If the players dont respond to that its down to them but they will be out of the side. Shez tried but couldnt get a response that was needed. The atmosphere whatever the crowd numbers will be electric just through emotion for those who remember and those who want to experience life under big Joe. The fact its against the Hoofmeister is irrelevant any game with big Joes infectious smile and enthusiasm should get even Coco excited (well perhaps not).

Whatever the season now brings one thing for sure is we WILL give it a real go under Joe. Suprises YES, problems YES but treating as a 12 game season with a point deficit Joe has the motivational qualities that might make the fairytale happen. We dont have any devine right to be in the play offs but we will give it a go to the bitter end. Surely that all we can ask.

Back the shirt whoever wears it and trust in Joe "Keep the Faith". If you cant keep quiet.

I think thats the key mate.

If you aint got anything positive to say, dont say it!

I know people pay their money so have a right to blah blah blah, but just this once, just for the final assault, get behind em.

In Royle we trust !

Not from me. I think it's now a tall order for any manager to turn around the decline in the players over the last 20+ weeks. We just don't seem fit anymore. We are closed down way to easy whilst we can't catch the oppo with the ball. Hell, even one man struggles to find space from every throw in we have these days. One thing I do trust in though with BFJ, if he stays on or leaves again at the seasons end he'll know who needs to be retained and who to send on their merry way with a boot up the backside.

Bit harsh, it's not been that bad has it? We're still up there and you don't win at Millwall without doing somethings right.

Bit harsh, it's not been that bad has it?

Err, in the cold light of day? He summed it up beautifully. It's been bloody awful.

We're still up there and you don't win at Millwall without doing somethings right.

Which is exactly why it is so frustrating.

We have the players.

We have better players than we had 12 months ago.

We came 8th last season.

We should easily be higher than that. With the right motivation.

Err, in the cold light of day? He summed it up beautifully. It's been bloody awful.

Which is exactly why it is so frustrating.

We have the players.

We have better players than we had 12 months ago.

We came 8th last season.

We should easily be higher than that. With the right motivation.

Some of you guys would have an argument in a phone box on your own. I'm aware of the frustrations, you're not exclusive to it all. However I was stating that it hasn't been ALL bad, we've had some decent results and some decent individual performances. The way it was described made us look like a bottom 3 club.