Royle Era shirts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also have my littlewoods cup final scarf

I've just found my promoted to Division 1 1991 scarf, and my littlewoods cup final flat cap. It's a bit tatty, but I'm sure an airing will do it good

Edited by lincoln_latic

I've just found my promoted to Division 1 1991 scarf, and my littlewoods cup final flat cap. It's a bit tatty, but I'm sure an airing will do it good

I've still got my one of them & its in not too bad condition - might forsake the fack that i'll look an absolute tool & wear it anyway on sat..........Retro!!!!!

I need some help guys.

I have a blue shirt but it doesn't have any sponsor on the front. It looks just like the bovis one but without the bovis. It also has a white, red, and black pattern design on the right sleeve.

Is this from the Royle era?

I need some help guys.

I have a blue shirt but it doesn't have any sponsor on the front. It looks just like the bovis one but without the bovis. It also has a white, red, and black pattern design on the right sleeve.

Is this from the Royle era?

Yes, I have one too. I like to think it's a bit of a special edition because I imagine it comes from the brief period between having Bovis and JD Sports on the shirts.

Yes, I have one too. I like to think it's a bit of a special edition because I imagine it comes from the brief period between having Bovis and JD Sports on the shirts.

If you mean the one pictured above, I'm sure I got mine in '89 which would be well before the JD era. (Could be wrong though - it was a long time ago)

th_IMAG0092.jpg

Think I'll wear this one on Sat....

Ahh! The memories :)

I've got one very similar to that with JD Sports on the front. According to Museum De Latique it's the 92/93 home shirt. Although a bit tight I think it's the outfit for Saturday!

If you mean the one pictured above, I'm sure I got mine in '89 which would be well before the JD era. (Could be wrong though - it was a long time ago)

No mate, I'm also pretty sure yours is the 89-91 shirt - I'd like one of those myself. Mine is the one that succeeded it 91-93 and displayed both Bovis and JD sports (and nothing for a few months inbetween).

With a bit of luck this seasons original Hillstones shirts along with the pink edition will prove collectors items from a classic season :) I'll do well to remember all the circumstances surrounding them though.

Future Latics trivia question - Why did Latics wear 5 different strips during their 2008/09 play-off winning season?

Edited by Stitch_KTF

th_IMAG0092.jpg

Think I'll wear this one on Sat....

Ahh! The memories :)

Managed to lose mine (with Bovis on) years ago.

Would love another one - keep an occassional eye on eBay etc but they never seem to come up.

Oldest one I have is the 94 Wembley one - think it will be that on Saturday. Not sure what happened to my old shirts - had the one with the graphic on the sleeve, the red and white away kit we had in the Premierships first season.

Managed to lose mine (with Bovis on) years ago.

Would love another one - keep an occassional eye on eBay etc but they never seem to come up.

Oldest one I have is the 94 Wembley one - think it will be that on Saturday. Not sure what happened to my old shirts - had the one with the graphic on the sleeve, the red and white away kit we had in the Premierships first season.

I had them all, then ten years ago I sold some of them on the car boot sale. Realised the error of my ways and began collecting again, now got every home shirt since 1985 and every away shirt since 1990. All various sizes but I've got both Umbro Green kits (the snotty psychedelic effort and the Jade/Navy ensemble) both in XL, shoe horn needed but I may go green just for saturday!