Royle Era shirts

In respect of the great man's return I'll be wearing one of my 1990 shirts to the game on Saturday.

Anyone else still got theirs and had the same idea?

It would be great to see all those shirts, scarves and other merchandise from the Royle era on display again.

Mine'll be a bit of a tight squeeze now though :blush:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In respect of the great man's return I'll be wearing one of my 1990 shirts to the game on Saturday.

Anyone else still got theirs and had the same idea?

It would be great to see all those shirts, scarves and other merchandise from the Royle era on display again.

Mine'll be a bit of a tight squeeze now though :blush:

Ha ha :lol: I was only thinking the same last night......... I'm gonna dig one out and wear it for the special day :grin:

Yep - have dug out my shadow stripe number sponsored by JD sports. Also found a leisure jacket that still fits with the club badge on the back, its a blue fleck bad taste object - came with tracksuit type bottoms too originally. anyone else got one??

Also remember we used to sing Royle, Royle ( as in roy-al to amazing grace) a lot as well as "walking down sheepfoot lane"

Lets go RETRO!!!

I've got the last Bovis shirt which is a bit tight and also got the same shirt but with no sponsor on (bought during the period between Bovis and JD Sports I imagine - limited edition?). It's an XL too so it's a bit too big.... :tongue1:

Who would of thought we'd be getting back JD Sports and Big Joe this season? :)

Can someone a bit older than me (im 26) confirm which kit latics played in during Big Joe's reign? I have a few that i bought of ebay but never wear them.

Anything with Bovis or J.W Lees or even Maxwell will do the trick....... oh and maybe even JD sports although you'll have to make sure it's pre-'94

I'm fortunate to be borrowing one of my dad's old shirts, think maybe the green and white one from 1991-92. The only question is do I take the league cup final scarf or the 1994 FA cup semi-final scarf

hmmm he ponders :mmm: